An Old School Catholic Message Board

The truth about the war in Iraq

james

Like the crusades? The crusades were nothing like a jihad, a Jihad is muslim doctrine, the crusades were a bunch of greedy peasents getting rallied up by some corrupt officials and going to slay the 'heathen' GUESS WHAT THE WESTERN CHRISTIANS SACKED THE EASTERN CATHOLICS IN CONSTANTINOPLE. That was one of the main causes of the split I believe, they raped and pilliaged.

Jamie, any religeon that is not the true religeon has a right to be called a cult. The modern 'Jews' broke off from the real Church a good 2000 years ago, and 1500 years later a roudy king and some insane preacher broke off into their own cults as well. If you break off from something that is the truth, noble and right, your newly formed group has no right to the same name as what it once was, so if its not a religeon, it must be a cult.

Here is another take on it from my point of view again..

To be a religeon you need to be persecuted by everyone. Catholics are a religeon. As Catholics we elimate the need for any other religeon, because we do not persecute them. We accept them and acknowladge that our Master may in fact grant some of the heathen salvation. It isn't our choice, but we follow our Master openly and directly, so im hoping its all good..

-Monoxide

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Apr 5 2005, 08:51 AM']
I think most people here find it dubious that those Jewish AMERICANS would risk their jobs and fortunes in the United Satates if they cared so much for Israel that they designed and carried out a war.

One which in almost no way benefits Israel. [/quote]
The Iraq War was fought for the benefit of the Israeli state. It was a war to strengthen the position of the Israeli state in the Middle East.

The Bush administration's Middle East policy is to restructure the Middle East in a way that is favorable to Israel. Iraq was chosen as a starting point not because it was a threat, but precisely because it was not a threat. It had no weapons of mass destruction.

North Korea, on the other hand, does have nuclear weapons, and has threatened to use them. Have you heard of any plans of a US war against North Korea? No? Neither have I.

Israel can't wait to get us to do the same thing that we did in Iraq to Iran, Syria, Lebanon ... all neighboring countries to them.

The cost in human casualties, damage to US credibility in the world community, and huge debt from financing the war in Iraq war is all for the benefit of the Israeli state.

BTW, here's a news piece about the $650,000,000 package of Apache helicopters that you, I, and the rest of the US citizens bought for Israel which they, no doubt, will use to raze many Palestinian homes and in turn, bring much more hatred towards the US for financing the Israeli state's brutal oppression of those people.

[url="http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1112494793869"]http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pag...d=1112494793869[/url]

[url="http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=79531"]http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=79531[/url]

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Cam42' date='Apr 3 2005, 08:04 PM'] I must be pyschic. I can't wait to lurk on this thread and listen to the anti-semitic rhetoric.....I haven't had a good stomach turning in a while. [/quote]
Can I shake your hand? I think I like you. :)

Wow, why is everyone here so prejudiced? You think you are in good standing? Listen to someone elses ideas for once, i know it is hard, but do try... It is like argueing with the homosexual, you cannot convince them but you can come off as a better person by listening to have what they have to say.

[quote]North Korea, on the other hand, does have nuclear weapons, and has threatened to use them. Have you heard of any plans of a US war against North Korea? No? Neither have I.[/quote]

Hmm maybe because they have nuclear weapons and a crazy guy with his finger on the button? No you're probably right. Its because it doesn't benefit the Jews.

[quote]Jamie, any religeon that is not the true religeon has a right to be called a cult. The modern 'Jews' broke off from the real Church a good 2000 years ago, and 1500 years later a roudy king and some insane preacher broke off into their own cults as well. If you break off from something that is the truth, noble and right, your newly formed group has no right to the same name as what it once was, so if its not a religeon, it must be a cult. [/quote]

Oh ok so we're just making up definitions for words now? The Jews were the first religion. They are still a religion. For them to be a cult today would necessitate that they began as a cult. They didn't.

[quote]Listen to someone elses ideas for once, i know it is hard, but do try...[/quote]

If someone else's ideas are inflammatory or based on conjecture, there is not much to listen to. I am wide open to varying ideas and opinions. But back them up with facts.

crusader1234

[quote name='Monoxide' date='Apr 5 2005, 10:59 PM'] Jamie, any religeon that is not the true religeon has a right to be called a cult. The modern 'Jews' broke off from the real Church a good 2000 years ago, and 1500 years later a roudy king and some insane preacher broke off into their own cults as well. If you break off from something that is the truth, noble and right, your newly formed group has no right to the same name as what it once was, so if its not a religeon, it must be a cult. [/quote]
The Jews were a religion. Jesus was a Jew. And I'm certain that Jesus wasn't a member of any cult. Judaism didn't break away from anything, they just don't believe that Jesus was the fulfilment of the Messianic prophecies. Not believing what you believe doesn't in any way make something occult.

