Nunsuch Posted March 16, 2023 Posted March 16, 2023 21 hours ago, fides' Jack said: I stand mainly with Didacus in his sentiments on this issue. We're already Communist in the US. Canada is even further gone. You clearly do not understand what communism is. And that is my final word here. There is no point in trying to reason with someone who says something as obviously incorrect as this.
Norseman82 Posted March 16, 2023 Posted March 16, 2023 On 2/14/2023 at 10:06 AM, fides' Jack said: Not to mention the fact that it's known now that the US blew up the Nordstream 2 pipeline. When did that come out? When there was hysteria around spy balloons, instead. No one took notice, which clearly seems to have been the goal. The MSM is not going to report this to the American people. Let me guess - Fauci did it, while JFK and Elvis stood as lookouts? https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AA?p=AA&.tsrc=fin-srch On 2/1/2023 at 9:52 AM, fides' Jack said: I also read that Biden is sending over long-range missiles. Russia is the only country that seems to have any interest at all in averting a world war. Whether Putin had just reasons or not for starting the war in Ukraine, he has had soo many opportunities now to escalate and strike back against other countries, and he has not - yet. If we keep poking the bear, eventually that bear is going to lash out. Yeah, and it was Poland that started WW2 and poked the Nazi eagle / wolf, whereas Hitler was the guy who wanted peace.....
fides' Jack Posted March 18, 2023 Author Posted March 18, 2023 On 3/16/2023 at 4:06 PM, Norseman82 said: Let me guess - Fauci did it, while JFK and Elvis stood as lookouts? https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AA?p=AA&.tsrc=fin-srch Yeah, and it was Poland that started WW2 and poked the Nazi eagle / wolf, whereas Hitler was the guy who wanted peace..... Do you honestly believe the US is completely innocent regarding Ukraine? Even Pope Francis has made comments implying that's not the case. If you read my comments, I'm not saying Russia is innocent, either. I'm just saying there have been many times they could have escalated, and they didn't. I'm not naive; I believe entirely that they will escalate at some point to the detriment of the whole world... On 3/16/2023 at 12:29 PM, Nunsuch said: You clearly do not understand what communism is. And that is my final word here. There is no point in trying to reason with someone who says something as obviously incorrect as this. We are Communist behind the scenes. We only have the illusion of freedom here. We no longer have real elections. We are very quickly losing personal rights and private property. Even the freedom of speech is up for grabs now, since we have crossed the line of compulsory speech, following Canada's lead. I'm just waiting for the rights we still have to a degree to be removed completely. I'm wondering why it hasn't happened yet. But I know it will happen, in God's time, and when He deems it necessary. Still there is hope, and even Divine Assurance that just when things are at their worst, and when it appears that the Church is all but dead, a great chastisement will wipe out those who are in power in the world now, and the world will be made right and good and once again pleasing to the King of Kings.
KnightofChrist Posted March 18, 2023 Posted March 18, 2023 On 3/16/2023 at 6:06 PM, Norseman82 said: Let me guess - Fauci did it, while JFK and Elvis stood as lookouts? President Biden as well as others in his administration promised that if Russia invaded Ukraine that they would bring an end to the pipeline one way or another. No wild conspiracies required, the Biden Administration promised to end the pipeline and it was put to an end. https://youtu.be/OS4O8rGRLf8 https://youtube.com/shorts/iQ5oElhXtNs?feature=share What do you think of the report that blames the US for the attack by Seymour Hersh? Seymour Hersh is investigative reporter known for exposing the My Lai massacre. https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream
Norseman82 Posted March 18, 2023 Posted March 18, 2023 51 minutes ago, fides' Jack said: If you read my comments, I'm not saying Russia is innocent, either. I'm just saying there have been many times they could have escalated, and they didn't That's like saying that the domestic abuser had a chance to break his victims' jaw but didn't, he chose many times not to escalate and just gave her a black eye and multiple bruises. On 2/1/2023 at 9:52 AM, fides' Jack said: Russia is the only country that seems to have any interest at all in averting a world war. If they were sincere about averting a world war, they would never have attacked Ukraine in the first place.
