An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is This Bad?

Craftygrl06

LOL! So lol it lol isn't lol my lol flaut lol as lol of lol two lol summers lol I lol never lol said lol at lol all lol online lol. Than lol I lol talked lol to lol Michelle lol and lol she lol said lol way lol too lol much lol and lol it lol rubbed lol off lol on lol me lol.

[quote name='geetarplayer' date='Sep 18 2004, 10:08 PM']You do say LOL a lot...

-Mark[/quote]
You should see some posts...

[quote]The Midwest is better. LOL! FL has hurricanes LOL! But we get tornadoes, lol, but we can't prepare, LOL! Too bad for you LOL![/quote]

^ sample

:rolleyes: :P

A holy priest once said to me, "If only people meant it when they say [i]Oh my God[/i]." This was said in context of a reply re: not being able to pray formally because of a very ill and hectic period. He then encouraged me to make ejeculations thru the day. And, I took it, if I caught myself saying you-know-what, to at least mean it afterwards.

I try to mean it; but lookee here: on that Theresa of Avila movie (the one w/ english subtitles), one of those nuns, when Theresa said, "You must now be my arms", exclaimed, "Sweet Jesus, Madre!...I don't know how to write!"

So we try not to take His name in vain. But how many times do we see apparently religiously indifferent ppl excalim "Oh my God!"

What were the anchors saying when the Twin Towers were hit? Look around...you'll hear it all the time when we are esp. shocked at something tragic.

It's like we're wired to say it, even when we're pagan or atheist, when real bad trouble comes.

Edited by Donna

I used to say, "Oh my Lord!" a lot. However, a friend informed me that that may be taking the Lord's name in vain. Now I say, "oh, my loafers!" Sounds silly, but it works.