Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 11 2005, 04:17 PM'] i just told my mom that i give up, she wins.  i'm not going to steubie.  everyone who's going there, have fun!  :( [/quote]
Don't give up, Rachael. :( Prayers.

Posted

[quote name='Colleen' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:18 PM'] Don't give up, Laura. :( Prayers. [/quote]
my name's rachael :mellow:

Posted

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 11 2005, 04:21 PM'] my name's rachael :mellow: [/quote]
:blush: I am so sorry. I haven't slept much lately. I'm so sorry, Rachael. -_-

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

Don't give up, Rachael. :( I want you to get to Steubie...I'm gonna need friends. :(

Posted

no i give up. i don't want to be put through anymore of this abuse. :(

Posted

anyway we could help you out?

Posted

no :shame:

Posted

why are my parents so mean to me? :(

Posted

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 11 2005, 06:46 PM'] why are my parents so mean to me? :( [/quote]
have you asked them?

I have a sneaking suspicion it is not "just" the money - that may be a convenient excuse - can you get to the "real" reason, and address that?

is it family pride? would you be the first member of the family not to go to a particular school in generations?

is it religious? fear of Rachael hieing herself off to a nunnery? how many Steubie grads actually enter the ministry?

prayers from me - for guidance, for enlightenment, for partience, for insight.

Posted

I know the reasons. And they're crappy reasons at that. It's not about the money, as we have more than enough to pay for it. It's about control.


It's all about control.

Posted

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 11 2005, 10:07 PM'] I know the reasons. And they're crappy reasons at that. It's not about the money, as we have more than enough to pay for it. It's about control.


It's all about control. [/quote]
know of any good priests that can talk to her?

Posted

there was a time where I had to do a loooot of convincing to let my mom go to Illinois for a week to attend Cornerstone music festival with a bunch of friends.. there was a time where I didnt think there was any way I would make it. Finally at the last minute after a lot of praying.. she let me go.. now I pray for that same inspiration in this situation

Posted

[quote name='Tony' date='Feb 11 2005, 09:27 PM'] know of any good priests that can talk to her? [/quote]
when i said nothing will get through to my parents, i meant nothing will get through :(

Posted (edited)

"Pray, hope and don't worry"
-Padre Pio

Oh yeah, you might also want to go to franciscan.edu and check out the section where it says they are one of the top colleges of the east side and look up where stubie graduates are now (it's all in the website) and show that to your parents to convince them that the university will fulfill you academically and spiritually.

Edited by cathoholic
Posted

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:55 PM'] when i said nothing will get through to my parents, i meant nothing will get through :( [/quote]
:group: still praying

Posted

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 11 2005, 10:55 PM'] when i said nothing will get through to my parents, i meant nothing will get through :( [/quote]
This makes for difficult decisions

Dependence upon parents - subject to control
Independence from parents - subject to the economy

Negotiating levels of dependence leading to independence is the most difficult thing that anyone, adult, teen, or nation-state, can do

prayers continue

Posted

my mom seems willing to let me go, once again. but i some how have to find a way to pay for it. :(

Posted

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 12 2005, 04:41 PM'] my mom seems willing to let me go, once again. but i some how have to find a way to pay for it. :( [/quote]
That's good news about your mom. :) You are in my prayers, Rachael.

Posted

i really appreciate the prayers, guys. :)

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 13 2005, 11:36 AM'] i really appreciate the prayers, guys. :) [/quote]
:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...