Norseman82 Posted March 18, 2023 Posted March 18, 2023 (edited) 1 hour ago, KnightofChrist said: What do you think of the report that blames the US for the attack by Seymour Hersh? Seymour Hersh is investigative reporter known for exposing the My Lai massacre. https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream It refers to one "anonymous source": https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/02/10/hersh-nord-stream-sabotage More corrobation would be needed. Edited March 18, 2023 by Norseman82
KnightofChrist Posted March 18, 2023 Posted March 18, 2023 11 minutes ago, Norseman82 said: It refers to one "anonymous source": https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/02/10/hersh-nord-stream-sabotage More corrobation would be needed. And Biden and Nuland's promises to end the pipeline, what do you think about that? 43 minutes ago, Norseman82 said: That's like saying that the domestic abuser had a chance to break his victims' jaw but didn't, he chose many times not to escalate and just gave her a black eye and multiple bruises. If they were sincere about averting a world war, they would never have attacked Ukraine in the first place. What are your thoughts on the heavy influence by the US in the 2014 Ukrainian revolution, which overthrew the then government and led to the outbreak of the war? I can only imagine how the US would respond if Russia helped to overthrow the Mexican government, and the new Pro-Russian government received arms and war machines.
little2add Posted March 18, 2023 Posted March 18, 2023 3 hours ago, KnightofChrist said: I can only imagine how the US would respond if Russia helped to overthrow like the "bay of pigs"? Guantánamo Bay Naval Base (Cuba) remains to this day
Nunsuch Posted March 21, 2023 Posted March 21, 2023 On 3/18/2023 at 5:05 AM, little2add said: like the "bay of pigs"? Guantánamo Bay Naval Base (Cuba) remains to this day You do realize that the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile crisis were 18 months apart and two entirely different events...?
fides' Jack Posted March 21, 2023 Author Posted March 21, 2023 On 3/17/2023 at 11:09 PM, Norseman82 said: It refers to one "anonymous source": https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/02/10/hersh-nord-stream-sabotage More corrobation would be needed. Sorry, snopes is no longer credible as a check as to what is fact or fiction. On 3/17/2023 at 10:41 PM, Norseman82 said: If they were sincere about averting a world war, they would never have attacked Ukraine in the first place. That statement is ignorant about the history of Ukraine and its relationship to Russia, and also ignorant of the crimes that Ukraine has been guilty of (while in bed with the US). Even so - I'm not saying Russia was right to attack them. I'm just saying I don't know enough about the situation to support either side of this. It seems to me every side is wrong.
Nunsuch Posted March 21, 2023 Posted March 21, 2023 2 hours ago, fides' Jack said: Sorry, snopes is no longer credible as a check as to what is fact or fiction. That statement is ignorant about the history of Ukraine and its relationship to Russia, and also ignorant of the crimes that Ukraine has been guilty of (while in bed with the US). Even so - I'm not saying Russia was right to attack them. I'm just saying I don't know enough about the situation to support either side of this. It seems to me every side is wrong. So you "don't know enough about the situation to support either side," but you still make categorical and absolute statements? Why am I not surprised--or surprised about what you say regarding Snopes? I should have known better than to try to engage rationally.
little2add Posted March 22, 2023 Posted March 22, 2023 You do realize that two and a half years after the Bay of Pigs , JFK was he shot in the head in a parade in Dallas And then there’s the whole Vietnam thing
KnightofChrist Posted March 22, 2023 Posted March 22, 2023 Snopes does lean Left politically, according to All sides. "June 2021 Independent Review: Snopes Moved to Lean Left AllSides moved Snopes' rating to Lean Left following a June 2021 independent review by AllSides editors on the left, center and right. It was previously rated Center. We reviewed the numerous instances of Snopes' left-wing bias that we found during our June 2020 Editorial Review, such as slant. We also noted a number of times that Snopes had recently interpreted things in favor of the left, including when it "fact checked" a subjective opinion on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), when it defended Gov. Andrew Cuomo by saying an accurate tweet about him was "Mostly False," and when it "fact-checked" satire from humor website The Babylon Bee (an entry Snopes then had to edit following criticism). AllSides noted that Snopes' story choice is generally favorable to the left, and it lacks fact checks on subjects that speak to a conservative or more right-wing audience. Its collections page also showed left bias, with the first page still predominantly highlighting Trump. At the time, AllSides also noted that RealClearPolitics' Fact Check Review found that 89% of Snopes articles from January 27, 2021 to June 26, 2021 used at least one media source as verification for its claims, rather than using original sources. The percentage "captures how many claims by [the] fact checker relied at least in part on media reporting as “truth” for its verification task," RCP writes. "When fact checkers rely on media for verification, this creates a cycle in which media cite fact checkers which in turn cite media. Ideally, fact checking should involve primary source verification, rather than relying on secondary news reporting as verification." " Source: https://www.allsides.com/news-source/snopes
