An Old School Catholic Message Board

WOKE

little2add

The Truth that God created them male and female can't be revised, watered down, updated, or customized to fit current fashions. 

God does, in fact, love each and every one of us, meaning He wants what is best for us. And He knows what is best for us, which is expressed in the commandments, the Gospels, and the Church's teachings. And God wants us to live according to those teachings.

It isn't always easy. It never has been easy. Each person has to make a decision whether to live according to God's teachings - or at least try to. Not everyone will decide to try - they each have a free will. But the Church has to teach the Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth, so help us God. 

little2add
11 hours ago, Hna.Caridad said:

Actually, there is no firm Christian "belief" about gender. :think2:

Genesis 1:27. 27 

So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

BarbTherese

"So God created mankind in his own image,................   male and female he created them.."

How is male and female defined in Scripture?  i.e.  What makes a male, male and a female, female?

There are words in the quotation box which we have no idea at all how they are defined by The Holy Spirit in His Inspiring of Scripture. 

18 hours ago, Hna.Caridad said:

Actually, there is no firm Christian "belief" about gender.  Nor has science come to a full understanding, much less a consensus about gender.  You're operating out of assumptions that fewer and fewer people around the world hold (and a lot of people never carried those assumptions in the first place--plenty of cultures have always had room for more than two genders) and you're mad because your assumptions aren't being forced on others the way that you'd like them to be.  

If you're going to effectively evangelize whatever culture you find yourself in, you have to do it out of a place of love.  Using the sword (or the political state and its laws) aren't effective means of evangelization (and really, they never were, which I suspect is one of the reasons why so many people around the world who have family/generational histories of forced conversions are walking--if not running--away from Christianity).  Only when you appreciate and love a culture and the people in it will you be able to truly bring Christ into it. 

You may want to consider hanging out at local LGBTQ places and open your heart to learning from the people there rather than continuing your ineffective (and quite honestly, offensive) keyboard warriorship.  Far from converting people to the faith, you're pushing them further away--own your role.

No greater fool than the fools who fool themselves.

If you don't accept the Catholic doctrine, by all means, move on...  We will pray for you.

• 2 weeks later...
little2add

Canadian Crown Goes Woke, Cross Replaced by Snowflake

2023051826.jpg

Canada has swapped the cross for a snowflake.

The governor general's website explains that the crown's top, which usually consists of an orb and cross, features a stylized snowflake as a reference to Canada being a northern country. This snowflake symbol is associated with the Order of Canada's insignia, one of Canada's top honors.

Traditionally, Christian royalty has used the orb and cross together as a reminder of the dominion of Jesus Christ over the world. This symbol is part of the British monarchy's coronation regalia. During the coronation liturgy of the Church of England, the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby presented King Charles with a handheld orb and cross, saying, "Receive this orb, set under the cross, and remember always the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of Our Lord, and of his Christ." Some Christian iconography depicts Jesus Christ holding the orb and cross.

BarbTherese

To my mind, this is where evangelisation does not get The Gospel across in an important area i.e. that under Christ and His Cross we embrace all, which is the literal meaning of Catholic.  Universal or all-embracing.

We are ambiguous in our evangelizing. For example, we say that an eye for an eye is wrong and amended in the New Testament..........but that homosexual acts are an abomination is right in Old and New Testaments.  We do seem to claim authority over the Holy Spirit who inspired Scripture.

The problem is that things do not make any sense to the 'onlooker'.  Rather Catholicism does seem to make the Teachings of Jesus to conform to its' own image and likeness.

Answer to be explained in the first place: "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and remind you of all that I said to you."  (John Ch14)

We can trace our beginnings back to the times of Jesus and despite the many shocking scandals down through our history, we live on today.  Evidence of?  A.  Matthew Ch16

little2add
On 5/2/2023 at 4:50 AM, BarbTherese said:

How is male and female defined in Scripture?  i.e.  What makes a male, male and a female, female?

There are words in the quotation box which we have no idea at all how they are defined by The Holy Spirit in His Inspiring of Scripture. 

When a high percentage of children cannot read or do math at grade level, it is barbaric to spend hours of instruction on gender. Sudden onset gender dysphoria is a relatively new phenomenon that is almost certainly caused by teachers confusing small children about their sex and treating them as special if they say they want to transition.

On 5/12/2023 at 8:25 PM, little2add said:

Canadian Crown Goes Woke, Cross Replaced by Snowflake

2023051826.jpg

Canada has swapped the cross for a snowflake.

The governor general's website explains that the crown's top, which usually consists of an orb and cross, features a stylized snowflake as a reference to Canada being a northern country. This snowflake symbol is associated with the Order of Canada's insignia, one of Canada's top honors.

Traditionally, Christian royalty has used the orb and cross together as a reminder of the dominion of Jesus Christ over the world. This symbol is part of the British monarchy's coronation regalia. During the coronation liturgy of the Church of England, the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby presented King Charles with a handheld orb and cross, saying, "Receive this orb, set under the cross, and remember always the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of Our Lord, and of his Christ." Some Christian iconography depicts Jesus Christ holding the orb and cross.

