VeraMaria Posted September 11, 2004 Posted September 11, 2004 [quote name='KatFromSVDP' date='Aug 28 2004, 09:41 PM'] Hey! I think it's a great idea to have a teen-meeting-phorum-thing! Not a dating service, but just a get-to-know-you type of thing. Email me or IM me if you want to talk! I'm a Catholic girl who wants to meet some nice Catholic guys! [/quote] A place to get to know other Catholic teens, not for dating but for friendship, would be cool. Out of all my friends, only about 4 are Catholic and none of them serious about their faith. That's why it was so cool to come to PM and see people "like me" (CA's so to say, lol ) I know I love to get to know other Catholic teens and talk about our lives and how we live our faith etc etc etc....so that's what this board (CA Board) is here for in a way
VeraMaria Posted September 11, 2004 Posted September 11, 2004 [quote name='little_angel202' date='Sep 6 2004, 09:20 AM'] o and iloveChrist i've got plenty of stories if you want lol!! [/quote] same here but I think I'll pass on sharing...
VeraMaria Posted September 11, 2004 Posted September 11, 2004 [quote name='MagiDragon' date='Sep 6 2004, 08:23 PM'] Girls, all I can say is be patient. The guys that are rock solid usually don't start dating until relatively late. You really shouldn't get into relationships until you're nearly ready to be married anyway, there are too many problems: hormones, money, and the threat that you'll not take the relationship seriously. Guys, Pray hard! Purity is tough, especially with so many girls that don't understand modesty. Fight through your teen years, with a little fortitude and a lot of grace, you can make it through without any problems. If you are in a relationship, take it seriously! If you get into relationships that you aren't serious about, you're preparing yourself mentally for a lack of commitment later in life. it's a very bad habit. If you can't see yourself spending the rest of your life with a person you're dating, get out of the relationship. Otherwise, you're preparing yourself for divorce later in life, the same could be true for "online dating." [/quote] Amen!!!!!!!! Awesome post!!
VeraMaria Posted September 11, 2004 Posted September 11, 2004 Wow, this thread is awesome... Cool to meet so many people who think like me (unlike many of you i don't have catholic family really, and not many of my friends are Catholic...so I'm still in wonder that weirdos like me exist ) Right now I'm just taking it a day, a week, a month at a time...if God sees fit to send an awesome Catholic guy into my life, then yay for me, if not I'll continue on cheerfully, being busy with friends, acting, friends, singing, friends, sports, school...did I mention friends? (I really do have a lot of awesome friends...I'm so glad God has blessed me with them ). There's a quote that says something about how High School is the time you have to grow into the person you'll be the rest of your life...not worth chasing after guys and having your heart broken time and time again and chase after the next one, like I see most of ym friends do It's soo tempting to just want to go along with everyone. Not to sound conceited, but I don't lack prospective boyfriends...some guys are just downright determined to get me to go out with them (it's quite funny actually...the more I refuse them (they're the football-hero-popular-jerk kind of guys ) the more they try to coax me into a date But anyway, sometimes i just get tired of being different and get tempted to just go on a date for the heck of it. But then I think about the big picture. And it's not worth it. So yeah... I just trust in him...if it's God's will, and I just can't help but hope it is, he'll send me an amazing Catholic guy who I'll first be close friends with...*sigh I'm a hopeless dreamer* So anyway, in the meantime...this is my steady prayer [i]Lord, help me remember that there is nothing that will happen to me today/this week/this month that you and I can't face together[/i] And it's true God Bless!!! Vera
geetarplayer Posted September 11, 2004 Posted September 11, 2004 Vera, you're a lot like my ex-girlfriend in that you are a popular, Catholic girl who has guys chasing after you left and right. I haven't spoken with her or seen her in a while... but someone who goes to her school has recently suggested to me that she isn't handling the circumstances as strongly as you are. Please pray for her.
VeraMaria Posted September 11, 2004 Posted September 11, 2004 [quote name='geetarplayer' date='Sep 11 2004, 01:26 AM'] Vera, you're a lot like my ex-girlfriend in that you are a popular, Catholic girl who has guys chasing after you left and right. I haven't spoken to her in a while... but someone who goes to her school has recently suggested to me that she isn't handling the circumstances as strongly as you are. Please pray for her. [/quote] I'll pray for her Mark, including a rosary later tonight. Please pray for me too.
geetarplayer Posted September 11, 2004 Posted September 11, 2004 Will do. We'll trade prayer intentions.
reelguy227 Posted September 12, 2004 Author Posted September 12, 2004 [quote name='geetarplayer' date='Sep 10 2004, 11:26 PM'] Catholic girl who has guys chasing after you left and right. I [/quote] Vera ,if I saw you Id chase after you ,lol.
ilovechrist Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 are we going to jump into this chase Vera down... propose to her... all over again?
reelguy227 Posted September 12, 2004 Author Posted September 12, 2004 All over again ? Who else did that ? I didnt propose to her ,and besides ,I thought Vera wanted to be a nun ,not get married ?
Iacobus Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 (edited) [quote name='reelguy227' date='Sep 11 2004, 09:52 PM'] Vera ,if I saw you Id chase after you ,lol[/quote] Edited September 12, 2004 by Iacobus
VeraMaria Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 [quote name='reelguy227' date='Sep 11 2004, 11:52 PM'] I thought Vera wanted to be a nun ,not get married ? [/quote] Wherever did that come from ? Hehe, whatever God's will is...but right now I'm thinking more in the married life/family direction
ilovechrist Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 i'm so confused... i'm off to bed night everybody
VeraMaria Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='Sep 12 2004, 12:10 AM'] i'm so confused... i'm off to bed night everybody [/quote] Why art thou confused Ben? G'night
geetarplayer Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 Is it just me or does it seems like ilovechrist has an avatar of Garfield giving the middle finger? -Mark
*teen4Christ* Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 wow it really looks like that. Whats with that Ben?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now