An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quotations that Motivate & Inspire

BarbTherese

0215sheen-ArchbishopFultonSheen-CNS_3556

Catholic Mission hopes for October beatification

Published: 23 July 2019

Archbishop Fulton Sheen (CNS)

National director of Catholic Mission Fr Brian Lucas says the beatification of Archbishop Fulton Sheen would be timely if held during the Extraordinary Missionary Month in October.

Earlier this month, Pope Francis paved the way for the beatification of the high-profile American archbishop, who has a close link to Catholic Mission.

“Archbishop Sheen is well-known as one of the first to utilise television for evangelisation of his own people — and he later won an Emmy for it — but his heart was always for mission to the ends of the earth,” Fr Lucas said.

“To that end, he was a National Director of the Propagation of the Faith in the US, one of the four societies that make up the Pontifical Mission Societies, known in Australia as Catholic Mission.”  Read more http://cathnews.com/cathnews/35560-catholic-mission-hopes-for-october-beatification

54c9104c22a01.jpg

Vincent's Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day – July 24

"If you want to have peace of heart and a thousand blessings from God, do not listen any longer either to your own judgment or your will "(VII:589).

41-zTJN5ewL._SX358_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

One of the best, if not the best, books (commentary) I have read on St Therese and her Little Way is "The Love that Keeps Us Sane" (Fr Mark Foley OCD).  It is an excellent guide too for discerning God's Will in a quite ordinary daily life in the Laity.  It is available on Kindle as well :

https://www.amazon.com/Love-That-Keeps-Sane-Illuminationbooks/dp/0809140020

What I like to do is to commence reading with a prayer to The Holy Spirit - and then retain what seems to fit for me and discard what doesn't seem to fit...............nor do I second guess myself.

I firmly believe that since I do desire to love The Lord above all things and neighbour as myself that The Holy Spirit will be my guide.  I trust in that.........nor do I second guess myself.

From early in her life, Sister Alphonsa experienced great suffering. With the passing of the years, the heavenly Father gave her an ever fuller share in the Passion of his beloved Son. We recall how she experienced not only physical pain of great intensity, but also the spiritual suffering of being misunderstood and misjudged by others. But she constantly accepted all her sufferings with serenity and trust in God, being firmly convinced that they would purify her motives, help her to overcome all selfishness, and unite her more closely with her beloved divine Spouse.

0728-624x468.png

In all things, we can trust in Divine Providence leading to complete Peace and Joy in all circumstances even the most terrible, base and wicked events: (God's Will as always the Ultimate Good in all things and nothing can happen outside of God's Will, either Direct or Permissive). 

MEANING OF DIVINE PROVIDENCE:

"Let go and let God." This popular phrase captures the essence of Father Jean-Pierre de Caussade's 18th century treatise on trust, Abandonment to Divine Providence. Do you doubt? Do you suffer? Are you anxious about the trials of life? Father de Caussade offers the one sure solution to any spiritual difficulty: abandon yourself entirely to God by embracing the duties of your station in life. With wisdom and gentleness he teaches how to practice complete submission to the will of God in every situation, whether we are beginners or seasoned travelers on the way of perfection. True abandonment, he explains, is a trusting, peaceful, and childlike surrender to the guidance of grace.

Complete Audio Book: Abandonment to Divine Providence.  Author: Father Jean-Pierre de Caussade SJ.

...........and on a much much lighter note...........the gift of laughter can be God's Gift in times of trouble, His Way of lightening our burden, helping us carry and bear with our troubles, our worries and burdens.

St Teresa of Avila : "A sad nun is a bad nun … I am more afraid of one unhappy sister than a crowd of evil spirits … What would happen if we hid what little sense of humor we had? Let each of us humbly use this to cheer others.” https://aleteia.org/2017/10/15/the-unexpected-humor-of-st-teresa-of-avila/

BISHOP BARRON SPEAKING ABOUT

SATAN AND EVIL

BISHOP BARRON SPEAKING ABOUT

SATAN AND EVIL

The bad news

and THE GOOD NEWS!