Balthazor Posted November 28, 2004 Author Posted November 28, 2004 Guys don't have to deal with even half the carp we do. They don't get periods, they don't get pregnant, they get paid more, they are almost always stronger, they don't have menapause, they get to be priests. And for a while the daft evened things out...girls didn't get drafted. But now I am almost sure that if there ever was a draft we would be included. I don't get it. Women are in general more spiritual than men and tend to have a stronger belief in God. And yet he throws all this carp on us. It ain't equal....it never will be, I don't even feel like I have the same human dignity as a guy.
homeschoolmom Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 Pregnancy is a blessing-- even for those for whom the entire time stinks... periods and menopause just go along with it... Some of those other things are secular-- pay scales, draft etc. God didn't make those rules priests and strength etc... well... God chose men to be priests... it's an awesome responsibility... strength? well, we can't all be men... I wouldn't worry about the draft though... my entire adult life I keep hearing about a new draft and I have yet to see it.
Guest Aluigi Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 God doesn't hate women. He hates feminism.
Balthazor Posted November 28, 2004 Author Posted November 28, 2004 I am not a feminist. Where the did that come from?
theculturewarrior Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 In the words of Tevia, "God, I know we're your chosen people...but couldn't just once you choose somebody else?" The martyrs died horrible deaths. God loved them A LOT!
Ash Wednesday Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 I don't think God hates women -- even though he made us different. I think in the world, women have gotten a bad rap but I wouldn't blame God for that. I think women have their own strength and dignity. I'm glad God made me a girl! :cheer: :slap: :plunger:
Lil Red Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 i love this quote: [color=green][i]When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, 'Why god? Why me?' and the thundering voice of God answered, 'There's just something about you that pisses me off.'[/i][/color] --Stephen King
Guest Aluigi Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 I'm just saying. God wants us genders to be different in roles, we're complementary but different.
StColette Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 (edited) I wouldn't say that God hates women, because we have to suffer under certain things that men do not have to. God created both men and women the way that they are for a reason, and He loves each equally, He doesn't pick His favorites. Some of the strongest people you'll read about in the Bible were in fact women. I mean take Our Lady for example. How special and loved she was and is. A strong woman for her time, who came up against many trials but she trusted in God to keep her and unborn child safe. Other examples of great women would include Elizabeth, Leah, Rachel, Mary Magdalene, Martha, Hannah, Sarah, Anna, Rebekah, Ruth, and Esther. And I'm sure I'm leaving out many more great women who God choose for certain reasons. It is most certain that we will never be the strongest physically but there are many things that men have to miss out on. I mean think about it we as women are able to carry another living person within ourselves. We are entrusted with a life within ourselves. We suffer greatly during pregnancy and labor to bring into the world a child who is a gift from God. Men were not given this privilege. And yes it is a privilege because it is such a special gift to be able to bring life into the world with God. Women of course can not be priests, because God did not make it that way. He chose men to be His priests, but women can be sisters, which men can not be. Sometimes the role of a Sister is often looked down upon, but look at what is accomplished through Sisters and Nuns throughout the world. Women have helped the Church since its very beginnings. My priest even once said on that if it weren't for the women of our parish nothing would ever be accomplished, because they keep everything organized and working correctly. Men and women each have their strong points and their weaknesses. It is meant to be that way for a reason. We aren't to look at what one can accomplish without the other but rather what we can accomplish together. Dependent upon one another to offset the balance between weakness and strength. Edited November 28, 2004 by StColette
Ash Wednesday Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Nov 28 2004, 04:41 PM'] i love this quote: [color=green][i]When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, 'Why god? Why me?' and the thundering voice of God answered, 'There's just something about you that pisses me off.'[/i][/color] --Stephen King [/quote] :rotfl: Classic Stephen King. :haha:
Lil Red Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 oftentimes i get frustrated with my role as a woman, but i pray about it and try to accept...although sometimes it is hard...
Lil Red Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Nov 28 2004, 02:43 PM'] :rotfl: Classic Stephen King. :haha: [/quote] yeah...i love that guy.
ForHimAlone Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 You, as a woman, are created in the divine image of God. Men and women both have equal dignity in the eyes of the Lord. I'm sorry that you feel as though there is such a discrimination. Truly God does not look upon women as lower than men. The greatest of all His creatures was a woman, the Blessed Virgin. The feminine essence is such a beautiful thing, just as the masculine is. Both were created for the purpose of union with the Divine, and both were made to compliment each other. Being a woman isn't anything to be ashamed of, and you are not loved less because you are a woman. Take some silent time with God and just let Him love you as you are and as you were created to be. Periods and pregnancy are nothing to be ashamed of. They are both tremendous gifts from God. During a pregnancy, the woman becomes the vessel for God's creative genius. This is such a blessing! Pregnancy is such an awesome thing! I'd agree with homeschoolmom, as well, in saying that you can not blame secular realities on God. That's not fair to Him. Also, Christ chose men to be His priests. Women, however, also play a very important role in furthuring the divine plan in following their own vocations. It's truly beautiful.
Balthazor Posted November 28, 2004 Author Posted November 28, 2004 (edited) when I present my complaints to guys ya wanna know what they tell me? "Yeah, but you can go out drinking and not have to spend as much." Nice guys, that totally makes up for everything. I can get drunk cheaper because some leacher wants to get in my pants and is willing to buy me a drink to get there. Maybe if chivalry wasn't dead. I wouldn't be so bitter. Edited November 28, 2004 by Balthazor
ForHimAlone Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 Oh, you can not have such a bad opinion of men! Sure, there are some that would mistreat you, but there are also some women who mistreat men. Men are wonderful creations and should be given dignity and respect. Do not despair... chivalry lives on. I'm convinced!
theculturewarrior Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 [quote name='Balthazor' date='Nov 28 2004, 04:50 PM'] when I present my complaints to guys ya wanna know what they tell me? "Yeah, but you can go out drinking and not have to spend as much." Nice guys, that totally makes up for everything. I can get druk cheaper because some leacher wants to get in my pants and is willing to buy me a drink to get there. Maybe if chivalry wasn't dead. I wouldn't be so bitter. [/quote] Chivalry's not dead. Most women find me pathetic when I defend their womanhood. It's not just a lack of chivalry...it's a lack of Faith. If you were walking behind me, I would hold the door open for you. If we went out on a date, I would drink iced tea and wouuldn't [b]dream[/b] of offering you a drink. But I have similar difficulties too...just from a Catholic man's POV.
StColette Posted November 28, 2004 Posted November 28, 2004 [quote name='ForHimAlone' date='Nov 28 2004, 04:54 PM'] Oh, you can not have such a bad opinion of men! Sure, there are some that would mistreat you, but there are also some women who mistreat men. Men are wonderful creations and should be given dignity and respect. Do not despair... chivalry lives on. I'm convinced! [/quote] I'm with ForHimAlone on this one Men are wonderful creations of God Many of them have lost their way and are somewhat rude, but many women have also fallen into this same problem. I know that chivalry lives on. I see it in my father and my brothers, and in the men here on Phatmass. Each and everyone of them are a prime example of how all men should behave, and God love them for setting this example. Just as every woman here on Phatmass is a wonderful example of how a woman should act.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now