[quote]Here is another take on it from my point of view again..

To be a religeon you need to be persecuted by everyone. Catholics are a religeon. As Catholics we elimate the need for any other religeon, because we do not persecute them. We accept them and acknowladge that our Master may in fact grant some of the heathen salvation. It isn't our choice, but we follow our Master openly and directly, so im hoping its all good..[/quote]

Thats the single worst definition of religion I've ever heard. To 'be a religion', you have to have a set of beliefs and customs that go along with those beliefs. Were women, racial minorities, homosexuals, all religions because they were persecuted? I don't think so. You have a very interesting view of what religion and faith means.

In summary, Judaism is not a cult. This never has been and never will be Church teaching. Anti-Semetic commentary makes me sick to my stomach. Please show some respect.

Every theorist worth his salt knows it's not Jews, Catholics or even the cretinous atheists running the show.

It's gnostics. They adopt a convenient terminology and run with it.

You are a dupe, mister FNG. Sorry. Maybe you should wear a tin foil hat when you theorize so the MKultra stuff will have a lessened effect on you.

And how could I have forgotten?

LOVE THE JEWS!!! GOD BLESS THE JEWS!!

C'mon James, seriously, you'll feel better. Say it just once!

Also High five to Crusader

Edited by jaime

argent_paladin

First, neocon and jewish are not synonymous. 90% of Jews in America are Democrats, so it would be odd to say that there is some sort of Jewish conspiracy controlling the government. In addition, it is a far stretch to connect the secular atheist Jews who tend to dominate the American political scene and religious Jews, unless you invoke the racial criteria of Hitlerdeutschland.
So, you have a tenuous link between the war and neocons (tenuous since Bush, Condy, Cheney, Powell, etc, are not neocons). Second, you have a tenuous link between neocons and Jews (there are many non-Jewish neocons (like Weigel, Novak and Neuhaus, all Catholic), and even more Jews who are not neocons). Then you have a tenuous link between Jews and Israel (since many Israelis are Muslim or Christian and many Jews are not Zionists and some don't even consider Israel a legitimate state). Weak links add up to basically nothing.

Yes, the war was beneficial to Israel, but that wasn't a foregone conclusion. The war was beneficial to all democratic, free countries, most especially ones in the Middle East. Neocons did push for war in Iraq. They believed that the best way to secure America is to neutralize terrorism. The root of terrorism is tyranny. Groups who cannot express themselves through political means, express themselves violently. Allowing democracy to take root in Iraq would be a big step forward and it is.
It is despicable that you would question the loyalty of an American because of his religion or ethnic background. It wasn't long ago that Catholics were suspect as well. And Asians still are, not to mention Muslims or Arabs. Yes, there are some people of Jewish background advising Bush, but there are many more who oppose Bush's policies, in Hollywood, in business and in politics.

I love the irony of people like you simultaneously saying Bush is Hitler and then blaming the Jews for all the worlds ills. Perhaps you are suggesting a Final Solution?

A final solution? No, that is way to extreme.

I am not sure what you Americans believe... You are all for the Church, but whenever the churchs authority is questioned the majority of you seem to wither. You form organizations that promote womans [i]rights in the church[/i]. I am all for womans equality, but going as far as pushing your left-wing propaganda into the church? Honestly. When you were attacked for homosexuality in the clergy I did not see any resistance? Where was the counter-smear campaign? The media created the homosexual clergy. There are homosexuals in every walk of life, but the media [i]focused [/i]on the priesthood, now look? It is bad to be left alone with a priest until your over 20, and even then it is risky.

Fight the evil, do not succomb to it, I do not remember Jesus ever letting himself be overcome with lazyness and allowing the devil to walk all over him? I would bet you a dollar that evil was doing everything in its power to stop the crucifiction once it realized that it was being set up.

