An Old School Catholic Message Board

WOKE

little2add

19 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

how would you feel if you or your children were required to listen to Islamic or Buddhist teaching as a matter of course in their public schools? 

I would love it.    History was one of my favorite subjects when I went to school. 

8 hours ago, little2add said:

I would love it.    History was one of my favorite subjects when I went to school. 

Agreed.

But there is a difference between learning about other beliefs and shoving these beliefs down their throats.  Public schools these days are not 'teaching' woke stuff, they are forcing everyone to adhere to the 'woke'-religion principals.

18 hours ago, Didacus said:

Agreed.

But there is a difference between learning about other beliefs and shoving these beliefs down their throats.  Public schools these days are not 'teaching' woke stuff, they are forcing everyone to adhere to the 'woke'-religion principals.

I assume you mean "principles"--heads of schools are not the issue. In any event, do you have evidence for this? I, on the other hand, have clear memories of being forced to listen to so-called "Christian" lessons as I was growing up (many of them explicitly anti-Catholic, and I was Jewish at the time), overt racism (I was in completely segregated schools in the US South), and bizarre Cold War rhetoric taught as "fact."

KnightofChrist
4 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

I assume you mean "principles"--heads of schools are not the issue. In any event, do you have evidence for this? I, on the other hand, have clear memories of being forced to listen to so-called "Christian" lessons as I was growing up (many of them explicitly anti-Catholic, and I was Jewish at the time), overt racism (I was in completely segregated schools in the US South), and bizarre Cold War rhetoric taught as "fact."

Oh no a clear typo/misspelling make sure to rub his face in the mistake. 

KnightofChrist
On 4/5/2023 at 9:51 AM, Nunsuch said:

Please give me any examples of "instructing minors about sex change mutilation" or "kindergarten drag shows"?

There are various children hospitals, or hospitals/clinics that offer 'gender-affirming'/sexual mutilation for minors. Do you think they do not off offer any instruction to their target audience? 

Should it be illegal in any society to remove the heathy genitalia of minors to then be replaced by artificial non-functional 'genitalia'? 

There are also various places where drag queen's shows have been put on for babies, toddlers, and other minors. Where children are exposed to drag queens sliding down strip poles. Where the drag queen is sliding down strip poles in a miniskirt, with his panties barely preventing exposing the children to his male genitalia.  Others where drag queen's do sexy dances for toddlers, or strip teases and toddlers put dollar bills down the 'bosum' or pantie strap of the drag queens. 

Straight non drag queen males would be imprisoned for these kinds of things. Should it be legal that n any society for drag queens?

Drag queens are and have always been hyper sexual, exaggerating (mocking) the sexual nature of actual women. Children should not be exposed to them in any society. 

Also, if you want examples I don't really want to find them for you. I do not want to see those things again. You'll have to find them yourself, the examples do in fact exist.

Edited by KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

In other news trans-activists have assaulted and held Riley Gaines hostage. Because she wants a society where men under the delusional that they are women do not compete in sports with actual women.

KnightofChrist

Also, in other related news a TV show in the UK, which I will not name, recently exposed 14-16 year old minors to fully naked adults. The kids were asked to give feed back on what they saw. The claim was it was part of growing body positivity.

God have mercy on Western Civilization. 

On 4/7/2023 at 8:09 AM, Nunsuch said:

Proof is quite easily found - surf pages on twitter or other places like tik tok, people are showing how this gender stuff is being incorporated into everything which schools teach children as young as 4 year old.  

Libs of Tik Tok, although controversial, has done great work documenting the intent of several school officials and teachers.

At my own place of work, we now need to post our pronouns.  In Canada, if one does not use the 'preferred pronouns' they can be criminally charged.

Laws in California are preventing teachers to mention to parents when kids want to change their pronouns or genders.

Have you seen some of the Drag Queen and qwerty shows being put up for young children?  They are even using minors now to perform in drag in obscene and provocative ways.

Someone who denies this stuff being 'shoved down our throats' is either completely blind or playing stupid.

On 4/8/2023 at 12:07 PM, KnightofChrist said:

Also, in other related news a TV show in the UK, which I will not name, recently exposed 14-16 year old minors to fully naked adults. The kids were asked to give feed back on what they saw. The claim was it was part of growing body positivity.

God have mercy on Western Civilization. 

Although not as grotesque as the example above, a federal sponsored commercial placed young children with drag queens to have a talk with them to encourage and support this chosen lifestyle...

• 2 weeks later...

