An Old School Catholic Message Board

Psychic Encounter

Faithful heart

hyperdulia again

if god gave jon edwards the gift of communicating with the dearlyydeparted, then he is misusing it. he shouldn't advertise and should only tell others what aunt flo has to say when it is of great importance.

if god gave jon edwards the gift of communicating with the dearlyydeparted, then he is misusing it.  he shouldn't advertise and should only tell others what aunt flo has to say when it is of great importance.

I don't necessarily agree with this. If you've ever listened to him, he only ever tells folks things about how their loved ones love them. The only way that could be mistrued as misuse (if he is valid) is because he's making a buck off of it. Well, all of us have to make a living.

And Cmom, great post. I think sometimes, humans see limits when there are none, and fail to understand that there is beauty in mystery.

The lives of the Saints amaze me far more than any "psychic" could ever dream of.

100% in agreement!

In fact, forget superman and batman. when I have kids they're gunna hear about the Saints! I wish I would have paid more attention to my mom (I think she read me the lives of the saints). I never grasped the POWER OF GOD in our everyday life!

littleflower+JMJ

if they have a 1-800 number at the bottom of the screen...and accept visa, mastercard or money orders...

don't trust them.....

:unsure:

if god gave jon edwards the gift of communicating with the dearlyydeparted, then he is misusing it.  he shouldn't advertise and should only tell others what aunt flo has to say when it is of great importance.

Jon edwards cannot communicate with the dead.... he uses an old technique, I forgot what they call it, but you start will general, and then end up specific...

As for communicating with the dead, psychics, ouiji boards, etc...

They all open one up for possession.

I think they are very real... I had a ouiji board experience that was freaky when I was 15... very freaky... felt demonic...

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

Don John of Austria

"it is documented that souls from purgatory can come to us and request our prayers."

Where is this documented? I am not saying it is not but it is contrary to the teaching I receaved back when I was in the Seminary. Not to mention every orthodox book on the fate ofthe Soul I have ever read so I am naturally sceptical.

Don John of Austria

prophesy is not the same thig as "Psychic powers". Psychic powers do not exist in the way we think of them in pour culture. Most such powers are either frauds or they are in league with Satan, others are intervention by a preternatural entity good or bad. None come from the " power of the mind. The mind is a faculty of the soul, Astral Projection and such are specifically condemned by the Church, your soul is not supposed to leave your body until you die.

"it is documented that souls from purgatory can come to us and request our prayers."

Where is this documented? I am not saying it is not but it is contrary to the teaching I receaved back when I was in the Seminary. Not to mention every orthodox book on the fate ofthe Soul I have ever read so I am naturally sceptical.

Did you read the link I provided you, Don?

Jake,

I'm not sure that the link you provided shows "documentation". It is an interesting collection of stories and they might be true, but it can not be used to really factually prove anything.

peace...

just a thought

it is impossible for the dead to communicate with us on their own.

it is impossible for us to communicate with the dead on our own.

however, with God, all things are possible. if the dead are to communicate with us, it would have to be through God and with God, and most likely the communication would have to deal with something important in a religious point of view.

if we are to communicate with the dead, it has to be through God and with God, ie prayer to the Saints... and i guess if u just talk to a lost loved one, u must always do it through God and with God, and it must center around God or important things from the religious point of view.

at least this is how i C it. B) :rolleyes:

IcePrincessKRS

I don't necessarily agree with this.  If you've ever listened to him, he only ever tells folks things about how their loved ones love them.  The only way that could be mistrued as misuse (if he is valid) is because he's making a buck off of it.  Well, all of us have to make a living. 

And Cmom, great post.  I think sometimes, humans see limits when there are none, and fail to understand that there is beauty in mystery.

I think thats pretty much what Hyper meant. Also, its not right to advertize and make public things like this. True, they probably exist, I'm not arguing with that. The beef is with how the gift is used. ;)

I think thats pretty much what Hyper meant. Also, its not right to advertize and make public things like this. True, they probably exist, I'm not arguing with that. The beef is with how the gift is used. ;)

Just a difference of opinion. My feelings are that its not misuse. But, that's just my opinion.