cmotherofpirl Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='james' date='Jan 21 2005, 12:52 AM'] And former popes, Clement XII, Benedict XIV, Pius VII, Leo XII, Pius VIII, Gregory XVI, Pius IX, and Leo XIII who all wrote encyclicals condemning secret societies and warning of their danger to Christian faith, did they "need to get out more often," in your opinion? [/quote] They didn't spend their time going thru pictures and dreaming up conspiracies. If you havce such issues with President Bush why don't you email him and ask him.?
james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 (edited) [quote name='musturde' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:58 PM'] We're against secret societies but, i mean, he's the president...[/quote] He's a member of a secret society. Light hath no fellowship with darkness. [quote name='musturde' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:58 PM']Kerry is like a mirror to Bush, you have to look at their political beliefs, and a lotta times not really trust their spiritual because oftentimes you will get a more Catholic president who isn't Catholic than one who is. [/quote] Kerry belongs to the same Masonic Skull and Bones organization that Bush does. Neither of them were a legitimate choice for Catholics. Edited January 21, 2005 by james
cmotherofpirl Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 And I belong to a fraternity does that make me bad as well?
james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jan 20 2005, 11:01 PM'] They didn't spend their time going thru pictures and dreaming up conspiracies. [/quote] I haven't "dreampt up" Bush's membership in a Masonic organization. It's a very well established fact.
cmotherofpirl Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 What does that have to do with going thru pictures looking for hidden meaning?
MichaelFilo Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 I think that no one here is in a secret society. Also, since we can only vote on their credentials and their views on things, the candidates could be in whatever secret society there is, it doesn't matter. WE aren't voting them in to promote those societies, in such a case as Catholics we couldn't. As far as I can tell, no candidate tried tos pread secret society ideals. Again, I don't care if Bush bel;ieves earthworms are the means by which the world will be destroyed, for office he is voted on his beliefs and his points of view. I cannot stress enough that no matter what he does, this is irrelevant if it doesn't affect his position as president. God bless, Mikey
crusader1234 Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 If everyone knows Bush is a mason, how is it a secret?
james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jan 20 2005, 11:09 PM'] And I belong to a fraternity does that make me bad as well? [/quote] You are free to research the appropriate church doctrine relating to the matter yourself.
james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jan 20 2005, 11:17 PM'] What does that have to do with going thru pictures looking for hidden meaning? [/quote] Membership in Skull and Bones, in my opinion, is sufficient cause for suspicion. Perhaps you believe that a secret society membership is consistant with a Christian life. You're free to hold that opinion just as George Bush is, but there's a stack of papal encyclicals that says otherwise.
james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 (edited) [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jan 20 2005, 11:27 PM'] Nah. It was Catholic [/quote] Well, I assure you, Skull and Bones is not Catholic by any stretch of the imagination. Edited January 21, 2005 by james
MichaelFilo Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 Ok, now address my post. We vote on his views and actions as president and his claims. We don't vote on his possible correlation with some group. He ssems to have been a wild kid, he may very well have turned away from all that, considering he is a "born again" Christian while his parents are epsicopalean. I believe, even if it WAS an issue, it no longer is. God bless, Mikey
james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Jan 21 2005, 12:05 AM'] He ssems to have been a wild kid, he may very well have turned away from all that, considering he is a "born again" Christian while his parents are epsicopalean. I believe, even if it WAS an issue, it no longer is. [/quote] Really? I'm not aware of GW Bush, or his father or his grandfather for that matter, ever having renounced Skull and Bones. In fact, whenever GW Bush is questioned about Skull and Bones he refuses to speak about it, he says he cannot because it's a secret, which would indicate to me that he still upholds his Masonic oath of secrecy. As I've stated already, you are free to believe that someone can be a Mason and Christian, but there's a stack of papal encyclicals that state otherwise.
jiyoung Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 you said both kerry and bush are masons (kerry is a worse catholic than i thought if that's true cuz its expressly forbidden for catholics to be masons because they stand against so much of the Church teaching). so we needed to choose the lesser evil, no? whether bush is a mason or not, he is not pushing a masonic agenda. his beliefs are closer to Catholic beliefs than kerry's beliefs are. we chose the best of the two options from the Catholic pov.
james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='jiyoung' date='Jan 21 2005, 02:57 AM'] you said both kerry and bush are masons (kerry is a worse catholic than i thought if that's true cuz its expressly forbidden for catholics to be masons because they stand against so much of the Church teaching). so we needed to choose the lesser evil, no? [/quote] There were other, better choices besides Kerry and Bush. Support for the lesser of two evils is support for evil. We may not do evil that good may come of it.
Guest T-Bone Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:18 PM'] I think that no one here is in a secret society. [/quote] Technmically, I still may be. I FORMED one when I was 9. All it's members are now living in other cities, and we no longer have meetings, haven't had one in like 15 years...does that count? The Society of Shoes with Laces may be recruting new members anytime now.
cmotherofpirl Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='james' date='Jan 21 2005, 05:04 AM'] There were other, better choices besides Kerry and Bush. Support for the lesser of two evils is support for evil. We may not do evil that good may come of it. [/quote] There were no other choices that could actually win. That is not a minor detail.
popestpiusx Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jan 21 2005, 08:39 AM'] There were no other choices that could actually win. That is not a minor detail. [/quote] I disagree, but I do hope we don't start this debate again.
james Posted January 21, 2005 Author Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jan 21 2005, 07:39 AM'] There were no other choices that could actually win. That is not a minor detail. [/quote] I'm not aware of any Catholic doctine supporting winning at all costs.
cmotherofpirl Posted January 21, 2005 Posted January 21, 2005 [quote name='popestpiusx' date='Jan 21 2005, 11:18 AM'] I disagree, but I do hope we don't start this debate again. [/quote] Don't worry we won't on this board.
Recommended Posts