An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missing Old Phatmass Members

CS937

Do you any of miss old Phatmass members?? I used to frequent Phatmass, under a different username, back in 2011-2013 or so. Perhaps it is nostalgia for a simpler/better time, but I miss some of the people I used to talk to. I wish I would have maintained contact with some of the people I talked to. Do you any of you all ever feel that way or am I being too sentimental over online conversations? :) 

Nihil Obstat

Meh. I married one and have a bunch of PMer in-laws, so I get my fill. :|

Those if us who frequent Vocation Station wonder about the VSers who entered religious life....did they make vows, did they discern out?  Sometimes we find out, but mostly not.

22 hours ago, Monoxide said:

No one misses  me sir.

Wish I could say I do, but I'm not a fan of monoxide... 

3 hours ago, Pax17 said:

Those if us who frequent Vocation Station wonder about the VSers who entered religious life....did they make vows, did they discern out?  Sometimes we find out, but mostly not.

Yeah, I know what you mean. There are a few people I still wonder about, like MarysChild and Cartermia. It's been years since I've spoken to either of them, but I occasionally wonder how they are doing. 

• 2 weeks later...

WHO GOT BANNED!?!?

This is weird, but I often wonder about phatmassers who may have died, and we have no idea they are dead.

1 hour ago, dUSt said:

WHO GOT BANNED!?!?

This is weird, but I often wonder about phatmassers who may have died, and we have no idea they are dead.

Well, I mean. If they don't bother to post about even the most important events in their lives, how are we supposed to keep with 'em? Am I right, or what? 

Norseman82
On 5/19/2021 at 9:56 PM, dUSt said:

Just check to see who voted in Chicago.....

On 5/20/2021 at 12:26 PM, dUSt said:

WHO GOT BANNED!?!?

Didn't we have quite a while back something or other where we could post/PM (something or other) those whom we did not like and some got really upset - and just dropped out?  I can't really remember the details - lucky if I get the month right, let alone the day, these days.  Some regulars chose to drop out because if it and I know I lost a huge concern thanks to it.:( ... and should be ashamed instead of relieved.  Thin skinned - kid gloves necessary.

I think the whole process was a mistake in which I contributed.  

I don't think anyone has been actually banned, could be wrong.

E&OE

• 4 weeks later...
dominicansoul

I miss old phatmass, where we had a chat room that was happening every night, and the best pmers, Maximilianus, Navo and Vee8 would spend all hours of the night into early morn making me laugh my head off.  Not to mention Max’s art he would sketch using the flockdraw program dUst had in the chat room...

good ol days....

truthfinder
4 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I miss old phatmass, where we had a chat room that was happening every night, and the best pmers, Maximilianus, Navo and Vee8 would spend all hours of the night into early morn making me laugh my head off.  Not to mention Max’s art he would sketch using the flockdraw program dUst had in the chat room...

good ol days....

I remember some of these.  Especially with Nav and Vee (and you!)