An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kerry makes me sick

picchick

I just feel terribly about this election. I think it's bringing out the worst in some people. I'm not a Kerry fan at all (I'm a huge Bush fan :D ), and it just disgusts me with some of the things he says about being Catholic. I feel so sorry for him. He just doesn't get it. If he's elected I'm going to cry all day and then move to Canada...

John Kerry isn't JFK just because he's Catholic.

You claim that because JFK was Catholic, and Kerry claims to be Catholic, they are one in the same.

Just because they share the same cultural Catholic tendencies, that Kerry will be as great a man as JFK supposedly was

[quote name='844' date='Oct 25 2004, 01:11 PM'] This is all I will say Because these are the Guideline's that a President of the United State's has to adhere to. Kindly go to the JFK website and read this speech because it explains this position very clearly.

[url="http://www.jfklibrary.org/j091260.htm"]http://www.jfklibrary.org/j091260.htm[/url] .

Each of these Presidents, JFK, LBJ, RMN, GF, JC, RR,GB, BC, & GB. Each and Every President has to seperate church and state. They are the President of ALL of the Citizens of the United States of America, Not just the Catholic's or the Baptists, Lutherens, Jewish, religions--All of Us, All religions, All Creeds, All the Time.
John Kerry was raised a Catholic and is still a Catholic, But He is a servant of the people who elected Him into office and must carry out the laws of this United States of America, Not the law's of Rome. John Kennedy was faced with very similar decision's. I hope that after You read John Kennedy's speech You will have a better understanding of some of the Hard, Tough decisions Each President has to make concerning His Religious Belief's. You may not like them, But they apply to All of the People, All of the Time.

Go in Peace. [/quote]
However, if a man says one thing and then says another is he capable to handle leading a government? John Kerry claims to be Catholic. In order to claim this you have to adhere to all the dogmas and teachings of the Church. Abortion is wrong and the Church teaches it as such. So John Kerry IS NOT Catholic.

Now John Kerry orginally, I believe, said that he PERSONALLY opposed abortion yet he wasn't going to support it because it would be an oppression upon some people. Well, why vote for someone who is not courageous enough to support his personal opinion.

Pax OUt,
Meg