fides' Jack Posted March 24, 2023 Author Posted March 24, 2023 On 3/21/2023 at 5:44 PM, Nunsuch said: So you "don't know enough about the situation to support either side," but you still make categorical and absolute statements? Why am I not surprised--or surprised about what you say regarding Snopes? I should have known better than to try to engage rationally. Correct, I don't know enough to support either side. I do know enough to know that Russia's actions can't be summarily regarded as wrong, and I also know enough to know that the US is likely just as guilty as Russia is. On 3/16/2023 at 12:29 PM, Nunsuch said: And that is my final word here. There is no point in trying to reason with someone who says something as obviously incorrect as this. So I guess that wasn't your final word then. You had to come back and insult me some more. Look, I get it. You don't like me. And rather than engage with opposing viewpoints, you'd rather attack me personally and say, repeatedly, that you're not going to engage in the conversation with me. You consider me ignorant and irrational. You've made that clear over and over again. Honestly, I think if you'd try to get to know me you'd find there are things about me that you like, and maybe you'd even start to at least understand my perspective on things, and why I'm so passionate about what I believe, even if you don't agree with me. In my last statement, I didn't say, "I don't know much at all about what's going on over in Russia." I said I don't know enough to pick one side over the other. But I also implied that neither does anyone else here, or at least that was the intended implication. People who are pro-Ukraine and anti-Russia in this whole mess are only parroting the media-led public opinion.
Nunsuch Posted March 24, 2023 Posted March 24, 2023 9 minutes ago, fides' Jack said: Correct, I don't know enough to support either side. I do know enough to know that Russia's actions can't be summarily regarded as wrong, and I also know enough to know that the US is likely just as guilty as Russia is. So I guess that wasn't your final word then. You had to come back and insult me some more. Look, I get it. You don't like me. And rather than engage with opposing viewpoints, you'd rather attack me personally and say, repeatedly, that you're not going to engage in the conversation with me. You consider me ignorant and irrational. You've made that clear over and over again. Honestly, I think if you'd try to get to know me you'd find there are things about me that you like, and maybe you'd even start to at least understand my perspective on things, and why I'm so passionate about what I believe, even if you don't agree with me. In my last statement, I didn't say, "I don't know much at all about what's going on over in Russia." I said I don't know enough to pick one side over the other. But I also implied that neither does anyone else here, or at least that was the intended implication. People who are pro-Ukraine and anti-Russia in this whole mess are only parroting the media-led public opinion. I don't consider you ignorant--I don't even know you. But I do consider you as someone who tends to prooftext sources, accepting the validity of those which reinforce your preconceptions and dismissing those which challenge them. On the other hand, why there are people on this board who do know a fair amount about what they comment on. The fact that you dismiss their expertise--or even the possibility that they *have* expertise--makes it difficult to take you seriously. To put it another way: I have taught at the university level literally for decades. If you submitted work to me or my colleagues that took this approach to evidence, you would not be happy with the outcomes.
Didacus Posted March 24, 2023 Posted March 24, 2023 I forget what this thread was originally about... something about tanks... right?
KnightofChrist Posted March 24, 2023 Posted March 24, 2023 2 hours ago, Didacus said: I forget what this thread was originally about... something about tanks... right? Maybe, but now it's about how Professor Nunsuch will be helping Jack get his doctorate in Proper Internet Discussion and Discord. The first 14 years will consist of two gruelling 14 hour lectures each day listing all the many ways she can't take him seriously.
Didacus Posted March 27, 2023 Posted March 27, 2023 On 3/24/2023 at 4:51 PM, KnightofChrist said: Maybe, but now it's about how Professor Nunsuch will be helping Jack get his doctorate in Proper Internet Discussion and Discord. The first 14 years will consist of two gruelling 14 hour lectures each day listing all the many ways she can't take him seriously. Good luck Jack! Remember - persistence has its rewards!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now