little2add Posted May 29, 2023 Posted May 29, 2023 (edited) 5 hours ago, fides' Jack said: We have no way to verify the authenticity of either proposal. 5 hours ago, fides' Jack said: We have no way to verify the authenticity of this. 5 hours ago, fides' Jack said: US does have boots on the ground in Ukraine. We have no way to verify the authenticity of this. 5 hours ago, fides' Jack said: We have no way to verify this, either. 5 hours ago, fides' Jack said: I certainly do not trust our LGBT+/BLM/Race-obsessed/Murder-obsessed government and mass-media to tell us the truth about anything anymore. Funny that you think that "Health Impact News" is legitimate , Edited May 29, 2023 by little2add
little2add Posted May 29, 2023 Posted May 29, 2023 On 2/2/2023 at 8:53 PM, little2add said: Put your abrams tank back in its place, for all who draw the abrams tank will die by the abrams tank".
fides' Jack Posted May 30, 2023 Author Posted May 30, 2023 4 hours ago, little2add said: Funny that you think that "Health Impact News" is legitimate On 5/28/2023 at 3:09 PM, fides' Jack said: That doesn't mean they're wrong. A broken clock is right twice each day. Clearly I don't think everything they put out is legitimate. As I implied, other than spiritual authority, I base my claims of legitimacy on what's being said, not who's saying it. That was my whole point. As we have seen in recent years, even though 99% of the world might be telling you one thing, it doesn't make it true. I still sometimes see people jogging alone, outside, with face masks on, all thanks to the unjustified and unscientific hysteria 3 years ago... There are still people today who claim that we "followed the science" by closing everything down, despite all the evidence now to the contrary. On 5/27/2023 at 5:29 AM, BarbTherese said: the above would have to be the sickest and most revolting bit of false news I have ever read. How do you know?
Nihil Obstat Posted May 30, 2023 Posted May 30, 2023 Fun game. We call it "doing research" and "following the evidence" when it supports our pet theories, and when it directly contradicts them, "we have no way of verifying this." Unfalsifiable theories means I can never be wrong! If only. If only. Jack, my brother, if you do indeed touch grass occasionally in your life, if you ever do emerge from your insane little echo chamber, there is no doubt in my mind that your paranoia and conspiracy peddling turns away countless more people from the faith than you could ever in your life hope to attract. I dearly hope that someday you have an opportunity to atone for the damage you no doubt cause. Lord have mercy on us. God help you.
BarbTherese Posted May 30, 2023 Posted May 30, 2023 8 hours ago, fides' Jack said: How do you know? Same way as you do.
fides' Jack Posted May 30, 2023 Author Posted May 30, 2023 4 hours ago, BarbTherese said: Same way as you do. Honestly, Ms. Therese, I think it's far more likely to be real than not. If I'm wrong, I will gladly admit it, and I'll actually be somewhat relieved. So again, you seem very sure it's false. How are you so sure?
fides' Jack Posted May 30, 2023 Author Posted May 30, 2023 (edited) 12 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said: your paranoia and conspiracy peddling turns away countless more people from the faith than you could ever in your life hope to attract. I would certainly hope that's not the case. Can you explain why or how that would be? If these conspiracy theories turn out to be true, would that make a difference to this supposed "turning people away from the faith"? I seriously doubt that I have turned anyone away from the faith. At least here... Those I have argued with the most, people like @little2add, who seems very politically conservative, or @BarbTherese or @Nunsuch, seem like they have pretty strong faith-lives that wouldn't be swayed by one person, especially if they deemed that person to be a nut. Nihil, I'm not paranoid. I'm not even terribly concerned about the direction things are going. My view, which to the majority of the world might seem like the most pessimistic and negative view out there (it's not - it's actually the most hopeful and positive), doesn't really scare me. I trust in God. My biggest concern is that people who don't see the truth now also won't see it when their very souls depend on it. I still believe that will be within a decade. Well, I would very much like to hear your answer to my question above, but you won't have to read my nonsense much longer. I'm not going to open a facebook or discord account to continue this, so when dUSt shuts it down, I'll be done. Perhaps I could have spoken up more while this forum was up. Perhaps I spoke up more than I should have. I don't know... That being said, I love everyone here, and I sincerely hope that people can start to wake up and see what's actually going on, before they lose their souls eternally. Edited May 30, 2023 by fides' Jack
fides' Jack Posted May 30, 2023 Author Posted May 30, 2023 13 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said: Fun game. We call it "doing research" and "following the evidence" when it supports our pet theories, and when it directly contradicts them, "we have no way of verifying this." Unfalsifiable theories means I can never be wrong! Just thinking about this some more. This statement seems unfair. There's very little that I've argued about on PM that I've claimed to have done a lot of research on. In fact, in most cases the only research one can do is just an exercise in government trust. On issues purported to be "science" issues, I do think people should hear and discuss all available viewpoints. Actually, I think true science would demand it. I certainly didn't suggest that me posting an article by "Health Impact News" implied any amount of scientific rigor. Moreover, I've accepted corrections when it was shown that I was wrong. A very recent example would be a video I posted of an EU parliament member from Croatia saying something. I made the statement that Croatia itself was taking that stance, and someone corrected me on that, and rightly so. The real problem with unfalsifiable theories is that I can never prove myself right, either. Yet, I'm positive that if you and I sat down to a cup of coffee (or tea if that's your preference), I could convince you that my position on a lot of this is the more reasonable one. In fact, I'm positive that in 5 minutes I could convince you the possibility of it is far more reasonable than most people are willing to admit. This is because the basis of my beliefs, even in matters you call conspiracy theories, is Public Revelation.
