An Old School Catholic Message Board

WOKE

little2add

BarbTherese

Truth has to be in the context of Charity, or it can only ever be a half truth because Charity is missing.

fides' Jack
11 hours ago, BarbTherese said:

Truth has to be in the context of Charity, or it can only ever be a half truth because Charity is missing.

That doesn't make it a half truth.  It just means that it might be conveyed in an uncharitable way.

Most people don't even know what charity is.  It is not being nice.  It is not being kind.  Those are sometimes signs of charity, but not always, and especially not often in our day and age.  

Charity is the love of God, period.  That love of God in turn inspires us to love our neighbors, as they were created by God.  Nobody can claim to love God or their neighbor when they do not speak out against the greatest sins of our age, which only lead people to eternal damnation.  Those people only love themselves, or if they love a god, it is a false god.

It is charity itself that requires the truth to be spoken, even when it offends our neighbor, because the love of God demands it, and the love of our offended neighbor (for the sake of the love of God) demands it.

BarbTherese
7 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

That doesn't make it a half truth.  It just means that it might be conveyed in an uncharitable way.

Most people don't even know what charity is.  It is not being nice.  It is not being kind.  Those are sometimes signs of charity, but not always, and especially not often in our day and age.  

Charity is the love of God, period.  That love of God in turn inspires us to love our neighbors, as they were created by God.  Nobody can claim to love God or their neighbor when they do not speak out against the greatest sins of our age, which only lead people to eternal damnation.  Those people only love themselves, or if they love a god, it is a false god.

It is charity itself that requires the truth to be spoken, even when it offends our neighbor, because the love of God demands it, and the love of our offended neighbor (for the sake of the love of God) demands it.

Well, in a certain manner, I certainly cannot disagree!

Charity, however, is never brutal, lacking in compassion and empathy.  Certainly not in a Sacrament celebrating and making present the Love and Compassion, Mercy of Jesus.  Charity is not demanding either.  It is not judgemental , it is never harsh but as fragile as the gossamer wings of a butterfly and just as beautiful.

Charity is not two movements: Love of God and then love of neighbour.  Charity is one movement, and if it were possible to view it in the whole, it is Love of God and love of neighbour.  It is totally impossible to separate them. 

Edited by BarbTherese

fides' Jack
15 hours ago, BarbTherese said:

Charity is not two movements: Love of God and then love of neighbour.  Charity is one movement, and if it were possible to view it in the whole, it is Love of God and love of neighbour.  It is totally impossible to separate them. 

Neighbor is not God.  It's not the same level as God.  It's not to the same extent as God.  First God. 

It's not an equal thing. 

‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Our Lord certainly separated them.  Here's another one:

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.  For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.  And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Again, these are the words of the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity, Our Lord, Jesus Christ.  Anyone who rejects God (e.g. chooses contraception), and thereby loves themselves or their family more than God, is not worthy of God, and loses Him.  That's a mistake of eternal consequences. 

Much of what you're saying I agree with.  Charity is absolutely important.  As you said, it is the most important of the 3 theological virtues.  Without charity, our works and our prayers are dead.  But lets not confuse charity with kindness or compassion or gentleness.  Those things are sometimes very important, and are signs of charity, especially in a feminine context.  But often those things are also deceptive, and completely uncharitable.  They can even be a sign of hatred, rather than charity.  

Sometimes charity is brutal, and painful.  A parent disciples his/her children out of charity, and discipline is hard, regardless of its form, or it's not true discipline.  A parent who refuses to discipline is a bad parent.  

Lets also not confuse truth with judgment.  I am not being judgmental when I tell a person that if they continue in their sins they will go to hell.  That might be harsh, and even brutal, but it's not judgmental, and it's not uncharitable.  In fact, charity demands I tell them that.  If I don't tell them that, then I'm not really a Christian, and I myself am guilty of the sin they are guilty of, by omission.

Edited by fides' Jack
grammar

7 hours ago, Norseman82 said:

Allowing the complete ridiculous is actually a good way to destroy the ideology overall...

But those poor misguided children I fear will be scared for life, or worse.

Rachel Levine: I’m Glad I Had Kids Before I Transitioned

Assistant Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine stated that she is happy to have transitioned from male to female after having children 

Discussing transitioning later in life, Levine speculated that being a 15-year-old in today’s environment might have led to transitioning while still young. Then Levine added, “I have no regrets because if I had transitioned when I was young then I wouldn’t have my children. I can’t imagine a life without my children.”

What a strange statement coming from this world leader and advocate of adolescent “Gender-affirming care” such as the use of puberty blockers, hormone therapy, and even surgery on children and teens who identify as transgender.

Dr. Levine recognizes that having children is a blessing, however Dr. Levine’s aggressive agenda to encourage the use on minors of puberty-blocking chemicals, cross-sex hormones and disfiguring surgeries, all of which permanently destroy their ability to conceive or bear children is appalling.   

In conclusion; Medical professionals are pledged to first, do no harm. But when, in step with this transgender agenda, they clearly are harming minor children by permanently sterilizing them (and worse).

fides' Jack
7 hours ago, BarbTherese said:

@fides' Jack We are on different pages, Jack :) 

I agree.  I speak so strongly on this because one of our pages is not just not Catholic, but it's distinctly anti-Catholic.

You will understand at some point.  I hope and pray it won't be too late.

Please don't take that the wrong way.  I'm Catholic in ideology and in words, not in actions.  I'll be the first to accuse myself - I'm a hypocrite.  I know what the Church teaches, but I fall far short of those teachings myself.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 11:11 PM, dUSt said:

Get woke go broke

• Disney Lost $123 Billion in Market Value in 2022 as Shares Drop 44 Percent — Worst Year Since 1974
  • Disney recently lost over $300 million after two 'woke' kids movies were gigantic box office bombs

The Next soon-to-be-released-bomb is:

Snow White (and the Seven... Politically-Correct Companions)

The character of the fictional princess, Snow White, has been remade.

Her new companions will be a diverse mix of genders, ethnicities and heights, instead of little people or Dwarfs.

7-little-people.jpg"Snow White" is a 19th-century German fairy tale that is today known widely across the world. The Brothers Grimm published it in 1812 in the first edition of their collection Grimms' Fairy Tales.

:x

Edited by little2add

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How to define “wokeness”

If you think that views like Critical Race Theory, Gender Theory, etc. are so obviously correct that no decent and well-informed person could possibly object to them, and find it at least difficult calmly and rationally to engage with anyone who thinks otherwise, you are woke.

I think that wokeness may be a paranoid delusional hyper-egalitarian mindset that tends to see oppression and injustice where they do not exist or greatly to exaggerate them where they do exist.

In short, woke ideas positively encourage paranoid habits of mind, which are analogous to those exhibited by people suffering from depression, anxiety, and other psychological disorders.  Looking at the world through woke lenses leads one to see oppression and injustice even where they do not exist, to feel strongly aggrieved at this imagined oppression and injustice, and then to treat the narrative of grievance that results as if it were confirming evidence of the reality of the imagined oppression and injustice.

source:  https://www.catholicworldreport.com/2023/03/20/how-to-define-wokeness/

do yo agree?

or disagree

w-o-m-a-n.jpg

:lol2: