An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestant Websites

Guest JeffCR07

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Sep 13 2004, 11:59 PM'] hehe, i just joined the Switchfoot message board. have i lost my mind? :blink: [/quote]
hmmm . . . dunno phat, but if it comes down to it, i'll prolly enter the phray . . . I've never been to their message boards, but i *do* like switchfoot . . . :)

still, i'm very disappointed to hear that their boards are so anti-Catholic!

Peace,
Joe :)

Since you're sending 'missionaries' to Protestant websites, I figure it's only fair to call some of my friends and countrymen to invade Popedom with the Truth of the Gospel.

Prepare to be boarded.

[quote name='ICTHUS' date='Sep 16 2004, 09:18 PM'] Since you're sending 'missionaries' to Protestant websites, I figure it's only fair to call some of my friends and countrymen to invade Popedom with the Truth of the Gospel.

Prepare to be boarded. [/quote]
yeah! down with popedom! :o :P

<_<

by the way, send me an email at vogelz@gmail.com icthus

Edited by Circle_Master

[quote name='ICTHUS' date='Sep 16 2004, 08:18 PM'] Since you're sending 'missionaries' to Protestant websites, I figure it's only fair to call some of my friends and countrymen to invade Popedom with the Truth of the Gospel.

Prepare to be boarded. [/quote]
ROFL

[url="http://ogpro.proboards21.com/"]http://ogpro.proboards21.com/[/url]
They sometimes mention Catholicism and, on a recent thread, some are taking Jack Chick too seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
noncatholicname

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Jul 22 2004, 04:38 PM'] [b]NOTE:[/b] if you are currently debating catholicism somewhere else on the web, please go to the link i provided in my previous post and add that site to the list so that we can join you in your cause.

thanks,
phatcatholic [/quote]
Why? The people I've seen debating on other websites are notoriously bad at it, they wind up making the catholic religion look bad.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='noncatholicname' date='Oct 4 2004, 02:01 AM'] Why? The people I've seen debating on other websites are notoriously bad at it, they wind up making the catholic religion look bad. [/quote]
Phatmassers are experts, lol. This is practically the top apologetics website on the web.

I remember being an ignorant morally-liberal nominal Catholic and rejecting orthodoxy. I took offense at everything that was being said, regardless of whether it was meant to be offensive or not. Then I looked past the flaws of the people making the arguments and focused on the arguments themselves. They were so true, perfect, and flawless. They all fit together. Since my return to orthodoxy, I grow daily in appreciation of the Catholic faith. Don't let the apologists convince you, let the apologetics convince you.

"He who has ears ought to hear..."

noncatholicname

[quote name='Raphael' date='Oct 4 2004, 01:07 AM'] Phatmassers are experts, lol. This is practically the top apologetics website on the web.

I remember being an ignorant morally-liberal nominal Catholic and rejecting orthodoxy. I took offense at everything that was being said, regardless of whether it was meant to be offensive or not. Then I looked past the flaws of the people making the arguments and focused on the arguments themselves. They were so true, perfect, and flawless. They all fit together. Since my return to orthodoxy, I grow daily in appreciation of the Catholic faith. Don't let the apologists convince you, let the apologetics convince you.

"He who has ears ought to hear..." [/quote]
Still doesn't answer my question. Why is so secretive? I go to this so called list of websites and it says I don't have permission to view the thread. No one's allowed to know where you guys are supposedly "debating"?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='noncatholicname' date='Oct 4 2004, 12:43 PM'] Still doesn't answer my question. Why is so secretive? I go to this so called list of websites and it says I don't have permission to view the thread. No one's allowed to know where you guys are supposedly "debating"? [/quote]
Oh, you mean the Crusade. I'm not allowed either. It's not for reasons of secrecy, it's just so that people won't go into that phorum and start debating, since that phorum is meant for the Crusaders to be able to discuss apologetics amongst themselves without outsiders coming in and interrupting their efforts.

I'm not allowed in there (although I have been helping with the crusade from behind the scenes), and I don't mind.

noncatholicname

[quote name='Raphael' date='Oct 4 2004, 04:47 PM'] Oh, you mean the Crusade. I'm not allowed either. It's not for reasons of secrecy, it's just so that people won't go into that phorum and start debating, since that phorum is meant for the Crusaders to be able to discuss apologetics amongst themselves without outsiders coming in and interrupting their efforts.

I'm not allowed in there (although I have been helping with the crusade from behind the scenes), and I don't mind. [/quote]
I for one don't appreciate the crusade. It only contributes to the problem.

Brother Adam

On the other hand, I am a member of the crusade, and it has helped solve the problem for many people with open minds who were willing to at the very least, understand what Catholics teach from a Catholic. I can't even count the number of charitable discussions I"ve had through the crusade.

I believe you are in the minority, Protestant or Catholic, who believe it is harmful for Catholics to express to others what they believe. Even some of the most ardent anti-Catholics don't mind Catholics teaching what they believe as they think it will show flaws in their line of reasoning. Of course it usually goes the other way.