james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 (edited) [quote]“I was in (Black) Sabbath at the time. It was a symbol that I thought was reflective of what that band was supposed to be all about... It's to ward off the Evil Eye [b]or to give the Evil Eye[/b], depending on which way you do it. It's just a symbol [b]but it had magical incantations and attitudes to it[/b] and I felt it worked very well with (Black) Sabbath. So I became very noted for it and then everybody else started to pick up on it and away it went. But I would never say I take credit for being the first to do it.” Ronnie James Dio.[/quote] Edited January 21, 2005 by james
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 Since we are on the topic... [img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~cavions/funny/Bush%20On%20War.jpg[/img]
MichaelFilo Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 Sorry about that sentence. What I was trying to say that even if he is an initiate into some Satanist cult, then he hasn't represented Satanism very well. As far as that comment I made, yes it's equally applicable, so when I tell GW, I'll expect him to give it up. Can signs be evil? Yes. If that is how they are being used, you'd argue, but consider this. There is a certain English speaking country with some very religious Catholics, but within that ocuntry cussing is quite normal (not taking the Lord's name in vain though) and it is very much part of their speech, more so than here. Those words aren't used to insult 99% of the time, but they are being used. The words have meanings, whatever the intent. The "F" word will always mean just that. If my intent to is to tell youa bout my day and I use that word with no intent to hurt someone that doesn't mean I didn't use the "f" word. If you throw around Satanic signs with no intent to represent Satanism, the symbol has it's roots in Satanism. So just because I become Irish doesn't make it ok for me to start cussing left and right anymore than iti s right to throw around certain symbols that have infected "rocker culture". God bless, Mikey
Dreamweaver Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 Many people these days flash "the horns" simply as a "rock on" kind of symbol at concerts and such. It has an evil past, those horns, yes they do. The Satanic Baphomet is shown flashing the 'horns. Anton Lavey (founder of the Church of Satan) is seen flashing the horns. [url="http://www.exposingsatanism.org/signsymbols.htm"]Here's[/url] an interesting page with symbols relating to witchcraft, satanism and the occult. Be wary when using the "horns", even without the evil intent or meaning. For some, it does have meaning and power. And others may assume things about you with your usage of it. It's Satan's "gang sign".
homeschoolmom Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jan 20 2005, 08:29 PM'] Yeah, I'm sure that a Texan giving the Texan Longhorns symbol is a sign that he's not Christian... [/quote] yup.
homeschoolmom Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='Socrates' date='Jan 20 2005, 09:41 PM'] They hosted a satanic Rock Music party at the Bush inaugral to seduce our Youth into Godless Satanism. [/quote] I was invited to that, but I couldn't get a sitter...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:20 PM'] [url="http://www.exposingsatanism.org/signsymbols.htm"]Here's[/url] an interesting page with symbols relating to witchcraft, satanism and the occult [/quote] Even if you leave some of that stuff the way it is, it can still be Catholic... The upside down cross? Cross of St. Peter...
homeschoolmom Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 Does this remind anyone else of the "The Pope's satanic because he carries a satanic crucifix" thread that Lumberjack started...?
crusader1234 Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:19 PM'] Since we are on the topic... [img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~cavions/funny/Bush%20On%20War.jpg[/img] [/quote] Oh, Great! And here I was, thinking that we weren't going to implement the kaBOOSH in this war. That changes EVERYTHING!
crusader1234 Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 Hey, I just realized something! Socrates, you are the one who thinks I'm satanic for liking Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, et cetera. That was quite the source of amusement. And, by the way, George Bush's inauguration speech scared me. I pray to God he won't be spreading his 'Liberty' and 'Freedom' over here any time soon.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:43 PM'] Oh, Great! And here I was, thinking that we weren't going to implement the kaBOOSH in this war. That changes EVERYTHING! [/quote] :crackup: :rotfl:
Socrates Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:45 PM'] Hey, I just realized something! Socrates, you are the one who thinks I'm satanic for liking Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, et cetera. That was quite the source of amusement. And, by the way, George Bush's inauguration speech scared me. I pray to God he won't be spreading his 'Liberty' and 'Freedom' over here any time soon. [/quote] Actually, Dude, that wasn't me. I missed that thread! This is my first thread to do the whole "rock controversy" thing. (I've actually heard/read people who stay stuff not far off from my satire! Hope I've provided a little amusment here though! Don't want to take credit where none is due!
james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 (edited) [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:11 PM'] Some people need to get out more.... [/quote] And former popes, Clement XII, Benedict XIV, Pius VII, Leo XII, Pius VIII, Gregory XVI, Pius IX, and Leo XIII--who all wrote encyclicals condemning secret societies and warning of the danger these societies represent to Christian faith--did they "need to get out more often," in your opinion? Edited January 21, 2005 by james
homeschoolmom Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='Socrates' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:49 PM'] Actually, Dude, that wasn't me. [/quote] Yeah, Rich, I think that was ol' james here...
Dreamweaver Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 Yes, the upside down cross is the cross of St. Peter, but to the general population who doesn't know the history of it, it is simply an inverted cross, a symbol invented by satanists to mock Christianity. To my knowledge, the horns \m/ don't have any background rooted in Christianity.
musturde Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='james' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:52 PM'] And former popes, Clement XII, Benedict XIV, Pius VII, Leo XII, Pius VIII, Gregory XVI, Pius IX, and Leo XIII who all wrote encyclicals condemning secret societies and warning of their danger to Christian faith, did they "need to get out more often," in your opinion? [/quote] We're against secret societies but, i mean, he's the president... Kerry is like a mirror to Bush, you have to look at their political beliefs, and a lotta times not really trust their spiritual because oftentimes you will get a more Catholic president who isn't Catholic than one who is.
crusader1234 Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='james' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:52 PM'] And former popes, Clement XII, Benedict XIV, Pius VII, Leo XII, Pius VIII, Gregory XVI, Pius IX, and Leo XIII who all wrote encyclicals condemning secret societies and warning of their danger to Christian faith, did they "need to get out more often," in your opinion? [/quote] I'm unaware that Rock and Roll is a secret society. At least, that doesn't make sense to me... I mean making a living selling records to the masses, while maintaining secrecy seems like an awful amount of work. Ooops, sorry Socrates. My bad - I just put two and two together, over analyzed things, and got Root 16. Yikes.
Recommended Posts