Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

 

As of 01/06/23 the US has given $24.9 billion, Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announces the Biden Administration's commitment of $3.075 billion in additional security assistance for Ukraine. 
 

This saga is reminiscent of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria,let us pray that history doesn’t repeat itself 

 

Posted

I also read that Biden is sending over long-range missiles.  

Russia is the only country that seems to have any interest at all in averting a world war.  Whether Putin had just reasons or not for starting the war in Ukraine, he has had soo many opportunities now to escalate and strike back against other countries, and he has not - yet.  

If we keep poking the bear, eventually that bear is going to lash out.

Posted
49 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

Russia is the only country that seems to have any interest at all in averting a world war.  Whether Putin had just reasons or not for starting the war in Ukraine, he has had soo many opportunities now to escalate and strike back against other countries, and he has not - yet.  

The war crimes though, bit of a bummer. What a shame, nobody thought to just ask nicely for them to cut it out.

Next time I see one of the dozens of kids I have personally met here in Canada, with their homes destroyed and fathers and uncles back in Ukraine fighting or killed, I will remind them "thank goodness Russia has not escalated!"

Posted (edited)

Omnes enim, qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt.

-in other words-

"Put your sword back in its place, for all who draw the sword will die by the sword". 

Edited by little2add
Posted

Put your abrams tank back in its place, for all who draw the abrams tank will die by the abrams tank". 

Posted
On 2/1/2023 at 9:46 AM, Nihil Obstat said:

The war crimes though, bit of a bummer. What a shame, nobody thought to just ask nicely for them to cut it out.

Next time I see one of the dozens of kids I have personally met here in Canada, with their homes destroyed and fathers and uncles back in Ukraine fighting or killed, I will remind them "thank goodness Russia has not escalated!"

My heart goes out to Ukrainians who truly have suffered as a result of this.  It really does.

But Ukraine has not been innocent in all this.  It is not all Russia.  I do believe that Canada is less complicit than the US, so there's that.

Posted

There were these 2 lobsters in a tank.

One turns to the other and says, "you even know how to drive this thing?"

 

 

KnightofChrist
Posted
On 2/1/2023 at 11:46 AM, Nihil Obstat said:

The war crimes though, bit of a bummer. What a shame, nobody thought to just ask nicely for them to cut it out.

Next time I see one of the dozens of kids I have personally met here in Canada, with their homes destroyed and fathers and uncles back in Ukraine fighting or killed, I will remind them "thank goodness Russia has not escalated!"

Yes, Russia has escalated the war in Ukraine. But the United States has done it's fair share, if not a leading cause of it beginning. The 2012 overthrow of the then Ukrainian government was lead by the US. In 2016 Senators Lindsay Graham and John McCain visited Ukraine promising an offensive proxy war with Russia. The US has repeatedly rejected the idea of Ukraine as a neutral non-NATO nation. Just a few days ago the former prime minister of Israel recently came out and said the US basically forced Ukraine to reject a peace deal with Russia. Numerous other sources have also said the same. 

There has been nothing but escalation from the US. This doesn't make the Russians the good guys, they are not good. But I don't want the world to burn in a flood of nuclear fire. Which is what all this is leading up to. Ukraine is a must win for all sides. Strength through force. Each side wants to punk the other side down. Honestly, I don't see how this doesn't grow outside of Ukraine and Russia. NATO / US sending tanks and jets next are acts of war making it a target. 

Posted

Not to mention the fact that it's known now that the US blew up the Nordstream 2 pipeline.  When did that come out?  When there was hysteria around spy balloons, instead.  No one took notice, which clearly seems to have been the goal.  The MSM is not going to report this to the American people.

The US is seeking WWIII.

Posted

If Russia attacks Canada, I will fight on the side of the Russians.

 

Posted

 

phony.jpg

phony-baloney

pho·ny-ba·lo·ney ˈfō-nē-bə-ˈlō-nē 

  • 4 weeks later...
Nihil Obstat
Posted
On 2/16/2023 at 12:39 PM, Didacus said:

If Russia attacks Canada, I will fight on the side of the Russians.

 

This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste.

May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children.

Posted

Of my living memory, the world has never been closer to WWIII as we are this moment.

Furthermore, it would seem hard set on the path of WW-III; usually something has to happen to set off a war, at this point it feels as though we need something to happen to prevent it. 

China is the main player outside of Europe and the USA.  The main weakness of the Western world is there is no longer a will to fight (nothing like there was 60+ years ago to say the least).  If WW-III happens, I dare say NATO would lose.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste.

May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children.

Not a joke.

There is nothing worth defending anymore in Europe or North America, especially in Canada.  I currently have more in common with Russia, who at least recognize traditional family and Christian values, than anything splurged out of anything labelled 'Canadien'.  I would hail the Russians (or the Chinese, whichever comes first) as genuine liberators.

LET THE WESTERN TOWERS FALLS!  

Edited by Didacus
Posted
8 hours ago, Didacus said:

I would hail the Russians (or the Chinese, whichever comes first) as genuine liberators.

Both Communism and Marxism are intrinsically evil in nature, and in action.   They deserve no praise or respect.

Posted
34 minutes ago, little2add said:

Both Communism and Marxism are intrinsically evil in nature, and in action.   They deserve no praise or respect.

Being forced by law to accept men as women and vice versa is mucb better?

A benevolant tyrant is better than a malevolant democracy, which is what we have in Canada at best.

fides' Jack
Posted

I stand mainly with Didacus in his sentiments on this issue.  We're already Communist in the US.  Canada is even further gone.  Interestingly, the very things that good people would describe as "insane" in the Western world are things that Russia went through decades ago, realized they were bad, and then moved away from.  And, unsurprisingly, these same things are the very things that Russia already said they would do to influence the West, also decades ago, in order to tear down Western civilization.  This chaos was all planned.

So is Russia innocent here?  No, of course not.  But morally speaking, they have the high ground over countries like Canada and the US for those things that offend God most.  There are very few, if any, countries in the world now that do not offend God with those sins that cry to Heaven for vengeance.

If Russia attacked Canada, I would start moving to a bunker, because the US is soon to follow.  

Lastly, though Russia is not the good guy right now, it's good to remember there are several prophecies that say that God's deliverance from the "sins of Russia" (Communism) would also come through Russia.

Posted
20 hours ago, Didacus said:

I would hail the Russians (or the Chinese, whichever comes first)

 

 

 

Posted

I do not seek eternal life in this  realm... but I get that one must choose wisely.

I would by fat prefer the Russians over the Chinese.

But I would also prefer Chinese governanve over the perceived democracy of Canada.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...