An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kerry Charged With Heresy In Canonical Court

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

Heresy lawsuit filed against Kerry in canonical court

Los Angeles, Jul. 01 (CWNews.com) - A Los Angeles lay canon lawyer and assistant judge in the archdiocesan tribunal has initiated a heresy case against Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry. Marc Balestrieri, 33, filed the "denunciation" with the Archdiocese of Boston on June 14, and posted the 18-page complaint to his web site at www.defide.com. Kerry is a US Senator from Massachusetts.

Balestrieri told the Washington Times : "Heresy is a public, ecclesiastical crime. It affects entire communities. It is one of the greatest sins you can commit." He added, "My goal is his repentance, not excommunication." The canon lawyer said he filed the heresy charge based on his public pro-abortion stance. "People are saying you can be pro-choice and be a good Christian, that it is not contrary to the faith to support aborted murder," he said. Balestrieri said such heresy threatens every Catholic's possession of the faith. To that end, he encouraged other Catholics to visit his web site and sign on as third-party members of the class-action lawsuit.

While a Catholic layman may bring a case against another layman in an ecclesiastical court, it is highly unusual, and it is even more unusual for such a charge to be brought against a politician, rather than an official of the Church.

Asked why he had brought the case now, against Kerry, Balestrieri told the Washington Times, "Bishops have had 41 years to do something on this matter, but they've done nothing."

The lawsuit is currently being reviewed by the Archdiocese of Boston, and if accepted will be considered by a three-judge panel and Kerry will be given an opportunity to defend himself against the charges. If the archdiocese refuses to review the case, Balestrieri will have the option to appeal to the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and it's prefect, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (bio - news).

While I think that this is a wonderful thing, I think we should all pray for Kerry's repentance and a public apology/reversal of stance before this even happens, and even if it goes through, I still think we should keep the rosaries on hand for Mr. Kerry.

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]While I think that this is a wonderful thing, I think we should all pray for Kerry's repentance and a public apology/reversal of stance before this even happens, and even if it goes through, I still think we should keep the rosaries on hand for Mr. Kerry. [/quote]

Yes, I agree. I'm glad someone is taking action, but a man's soul is in peril. Let's do a Rosary crusade for Kerry.

Something about this thread bugs me. Not that Kerry is being charged, which bugs me kinda because the guy who is charging him is doing so now, why didn't he do it before? He didn't have to wait on the Bishops. Three years ago did he know of Kerry? So that kinda bugs me, it seems like he is doing it more out of vendetta than true worry for the Church.

But what bugs me more are people replying to this news like

[quote]Boston better do the right thing. Kerry is a snake....[/quote]

[quote]This is the most awesomest thing I've ever read.[/quote]

[quote]FINALLY!

:P i'm so glad to read something like that, it makes my day.[/quote]

None of those statements hit me as overwhelming Catholic or Charitable. We see that Kerry's soul is in danger, we should be praying for him, not rejoicing that he is being charged as a hertic. We should be praying for his converstion and his acepttant of the Church.

Just my 2cents.

littleflower+JMJ

i just hope that someting gets done cuz either way his leading astray alot of catholics into thinking that the Church accepts abortion (and other things) and no one should be causing the scandal in the way he is causing to the Holy Mother Church.

whether he changes or gets excommunicated, something does need to be done.

its the Churchs' duty to make sure that it is never teaches falsness as truthness.

im actually glad that something is being done, stuff like this needs to be stop. and ppl need to know that we will not stand for it.

comments that you have quoted are ones that any faithful catholic would feel at seeing the Holy Mother Church used in such a dishonorable way being put to a stop....and to see some action being done is good to see...

maybe once Kerry realizes he won't be able to get away with it, he will either stop calling himself catholic or decide to be obedient.

God bless,
+JMJ+

I think people were just happy people are finally recognizing the wrong and calling him out on it. They're happy action is finally being taken. As am I. I'm concerned about his soul as well as the souls of any he leads astray, and am happy that action is finally being taken to correct the error he is spreading.

I am glad something is being done, but if he is misleading Catholics, I think we have a BIGGER problem on hand than Kerry. Maybe we need to reeducate Catholics if that is true.

But the comments still bug me.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote]None of those statements hit me as overwhelming Catholic or Charitable. We see that Kerry's soul is in danger, we should be praying for him, not rejoicing that he is being charged as a hertic. We should be praying for his converstion and his acepttant of the Church.
[/quote]

Recognizing Kerry has a heretic does not keep us from seeing that his soul is in danger. It does not keep us from praying for him. It [b]does[/b] reduce the scandal to the American people. That is something worth rejoicing over.