Trudeau is an anti-christian biggot who is hard at work destroying Canada's history and heritage.  That's all you really need to know.

he changed the national anthem, he changed the crown, he changed the passports (removing Canadian military reference and Terry Fox) and no doubt more to come.  He and his cohorts really hate Canadian history... especially the Christian history.

Catholic churches are being attacked by the dozens throughout last year and this year, and nothing is being done to catch the criminals or protect them... he actually supported the attacks publicly!

Credo in Deum
On 5/2/2023 at 1:50 AM, BarbTherese said:

Is this a joke? Please tell me you’re joking!  The Holy Spirit doesn’t have to give divine revelation for things you can observe by your natural use of reason!   Men have a penis, women have a vagina.   That’s what it means when scripture says He made them male and female. 

On 5/1/2023 at 1:45 PM, Hna.Caridad said:

Actually, there is no firm Christian "belief" about gender.  Nor has science come to a full understanding, much less a consensus about gender.  You're operating out of assumptions that fewer and fewer people around the world hold (and a lot of people never carried those assumptions in the first place--plenty of cultures have always had room for more than two genders) and you're mad because your assumptions aren't being forced on others the way that you'd like them to be.  

If you're going to effectively evangelize whatever culture you find yourself in, you have to do it out of a place of love.  Using the sword (or the political state and its laws) aren't effective means of evangelization (and really, they never were, which I suspect is one of the reasons why so many people around the world who have family/generational histories of forced conversions are walking--if not running--away from Christianity).  Only when you appreciate and love a culture and the people in it will you be able to truly bring Christ into it. 

You may want to consider hanging out at local LGBTQ places and open your heart to learning from the people there rather than continuing your ineffective (and quite honestly, offensive) keyboard warriorship.  Far from converting people to the faith, you're pushing them further away--own your role.

This is more bull croutons. Gender and sex have always ALWAYS been synonymous with each other. It wasn’t until the 70s when all of this croutons started did people even start treating the two as if they’re different things. 

Therefor It makes sense that there would be no church teaching on the modern bastardized understanding of gender, BECAUSE IT WAS NEVER UNDERSTOOD AS BEING SEPARATE FROM SEX!

BarbTherese
4 hours ago, Credo in Deum said:

The Holy Spirit doesn’t have to give divine revelation for things you can observe by your natural use of reason!

Thank you for the comments, Credo.  I agree.......... and by natural use of reason, I can observe the painful confusion some endure over their sexuality.  " But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John Ch 14

4 hours ago, Credo in Deum said:

Men have a penis, women have a vagina.   That’s what it means when scripture says He made them male and female. 

This is what we presume He meant and it may be quite correct, but nowhere stated in Scripture.  Mine is a different hypothetical question.  I merely wonder as I search for the truth of the matter.  Is gender physical or perhaps psychological?

Meanwhile, I assent that The Church has Divine Authority to bind and loose on earth and I am called to hold to what She teaches.  I do, as I wonder - with an open mind.  After all, some are born with physical deformities and we work to correct the situation medically.   Therefore, is how we are born physically how we are called by God to be and to remain?  Is gender centered in the physical or is it centered in psychology, the psyche?

The Church has long had hangups about sexuality, to my mind.

Edited by BarbTherese

Credo in Deum
54 minutes ago, BarbTherese said:

Thank you for the comments, Credo.  I agree.......... and by natural use of reason, I can observe the painful confusion some endure over their sexuality.  " But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John Ch 14

This “confusion” has been groomed into them by a society that has abandoned divine revelation and is now rejecting natural reason.  Kind of like the person who thinks God needs to come down and make a divine decree about something you can see with your own two eyes and which is observable in nature. 

This is what we presume He meant and it may be quite correct, but nowhere stated in Scripture.  Mine is a different hypothetical question.  I merely wonder as I search for the truth of the matter.  Is gender physical or perhaps psychological?

No. There is no presumption. You’re presuming there is something, you’re in error. 

Meanwhile, I assent that The Church has Divine Authority to bind and loose on earth and I am called to hold to what She teaches.  I do, as I wonder - with an open mind.  

“Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.” —G.K. Chesterton

You’re skirting that line, Barbara.

After all, some are born with physical deformities and we work to correct the situation medically.   Therefore, is how we are born physically how we are called by God to be and to remain?  Is gender centered in the physical or is it centered in psychology, the psyche?

God allowing someone to be born with  a physical deformity is not saying God got something wrong. Furthermore, medically helping someone with a physical deformity have a better quality of life isn’t the same as mutilating a perfectly working body because you IMAGINE yourself to be something different than what physical reality clearly shows you to be! Your mind must conform with physical reality.  If someone imagines their perfectly working arms was deformed, when it’s not, would you support them chopping off their arm?  Did you hear about the woman who blinded herself because she always identified as a blind person?  Yeah. That happened thanks to “open minded” people.      

The Church has long had hangups about sexuality, to my mind.

Such as what? 

Edited by Credo in Deum

BarbTherese
2 hours ago, Credo in Deum said:

Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out

rotfl

Goodness!  Can we agree to differ on all points?  

quote-it-does-take-great-maturity-to-und

little2add
2 hours ago, BarbTherese said:

rotfl

Goodness!  Can we agree to differ on all points?  

quote-it-does-take-great-maturity-to-und

img-37.jpg