An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kerry Charged With Heresy In Canonical Court

cmotherofpirl

littleflower+JMJ

calling a spade a spade, i will pray for him as i pray for President Bush to be good leaders in whatever office wherever they may be. :)

pax.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 2 2004, 11:58 PM']
Recognizing Kerry has a heretic does not keep us from seeing that his soul is in danger. It does not keep us from praying for him. It [b]does[/b] reduce the scandal to the American people. That is something worth rejoicing over. [/quote]
Okay I agree with that. But saying "I am glad Kerry is being charaged, I hope he is convicted. He is low down." That bugs me. You could say that about anyone and it would still brother me. We need to pray for his conversions, not conviction. We need to pray for a reducation of scandal (and I am not sure labeling him a Heritic would do it, but nonetheless).

i would disagree with the comments if this was breaking news that Kerry was pro-abort. but the only new news here was that something was being done about it, and that is good news, so there were positive comments.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jul 3 2004, 12:57 AM'] I am glad something is being done, but if he is misleading Catholics, I think we have a BIGGER problem on hand than Kerry. Maybe we need to reeducate Catholics if that is true.

But the comments still bug me. [/quote]
Re-educating Catholics is one objective of the New Evangelization. Modern society is in great need of proper catechesis. That's obvious, but that and pointing out Kerry's fallacies are not mutually exclusive...in fact, they help each other.

[quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Jul 2 2004, 11:59 PM'] i will pray for him as i pray for President Bush to be good leaders in whatever office wherever they may be. :) [/quote]
LOL! I agree with that kinda...

I am not sure how there are more than one Pres. Bush's right now but I won't question it.

i pray for [b]President Bush [/b]to be good leader[b]s [/b]in whatever office wherever [b]they[/b] may be.

But I still agree. LOL!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jul 3 2004, 01:00 AM'] Okay I agree with that. But saying "I am glad Kerry is being charaged, I hope he is convicted. He is low down." That bugs me. You could say that about anyone and it would still brother me. We need to pray for his conversions, not conviction. We need to pray for a reducation of scandal (and I am not sure labeling him a Heritic would do it, but nonetheless). [/quote]
Who called him "low down"?

That would be uncharitable.

Calling him a snake is borderline, simply because it is to be taken as allegory. I wouldn't call him that.

I would, however, call him a person who is not loyal to the teachings of the Church.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 3 2004, 12:01 AM'] i would disagree with the comments if this was breaking news that Kerry was pro-abort. but the only new news here was that something was being done about it, and that is good news, so there were positive comments. [/quote]
But comments like the one MC Just made are ummm brothersum. Kerry may be wrong. LOL! Okay Kerry is wrong. But that doesn't mean we are to be happy that something very serouis is being done. Something needed to be done, and saddly it may come to this. But the goal of Canon law is to bring them back to the Church. Calling them a snake and praying for his conviction, not converstion, isn't furthering that.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jul 3 2004, 12:02 AM'] LOL! I agree with that kinda...

I am not sure how there are more than one Pres. Bush's right now but I won't question it.

i pray for [b]President Bush [/b]to be good leader[b]s [/b]in whatever office wherever [b]they[/b] may be.

But I still agree. LOL! [/quote]
LOL do you want a medal or not? :shame: hahaha

if so please kindly ignore my many grammar errors :blush: LOL

what i meant tho' (I type very fast and too lazy to stop and edit) was that i pray for everyone starting with President Bush and all gov. officials. :D

now here...have some flowers :flowers: I picked them just for you.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jul 3 2004, 12:05 AM'] But comments like the one MC Just made are ummm brothersum. Kerry may be wrong. LOL! Okay Kerry is wrong. But that doesn't mean we are to be happy that something very serouis is being done. Something needed to be done, and saddly it may come to this. But the goal of Canon law is to bring them back to the Church. Calling them a snake and praying for his conviction, not converstion, isn't furthering that. [/quote]
its like a robber, who stole, your gonna cheer when you find out he got caught and will have to face the music.

yoru glad his probably wont be able to rob no more...

likewise this article. :D

listen to EWTN Radio NOW!!! The guy who did this was interviewed on the news show "The World Over Live" The repeat is on right now!!!!

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 3 2004, 12:03 AM'] Who called him "low down"?

That would be uncharitable.

Calling him a snake is borderline, simply because it is to be taken as allegory. I wouldn't call him that.

I would, however, call him a person who is not loyal to the teachings of the Church. [/quote]
I was paraphasing. I don't belive anyone really said anything in that quote. But snake is about the same meaning.

Snake as refering to a person is defnined as "A treacherous person." And has negitive conotations in Western Culture and is used to put someone down and establish supiority. "Nothing but a low down snake."

Snakes and reptiles are also used often as symbols for evil or Satan in figurity writing.

Therefore, I see calling Mr. Kerry a snake, even though he is a person who is not loyal to the teachings of the Church, is unchariatable, in my mind. Calling him a person who doesn't adhere to Church teachings is stating a fact and has not conoatations carried in the words. The words themselves are neutral when taken seperatly. When combined they say Kerry has failed to obey the Church.

Iacobus:[quote] I am glad something is being done, but if he is misleading Catholics, I think we have a BIGGER problem on hand than Kerry. Maybe we need to reeducate Catholics if that is true.
[/quote]

Raphael:[quote] Re-educating Catholics is one objective of the New Evangelization. Modern society is in great need of proper catechesis. That's obvious, but that and pointing out Kerry's fallacies are not mutually exclusive...in fact, they help each other.[/quote]

The scandal is the bad reflection on the Church when there are people supporting incorrect things and saying it's ok by their conscience and they are not corrected. The misleading is not necessarily Catholics but society as a whole.

LittleflowerJ+M+J:[quote]its like a robber, who stole, your gonna cheer when you find out he got caught and will have to face the music.

yoru glad his probably wont be able to rob no more...[/quote]

In Senator Kerry's case it's like a robber who stole and BRAGGED about it, and many people were just letting him go and finally got caught.

I am worried, though, about how people will say this necessary move, if Sen. Kerry doesn't repent before that, is being done now for political reasons, and it'll lessen the good of it in people's eyes.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote]The scandal is the bad reflection on the Church when there are people supporting incorrect things and saying it's ok by their conscience and they are not corrected. The misleading is not necessarily Catholics but society as a whole.
[/quote]

I never claimed otherwise.