An Old School Catholic Message Board

WOKE

little2add

Catholic Couple Banned in Mass. from Fostering Children Over Religious Beliefs

In the letter that denied their application, the Massachusetts Department of Children & Families indicated that the Burkes, if they were to be foster parents, would need to “to promote the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of a child placed in his or her care, including supporting and respecting a child's sexual orientation or gender identity.” Because the Burkes are Catholic, and those delusions don’t align with their views, they were denied. 

“As faithful Catholics, the Burkes believe that all children should be loved and supported, and they would never reject a child placed in their home," the lawsuit stated. "They also believe that children should not undergo procedures that attempt to change their God-given sex, and they uphold Catholic beliefs about marriage and sexuality.”

https://straightarrownews.com/cc/catholic-couple-says-mass-blocked-their-foster-parent-licenses-over-their-religion/

On 7/1/2021 at 8:26 AM, Peace said:

Am I the only person who finds it extremely weird to refer to someone as "Black Catholic Gloria Purvis"?

Heck I am black why not refer to me as "Black Catholic Peace" from now on.

How about "White Catholic Dust" while we are at it?

Irish Catholic Joe Biden?

Hispanic Pope Francis?

lol

• 2 weeks later...

The American Medical Association (AMA) has suggested that taxpayers should subsidize uterus transplants worth up to $300,000 to help transgender women get pregnant.

Arguments were made to reduce the cost of the surgery in its Journal of Ethics issue in June titled Patient-Centered Transgender Surgical Care.

But the AMA has been criticized for floating the idea and has been accused of holding an ‘activist position’.

taxpayers should subsidize uterus transplants worth up to $300,000 to help biological males get pregnant.

pardon my language, but WT H is wrong with you people (the AMA)

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-fact-check-recent-articles-about-uterus-transplants

Apparently story is baloney

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12417181/American-Medical-Association-suggests-taxpayers-fund-300-000-UTERUS-transplants-help-transgender-women-pregnant.html

FACT:

The AMA has no policy or advocacy positions on uterus transplantation, nor has it proposed taxpayer funding of such procedures. Any reporting or claims to the contrary are false.

FACT:

The journal article (published in June 2023) presented ethical arguments for a hypothetical health issue. It was written by a university professor and fourth-year medical student and included the clear disclaimer that the views expressed “are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the AMA.” 

FACT:

The AMA Journal of Ethics is an editorially independent journal from the AMA – similar to all major medical journals.

FACT:

The AMA Journal of Ethics exists to help students and health care professionals navigate ethical decisions in service to patients and society. As an editorially independent journal, it publishes case studies and expert commentary, medical education articles, policy discussions, peer-reviewed articles for education purposes, and more. Since its inception, the AMA Journal of Ethics has promoted ethics inquiry as a public good. All content is free and widely accessible online.

FACT:

Through its ongoing, mission-based work, the AMA works to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. The largest organization of physicians in the United States, the AMA regularly convenes its House of Delegates which has passed extensive policy that strongly opposes government or third-party intrusion into the patient-physician relationship and discrimination of any kind in medicine. The AMA Code of Ethics, established in 1847 at the founding of the organization, provides the ethical guide and standards for medical care in our country. The AMA is committed to working in partnership with others to address and eliminate bias in the delivery of care and advance health equity.

sorry:blink:

55 minutes ago, little2add said:

Apparently story is baloney

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12417181/American-Medical-Association-suggests-taxpayers-fund-300-000-UTERUS-transplants-help-transgender-women-pregnant.html

FACT:

The AMA has no policy or advocacy positions on uterus transplantation, nor has it proposed taxpayer funding of such procedures. Any reporting or claims to the contrary are false.

I appreciate the self fact-checking.  

This one "FACT" statement, though, has me suspicious.  This is exactly the kind of statement that other organizations have used in the last few years sometimes just weeks before the news came out that, "Oh, it was true all along!"

So, "We have no policy or advocacy positions and have not proposed taxpayer funding" could just be a smokescreen.  A better question would be, do people in your organization want to promote this?  At the very least, we can be certain we would not get a truthful response to that question.

• 1 month later...

the great White hope, Gov. Gavin Newsom (D)

dismissed parents’ concerns Wednesday about California’s policies that prevent schools from notifying parents when their children indicate a desire to change their gender.The issue has triggered a major debate in California, with Newsom’s administration suing a local school district in Chino Valley, in Riverside County, which adopted a parental notification policy in a recent 4-1 school board vote.Newsom appeared in the spin room after the second Republican presidential primary debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. 

the next president of the U.S., not

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Machine_Washable
On 8/25/2023 at 1:10 PM, little2add said:

The American Medical Association (AMA) has suggested that taxpayers should subsidize uterus transplants worth up to $300,000 to help transgender women get pregnant.

Arguments were made to reduce the cost of the surgery in its Journal of Ethics issue in June titled Patient-Centered Transgender Surgical Care.

But the AMA has been criticized for floating the idea and has been accused of holding an ‘activist position’.

taxpayers should subsidize uterus transplants worth up to $300,000 to help biological males get pregnant.

pardon my language, but WT H is wrong with you people (the AMA)

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-fact-check-recent-articles-about-uterus-transplants

They want to make money. 

It has been said that money is the root of all evil afterall.

(although in my book, pride is the root of all evil... but I have a very small and simple book)

*** Viewer caution is advised ***

new speaker of the House, Mike Johnson (R-LA) voiced opposition to gender affirming care for minors

Edited by little2add

On 10/27/2023 at 7:18 AM, Didacus said:

It has been said that money is the root of all evil afterall.

(although in my book, pride is the root of all evil... but I have a very small and simple book)

You mean the love of money?

12 hours ago, Anastasia13 said:

You mean the love of money?

I believe that was implied... but then again, tis a very small book I have.

On 10/28/2023 at 1:25 AM, BarbTherese said:

............and a very best kind

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

They (liberal progressives)  have prioritized the advancement of ‘trans rights’ over the concerns of women, in the mistaken belief that this is somehow more compassionate and progressive.

I.E.: A transgender (Male) swimmer at a New Jersey liberal arts college has broken her school’s record after transferring from the men’s team.

this transperson competed on the men's team for three years before moving to the women’s team this season as a senior. 

Some hailed the "transperson" for her bravery, while "others",  accused her of robbing biological females of opportunities to compete and win.

Edited by little2add