An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestant Websites

Guest JeffCR07

Brother Adam

And if you have any worries, we don't talk about anyone on an induvidual basis in the locked forum. We simply coordinate our efforts, offer up prayers, and report in from now and then to note that we are still alive.

[quote name='noncatholicname' date='Oct 4 2004, 09:55 PM'] I for one don't appreciate the crusade. It only contributes to the problem. [/quote]
Please tell me what you don't appreciate about it ? or what problems it contributes to ?

First, I would like you to know that this crusade is in no way an attack on non-Catholic beliefs, because I think that may be the conclusion that you are jumping to. Rather the Crusade was instituted for younger members of phatmass to learn more about their faith and if need be how to defend it. The sole purpose of the crusade is learning.

Secondly, the crusade does not allow harshness nor unkindness from the people who are involved in it. Unkindness is not tolerated nor overlooked.

Third, the crusade also contributes to the clearing of of misconceptions that some people have about the Catholic Church. Face it, not all non-Catholics fully study that Catholic beliefs and teachings and they are oftened lead to misconceptions, usually contributed by anti- Catholic websites and books whose authors have not studied the Catholic Church's teachings either.

God Bless,
Jennie

noncatholicname

It contributes the problem, period. There are many catholics out on protestant boards right now practicing hit and run appologetics. They go in, cry heritic and run. They run in with the 30,000 denominations argument, or what have you, and the next thing you know it's an ad hominem slug fest. It's counter productive, it' rude and uncalled for.

Also, if you think My experience is in the minority, after having stated that you don't go to protestant websites, then I submit you need to think again.

noncatholicname

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Oct 4 2004, 10:14 PM'] And if you have any worries, we don't talk about anyone on an induvidual basis in the locked forum. We simply coordinate our efforts, offer up prayers, and report in from now and then to note that we are still alive. [/quote]
Actually, that thought hadn't occured to me. But since you mention it... I'm now wondering what goes on in there.

[quote name='noncatholicname' date='Oct 4 2004, 11:33 PM'] It contributes the problem, period. There are many catholics out on protestant boards right now practicing hit and run appologetics. They go in, cry heritic and run. They run in with the 30,000 denominations argument, or what have you, and the next thing you know it's an ad hominem slug fest. It's counter productive, it' rude and uncalled for.

Also, if you think My experience is in the minority, after having stated that you don't go to protestant websites, then I submit you need to think again. [/quote]
I never stated that I didn't go to Protestant websites, in fact I stated quite clearly that I did and do go to them. Most Protestant websites I know of have an open door policy to all and welcome people with open arms. And most Protestants that I have debated with usually state that they may not agree with Catholic teachings but they respect us completely. :)

Again I think you're trying to group all Catholics into one big bunch, we are each individually different and we each handle apologetics differently. If you read the guidelines of phatmass, we don't use the word heretic here and nor would we go around calling people heretics elsewhere. The most important thing you should understand about the crusade which is going on through phatmass is that above all it promotes kindness and peace towards all non-Catholics, we don't go around slinging dirt nor do we go and bash the mess out of them. In fact, we have many polite conversations.

Also the crusade does not practice hit and run apologetics, if people ask us questions we answer them we don't just go in and slam some article in their faces and through our hands up in the air and say " We Won " Apologetic debates do not occur that way nor is it a productive way of understanding what the Catholic Church teaches. So above all you can't judge what you don't know, the crusade promotes peace between Christians, we don't need any more wedges put between us.

Again some Catholics may do the post and run Apologetics but the crusade doesn't, the members of the crusade stick with a topic until all parties are completely exhausted ^_^

God Bless,
Jennie

noncatholicname

[quote]So above all you can't judge [i]what you don't know[/i], the crusade promotes peace between Christians, we don't need any more wedges put between us.[/quote]

You're right, and at this point there's no way to know what's going on at all, is there? Everything is kept secret, with the only the word of the members of the group as to what they are up to.

[quote]I never stated that I didn't go to Protestant websites, in fact I stated quite clearly that I did and do go to them.[/quote]

I wasn't addressing you directly, as many have said they don't go to such sites but still offer an opinion.

Edited by noncatholicname

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='noncatholicname' date='Oct 5 2004, 02:42 AM'] You're right, and at this point there's no way to know what's going on at all, is there? Everything is kept secret, with the only the word of the members of the group as to what they are up to. [/quote]
Trust me, as a member of this site for over a year and a moderator, on behalf of the Catholics on this website, that nothing bad is going on in that phorum. I know these people too well and would trust them with my life.

[quote name='noncatholicname' date='Oct 5 2004, 01:42 AM']

[/quote]
[quote]You're right, and at this point there's no way to know what's going on at all, is there?  Everything is kept secret, with the only the word of the members of the group as to what they are up to.[/quote]

As a member of it I can speak that nothing bad or unkind is going on in there. And believe me I believe in being completely honest. If something bad or unkind were taking place in there I would completely withdraw myself from it because I would not want to be associated with such a place.

It was made a private board so that the leader of the entire thing could keep straight who belongs to the crusade and who doesn't. Though many of the crusaders do ask other people on Phatmass, who are not part of the crusade, for help. It just gets really confusing when you're trying to keep a large group of people organized when people who aren't involved in it are posting on the board.

[quote]I wasn't addressing you directly, as many have said they don't go to such sites but still offer an opinion.[/quote]

Okay I wasn't entirely sure since it came right after the post I had made.

God Bless,
Jennie

cmotherofpirl

The board is the organizational section for apologetics. People practice apologetics on each other, post references for other people, give suggestions on handling topics, and pray for each other. Some of us are prayer warriors, some of us are floaters helping out as needed. If you don't know the correct answer for something, you run it by the board, so nobody misrepresents the teachings of the Church. Thats why stuff posted by Church militant and Church scholars is reliable.
We want Phatmass to always represenent the best Catholicism has to offer.

Most people out there hate what they THINK the Catholic church teaches, and really have not a clue to the fullness of faith found in the Church. After all there is 2000 years of catholic history, tradition and faith.

The cardinal role is politeness and charity towards all.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

Jake Huether

[url="http://www.leestoneking.net/"]http://www.leestoneking.net/[/url]

A friend at work sent me this site. He evidently goes to this church. I couldn't find a contact number, but there are a few things that don't jive with my understanding of history.

[quote name='ICTHUS' date='Oct 10 2004, 11:17 AM'] edited by foundsheep! [/quote]
Enough, ICTHUS, we're not going to put up with that type of rude, unChristlike behavior anymore! I'm reporting that.

Edited by foundsheep

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='ICTHUS' date='Oct 10 2004, 12:17 PM'] edited by foundsheep! [/quote]
Good morning Ick :cyclops: , how are you today?
Feeling a bit feisty today? :lol:

Lets work on a kinder gentler approach shall we? :club:

Edited by foundsheep

[quote name='Dave' date='Oct 10 2004, 10:35 AM'] Enough, ICTHUS, we're not going to put up with that type of rude, unChristlike behavior anymore! I'm reporting that. [/quote]
Take a chill pill, Dave, and get a sense of humour. Can't you tell when somebody's just taking a friendly jab at you (Though I do admit that, in past, I was hostile, and deadly serious about it to boot)? You're more than welcome to call me Calvinist-related names. :D