BarbTherese Posted May 31, 2023 Posted May 31, 2023 (edited) On 5/30/2023 at 11:17 AM, fides' Jack said: On 5/27/2023 at 8:59 PM, BarbTherese said: the above would have to be the sickest and most revolting bit of false news I have ever read. How do you know? I know the sickest most revolting bit of probably false information I have ever read the same way as you know. Better? Edited May 31, 2023 by BarbTherese
fides' Jack Posted May 31, 2023 Author Posted May 31, 2023 10 hours ago, BarbTherese said: I know the sickest most revolting bit of probably false information I have ever read the same way as you know. Better? Better that you added "probably"? That wasn't my point. I honestly wanted to know how you were so sure. Honestly, you seem to be more sure that it's false than I am that it's true. I hope and pray you're right. I asked in charity and in an honest search for truth. I didn't mean anything negative by it. If you don't want to answer, that's fine, but please don't presume to know my beliefs, thoughts, or intentions, unless I state them.
little2add Posted June 29, 2023 Posted June 29, 2023 A view of the Leopard 2 tanks during live fire training and exercise for Ukrainian soldiers by German army Bundeswehr Switzerland again refused to transfer arms to Ukraine on Wednesday, this time rejecting the export of almost 100 Leopard 1 tanks belonging to state arms company RUAG. Despite pressure from Kyiv and its allies, Switzerland has so far not allowed countries that hold Swiss-made weaponry to re-export it to Ukraine. eye for an eye, good move on Switzerland's part
KnightofChrist Posted July 3, 2023 Posted July 3, 2023 On 3/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, Nihil Obstat said: This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste. May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children. I would never side with the Russians but what other than family, friends, the men in the fox hole with us is there to fight for the West? Abortion, Sodomy, Euthanasia, Sexual mutilation, Drugs, and all sorts of other Modern Western ideals are all things that I would not fight for, but our current civilization is being built on. On 3/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, Nihil Obstat said: This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste. May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children. I would never side with the Russians but what other than family, friends, the men in the fox hole with us is there to fight for the West? Abortion, Sodomy, Euthanasia, Sexual mutilation, Drugs, and all sorts of other Modern Western ideals are all things that I would not fight for, but our current civilization is being built on. On 3/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, Nihil Obstat said: This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste. May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children. I would never side with the Russians but what other than family, friends, the men in the fox hole with us is there to fight for the West? Abortion, Sodomy, Euthanasia, Sexual mutilation, Drugs, and all sorts of other Modern Western ideals are all things that I would not fight for, but our current civilization is being built on. On 3/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, Nihil Obstat said: This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste. May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children. I would never side with the Russians but what other than family, friends, the men in the fox hole with us is there to fight for the West? Abortion, Sodomy, Euthanasia, Sexual mutilation, Drugs, and all sorts of other Modern Western ideals are all things that I would not fight for, but our current civilization is being built on. On 3/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, Nihil Obstat said: This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste. May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children. I would never side with the Russians but what other than family, friends, the men in the fox hole with us is there to fight for the West? Abortion, Sodomy, Euthanasia, Sexual mutilation, Drugs, and all sorts of other Modern Western ideals are all things that I would not fight for, but our current civilization is being built on. On 3/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, Nihil Obstat said: This is, frankly, an appalling and horrifying thing to say, on so many levels. This has unfortunately been on my mind since you said it, and I have not thought of a response that can appropriately convey the depth of my disgust and contempt. I can only hope it was a joke in incredibly poor taste. May the Blessed Mother have mercy on us, her poor banished children. I would never side with the Russians but what other than family, friends, the men in the fox hole with us is there to fight for the West? Abortion, Sodomy, Euthanasia, Sexual mutilation, Drugs, and all sorts of other Modern Western ideals are all things that I would not fight for, but our current civilization is being built on.
