Daniel Pipes
Lawrence Kaplan
Charles Krauthammer
David Brooks
John Podhoretz
Neal Kozodoy
Jonah Goldberg

And once again, I remind you, this quote:

"The war in Iraq was conceived by 25 neoconservative intellectuals, most of them Jewish, who are pushing President Bush to change the course of history."

was taken from Israeli newspaper, Haaretz.

Why are you people arguing against a point which the Jewish press conceeds?

Edited by james

[quote name='Monoxide' date='Apr 5 2005, 11:59 PM']Like the crusades? The crusades were nothing like a jihad, a Jihad is muslim doctrine, the crusades were a bunch of greedy peasents getting rallied up by some corrupt officials and going to slay the 'heathen' GUESS WHAT THE WESTERN CHRISTIANS SACKED THE EASTERN CATHOLICS IN CONSTANTINOPLE. That was one of the main causes of the split I believe, they raped and pilliaged.
[/quote]
a jihad is like a crusade, but of a different religion.

[u][b]jihad[/b][/u]- A Muslim holy war.

[u][b]crusade[/b][/u]- A holy war undertaken with papal sanction.

:)

I wasn't talking about [u]the[/u] Crusades, but rather, [u]a[/u] crusade and what it means compared to the meaning of a jihad.

Kilroy the Ninja

[quote name='rachael' date='Apr 7 2005, 01:55 PM'] a jihad is like a crusade, but of a different religion.

[u][b]jihad[/b][/u]- A Muslim holy war.

[/quote]
actually the term jihad has two meanings to muslims.

It can refer to the internal struggle to live according to Islam.

And it can refer to a specific external fight for Islam.

The media has [mostly] given it the connotation of "Holy War" to the term but really the word "struggle" is more appripo.

Kilroy the Ninja

And technically, the first crusade was successful in liberating the Holy Lands from muslim control. The consecutive crusades were ineffective in anything more than tainting the middle east's attitudes toward Western Europeans and their decendants for the next several hundred years.

The sack of Constantinople was unfortunate, and if anyone was paying attention, all of those particular crusaders were excommunicated - several times.

[quote name='james' date='Apr 7 2005, 01:44 PM'] Here are the names of the Jewish neocons who led us to war in Iraq:

Norman Podhoretz
Irving Kristol
Midge Decter
Paul Wolfowitz
Douglas Feith
I. Lewis Libby
Elliot Abrams
Dov Zakheim
Robert B. Zoellick
Richard Perle
Eliot Cohen
William Kristol
Robert Kagan
David Wurmser
Joshua Muravchik
Meyrav Wurmser
Irwin Stelzer
Michael Ledeen
Daniel Pipes
Lawrence Kaplan
Charles Krauthammer
David Brooks
John Podhoretz
Neal Kozodoy
Jonah Goldberg

And once again, I remind you, this quote:

"The war in Iraq was conceived by 25 neoconservative intellectuals, most of them Jewish, who are pushing President Bush to change the course of history."

was taken from Israeli newspaper, Haaretz.

Why are you people arguing against a point which the Jewish press conceeds? [/quote]
Nope, no rant on Jews here!!!!!!!

I am a prophet.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 6 2005, 02:43 AM'] Can I shake your hand? I think I like you. :) [/quote]
A hug would be better.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Apr 7 2005, 04:47 PM'] Nope, no rant on Jews here!!!!!!!

I am a prophet.

[/quote]

You're a philosemite.

You've recently been upgraded to "church scholar" as well, I see.

It must have been your lack of understanding of the properly formed conscience which gained you the new title.

Wear it with pride, "Church Scholar."

ad hominems don't look good on you.

Incidentally, if you are calling me a [i]philosemite[/i], then I consider it a compliment.

Cam

[quote]You're a philosemite[/quote]

Honestly I tried looking that up in the dictionary to no avail. If it means "quite knowledgeable and very huggable than..well that sums it up!! That's Camster!

Or is it from that Men at Work song "Land Down Under"?

[i]I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"

He just smiled and gave me a pholosemite sandwich

[/i]

At any rate,

C'mon James just say it once... you'll feel better

loooooooove the Jewwwwws!

Edited by jaime

MichaelFilo

Well, we as Americans do not speak of our WWII failings towards the other ethnicities. Very little is ever said about how we took Japense-born and American-born Japenese men and women into concentration camps, huddled them in poor living conditions, worked them like dogs, and treated them like dogs. But that is ok, Hitler killed Jews, no one cares about other holocausts. Stalin and his collectivization that caused famine, the murder of the Kulaks, and the purges could account for at least 2x as much in the "holocaust" count. We do use the Nazi's as a reference point.

Israel does not NEED that money. Until the 20th century, it wasn't even a country (for a very long time). FEeding it money to kill Palastinians (at least that isn't the intent, but what actually happens with said money) is sad. A war takes two sides.

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='Kilroy the Ninja' date='Apr 7 2005, 03:26 PM'] actually the term jihad has two meanings to muslims.

It can refer to the internal struggle to live according to Islam.

And it can refer to a specific external fight for Islam.

The media has [mostly] given it the connotation of "Holy War" to the term but really the word "struggle" is more appripo. [/quote]
[i]anyways[/i], i was simply stating that jihad is not a requirement. :cyclops:

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Apr 7 2005, 05:33 PM']

C'mon James just say it once... you'll feel better

loooooooove the Jewwwwws! [/quote]
I'm, interested hot stuff, what are your feelings about the Jew who did this to the statue of our Blessed Mother above the Church of the Nativity of our Lord in Bethlehem?

[img]http://users.rcn.com/salski/No26Folder/Our_Lady.jpg[/img]

If anyone is interested in finding out more about this desecration of the Blessed Mother by the Israeli military there's another thread that deals with that topic here:

[url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=31947"]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=31947[/url]

Edited by james

so you're persecuting every Jew because of a few bad apples? um...yea...

...because [i]all[/i] Catholics are perfect. :rolleyes:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='james' date='Apr 7 2005, 07:26 PM'] I'm, interested hot stuff, what are your feelings about the Jew who did this to the statue of our Blessed Mother above the Church of the Nativity of our Lord in Bethlehem?

[img]http://users.rcn.com/salski/No26Folder/Our_Lady.jpg[/img] [/quote]
I'm a 100% orthodox devout Catholic.

I'm also Jewish.

Cut it out.