Many evils have walked the earth, but Americans and their media seem caught up on [i]one [/i]and only [i]one[/i]. Nazi Germany..
Do you know what this has done?
On my last journey through deutschland guess what I saw?
Homosexuality was rampant, there was a S&M club in every small town and one for every two or three blocks, raves and drug parties, legal prostitutes male and female, and worst of all... no children.
What have you done?
You have neutered the entire Germanic people? They are nothing anymore, they are declining in population at the greatist rate in all of Europe and in 100 years they will have 1/3rd of the people they have now. Was it worth it? Killing with perversions and indoctrination? How would you feel, every waking moment from when your 4 years old till you die, hearing about how your parents and their parents were responsible for the deaths of 12 million Jews? We do not hear about the other 22 million persons of other races or orientations, why? wow i am ranting again.

I love Israel and the Jews, but I do not love the way society loves them. Here is a quote I read in NYT many moons ago...

"When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle." Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Forces, New York Times.

The guy was the head of the defence forces until he retired, Arial Sharon has said much worse. You Americans give more in aid per capita to the people of Israel than you do to your own citizens? And then you give them military discounts and freebies. There is nothing wrong with this, except that it reeks of corruption...

There are many other horrible atrocites other than the holocost, but we do not focus on them?

The 8+ million Ukrainians starved to death in the man made famine?
The 20+ million that froze and starved to death in the Gulags?
The 50+ million that the chinese communists forced labored to death?
The genocides in the Congo, Cambodia, Crusades! etc.etc.etc.etc.etc

Why do we weigh the lives of other human beings so lightly?

As for them being a cult. They chose not to believe that Jesus was the messiah, ----meaning that they BROKE OFF FROM THE CHURCH!!!!! Amazing. If you say that they did not break off from the church, your saying that the Early Christians were the first protestants, which is plain silly. There is only one religion, Us, then there is Them, they can achieve salvation, but they do not have the benefits of the sacrements, so it would probably be the camel in the needle syndrome all over again. Pray for the heathen.

Why if the majority of Americans want to ban abortion and the homosexualists, are they not banned? Someone is pulling the strings, and it is obviously not Opus Dei.

[quote] You Americans give more in aid per capita to the people of Israel than you do to your own citizens? [/quote]

Population of Micronesia 770,000

US Aid through 2005 $1.3 Billion

Why? BECAUSE MICRONESIANS RUN THE US GOVERNMENT!!!

[quote]You have neutered the entire Germanic people? They are nothing anymore, they are declining in population at the greatist rate in all of Europe and in 100 years they will have 1/3rd of the people they have now. Was it worth it? [/quote]

Now Monoxide, if you want to start a thread on "Did we go to far taking out Hitler?" that might gain the ire of more than a few folks. I know you want us to be "open to new ideas"...

Before you go and do that, consider more current and frightening statistics that could be to blame for your fatherland's current failings.

Population of Germany 82,000,000

No of David Hasselhoff CDs sold in Germany 8,000,000

That means that one in ten Germans listens to David Hasselhoff! And if you follow the timeline you may find that the rise in S & M clubs did not happen until Hasselhoff became a megastar! Want more proof?

Micronesia has no S&M clubs. They also have never heard of David Hasselhoff.

Coincidence?

hot stuff

PS love the Jews!! God bless the Jews

So you are saying that the germans have spontaniously become a Godless society without any influence what so ever? Micronesia needs the aid, Israel doesnt.

No I'm saying that blaming our removal of Hitler for the downfall of German society makes about as much sense as my suggestion that you could blame it on their love for David Hasselhoff. (Incidentally you can use my Hasselhoff statistics on your other thread about the influence of music.)

Germans feel bad about the Holocaust? German kids have to learn that part of their heritage is the mass murdering of millions of Jews? Gosh that's too bad. US students get to learn that their culture almost wiped out the Native American population. That and the fact that up until about 150 years ago, we enslaved Africans. Pretty tough stuff to learn wouldn't you say? I doubt that any of them grew up to say "My forefathers slaughtered the Native American Nation! The only way I can deal with it is by going to an S&M club!!"

By the way, care to share with us how much US aid Israel recieves annually? Any chance their aid is based upon the fact that they are the only democracy in the region?

And what did Micronesia do for us besides invent Microfibre pants? Is that enough to merit 1.3 billion in aid?

God Conquers

I think the reason why the US doesn't attack nations with Nuclear weapons has more to do with NUCLEAR WEAPONS than jewish people in government.

How could the Jews (who I can honestly say I love to pieces) break off from a Church to which they never belonged?

beaver dam those Hindu Schismatics!

Something tells me more US aid goes to IRAQ than to Israel.

Man this thread works my abs....

So does my love for my Jewish brothers and sisters. (But only when I do crunches)