IMG-5268.jpg
'Cracker Jill' version of 'Cracker Jack' to promote women's sports. PepsiCo announced this week it is unveiling new characters named “Cracker Jill” as part of its “Cracker Jack” brand in an effort to promote the accomplishments of women in sports.   
funny how this WOKE way of thinking, has negatively affected women’s professional sports.
For instance, Now a biological trans-male human can compete with  exclusive woman sporting events under the guise of transgender ism

Somehow , changing the name of crackerJack to crackerJill is going to improve the life of women…

I may be a little slow, but I don’t understand?

Edited by little2add

On 4/7/2023 at 8:09 AM, Nunsuch said:

My french was showing there a bit wasn't it?  lol

There is nothing wrong about being taught Catholic teachings and called to adhere to them when attending a Catholic school.

there is nothing wrong with learning Jewish teachings and being called to adhere to them when attending a Jewish school.

It is only natural that parents will choose to send their children at a school which teaches the faith of their home.  Is this indoctrination?  Maybe so... but I would aim to indoctrinate my children to my beliefs, as a parent I would even consider it my duty.

However, in the course of your teachings if you start slandering other opinions with intent, then of course that is wrong.  You can teach about other religions while respecting those religions, without so much as demanding these teachings to be adhered to explicitly.

Now you want proof - that wokeism is indoctrination kids into their ideology?  I am not going to bother with that too much - its everywhere and you can see it for yourself.  If you don't see it, then you just don't want to see it or playing stupid somehow.

There is a teenager in Canada who was expelled from his school and taken away by police about a month or so ago if I recall.  His 'crime'?  he stated his personnel belief that there are only two genders; male and female...  Do you support arresting minors and banning them from school for affirming such opinions?

LILLEY: High school student suspended, arrested for saying only 2 genders

@Didacus, Canadians have religiously oriented public schools. Not only do US public schools not have a religious identity, but it is explicitly unconstitutional to promote ANY religious doctrine in a US public school. If parents want their children to attend a religious school, they send them to a non-public school for that, which is fine. But taxpayers are not to support schools that promote any religion.

As for the example you cite, I would have to know more. But any single example is not evidence. It is an anecdote. I stand by what I said before.

57 minutes ago, Nunsuch said:

@Didacus, Canadians have religiously oriented public schools. Not only do US public schools not have a religious identity, but it is explicitly unconstitutional to promote ANY religious doctrine in a US public school. If parents want their children to attend a religious school, they send them to a non-public school for that, which is fine. But taxpayers are not to support schools that promote any religion.

As for the example you cite, I would have to know more. But any single example is not evidence. It is an anecdote. I stand by what I said before.

You are essentially endorsing my points.

If parents wants their children raised Christian, they will send them to Christian schools... so on and so forth.

In US public schools, they can teach about religions without promoting them.  I think they should teach what every major religion believes even if the school is secular.

And if you don't look into examples for yourself then you will absolutely never see the evidence.  You can bring a horse to water... 

heck, I even gave you a link....

Edited by Didacus

22 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

explicitly unconstitutional to promote ANY religious doctrine in a US public school.

at the same time Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise (of ANY religious doctrine); or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble

Therefore; any Federal and/or state funding of reproductive health care (abortion), and Taxpayer Funding of Gender Experimentation is also unconstitutional

Edited by little2add

little2add
On 4/27/2023 at 9:19 AM, Nunsuch said:

explicitly unconstitutional to promote ANY religious doctrine in a US public school.

Christianity teaches and they are two genders, and only two genders in the human race

I while it is true, that two genders is a Christian belief. It is also a scientific fact.  
Thus with respect to biological sex, one is either male or female. Individuals that have the two types of gonads, either occurring together or alternating, are called hermaphrodites.

Just because It is religious doctrine, it does not make it any less a scientific fact, and this line of thinking that it should not be taught in public schools is ridiculous.  

Where in the constitution does it say separation of scientific fact and state? ⚧️ 

Edited by little2add

Hna.Caridad

Actually, there is no firm Christian "belief" about gender.  Nor has science come to a full understanding, much less a consensus about gender.  You're operating out of assumptions that fewer and fewer people around the world hold (and a lot of people never carried those assumptions in the first place--plenty of cultures have always had room for more than two genders) and you're mad because your assumptions aren't being forced on others the way that you'd like them to be.  

If you're going to effectively evangelize whatever culture you find yourself in, you have to do it out of a place of love.  Using the sword (or the political state and its laws) aren't effective means of evangelization (and really, they never were, which I suspect is one of the reasons why so many people around the world who have family/generational histories of forced conversions are walking--if not running--away from Christianity).  Only when you appreciate and love a culture and the people in it will you be able to truly bring Christ into it. 

You may want to consider hanging out at local LGBTQ places and open your heart to learning from the people there rather than continuing your ineffective (and quite honestly, offensive) keyboard warriorship.  Far from converting people to the faith, you're pushing them further away--own your role.