little2add Posted July 3, 2023 Posted July 3, 2023 4 hours ago, KnightofChrist said: I would never side with the Russians but what other than family, friends, the men in the fox hole with us is there to fight for the West? Abortion, Sodomy, Euthanasia, Sexual mutilation, Drugs, and all sorts of other Modern Western ideals are all things that I would not fight for, but our current civilization is being built on. like
Didacus Posted July 10, 2023 Posted July 10, 2023 On 7/3/2023 at 4:43 AM, little2add said: like I second the notion. Why do you think recruitement is dropping? I for one would not sign up to defend Canada anymore. The best thing that could happen is for the 'social experiements' to end.
little2add Posted July 10, 2023 Posted July 10, 2023 The US has announced it is complying with a Ukrainian request to supply it with controversial cluster munitions. Cluster munitions are banned by more than 100 countries, including the UK, Canada, New Zealand and Spain. Human rights groups have described cluster munitions as "abhorrent" and even a war crime.
Norseman82 Posted July 10, 2023 Posted July 10, 2023 Phatmass: Come for the tacos, stay for the conspiracy theories.
KnightofChrist Posted July 11, 2023 Posted July 11, 2023 19 minutes ago, Norseman82 said: Phatmass: Come for the tacos, stay for the conspiracy theories. It can be entertaining and seem to get eyeballs to PM. Sadly, the US sending cluster munitions to Ukraine isn't a conspiracy theory. Sadder still, if Biden is to be believed, the reason is due to Ukraine depleting it's conventional ammunition stockpiles. The Biden administration promises that the cluster ammunition will not be used against civilian targets. But how many times has that promise been broken and never intended to be kept? Still, without significant air power it is unlikely Ukraine really has a chance even with this ammunition. The counter-offensive has failed yet we don't even try to seek peace. At what point does the United States/NATO enter the war "directly"? That is officially direct AND unofficially but actually direct? The support from US/NATO is not just round after round of packages racking up billions of dollars and weapons of war, but intelligence and planning as well. At what point does Russia believe the US/NATO is directly involved? What happens then? Since the beginning of this war there has been only escalation, slow but steady escalation and down a road of direct conflict between US/NATO and Russia/China. We should all be praying most fervently.
KnightofChrist Posted July 11, 2023 Posted July 11, 2023 Escalation continues: France will send Scalp Long-range Cruise Missiles to Ukraine. On condition they only be used within the internationally recognized boarders of Ukraine. It's doubtful that condition will be kept as what long range capabilities Ukraine had previously were used to attack Moscow.
fides' Jack Posted July 11, 2023 Author Posted July 11, 2023 16 hours ago, KnightofChrist said: It can be entertaining and seem to get eyeballs to PM. Sadly, the US sending cluster munitions to Ukraine isn't a conspiracy theory. Sadder still, if Biden is to be believed, the reason is due to Ukraine depleting it's conventional ammunition stockpiles. The Biden administration promises that the cluster ammunition will not be used against civilian targets. But how many times has that promise been broken and never intended to be kept? Still, without significant air power it is unlikely Ukraine really has a chance even with this ammunition. The counter-offensive has failed yet we don't even try to seek peace. At what point does the United States/NATO enter the war "directly"? That is officially direct AND unofficially but actually direct? The support from US/NATO is not just round after round of packages racking up billions of dollars and weapons of war, but intelligence and planning as well. At what point does Russia believe the US/NATO is directly involved? What happens then? Since the beginning of this war there has been only escalation, slow but steady escalation and down a road of direct conflict between US/NATO and Russia/China. We should all be praying most fervently. like The end goal is war. It's pretty clear that's what they're after. 17 hours ago, Norseman82 said: Phatmass: Come for the tacos, stay for the conspiracy theories. Latest poll shows experts are concerned that by 2025 there won't be any more conspiracy theories if they keep coming true at the current rate... What's really sad though is that people are so used to just dismissing anything that they won't even look it up. The truth about the cluster munitions was a public announcement. Time to wake up.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now