An Old School Catholic Message Board

John Paul The Great!

Livin_the_MASS

Do you think the Holy Father should get this title?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Damiano' date='02 February 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1265088075' post='2049513']
*["Then why is there the Liturgy of the Word in Mass?"]

***There is no liturgy of the Word in the Mass. In point of fact the Mass is a REPUDIATION of the Word and an abomination in the eyes of God. It makes the efficacy of Christ's sacrifice of no effect. Roman Catholics who depend on the Mass to save them will perish because it denies that Christ's sacrifice was sufficient.

Damiano
[/quote]

Are you sure you used to be a Catholic? Because I have NO CLUE what Mass you attended.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Damiano' date='01 February 2010 - 03:17 AM' timestamp='1265008657' post='2048757']
***I know exactly what the Catholic Church teaches for I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools through college (Loyola University-Chicago). I converted to Christianity in 1992.

Damiano
[/quote]

:biglol: You can't convert to what you already are.

Im gonna say this one more time.
Start a new topic this thread is unrelated to your issues.

*["You can't convert to what you already are."]

***Your assumption that because I was raised as a Catholic means that I was a Christian is in error. I was raised as a Catholic by my well meaning parents and I had no choice in the matter. When I got older and had time to search the Scriptures for myself I discovered that the doctrines and pronouncements of the RC church did NOT agree with the dictates of Scripture---and, in fact, were CONTRARY to the dictates of Scripture. The SACRIFICE of Christ according to Roman Catholicism is a CONTINUING one (not completed) and the Catholic has NO ASSURANCE of eternal life. In CONTRAST the SACRIFICE of the Christ of Sola Scriptura (which Biblical Christianity trusts in) is a FINISHED one [John 19:30]---and the person who trusts in HIM has the ASSURANCE that he HAS eternal life for Jesus said: "Verily, verily I say unto you, He that HEARETH my word, and BELIEVETH him that sent me, hath eternal life, and cometh not into judgment, but hath passed out of death into life [John 5:24]. Here our Lord clearly teaches that, (1) The believer NOW has eternal life, (2) He does NOT come into judgment, (3) He has PASSED from DEATH into LIFE. All three of these blessings are given SOLELY on the basis that one has HEARD and BELIEVED the promise of Christ. As a Catholic growing up in the Church I had never heard that the Lord Jesus Christ died once for all at the end of the world and that He doesn't have to die again on any man-made altar---or that I know that I have passed from DEATH unto LIFE ETERNAL by TRUST in HIM ALONE...But glory to God Almighty I know it NOW!!! My prayer for you is that someday you will know of a peace that surpasses all understanding and will have the ASSURANCE that by simple faith in Him ALONE you may have LIFE ETERNAL.

*["Im gonna say this one more time. Start a new topic this thread is unrelated to your issues."]

***Agreed.

Damiano

[spoiler] As a side note, it seems like Damiano's central argument is as follows:

[spoiler][img]http://apleasingfiveness.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/no_u.jpg[/img] [/spoiler][/spoiler]

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='02 February 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1265151778' post='2049995']
[spoiler] As a side note, it seems like Damiano's central argument is as follows:

[spoiler][img]http://apleasingfiveness.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/no_u.jpg[/img] [/spoiler][/spoiler]
[/quote]

You'll have to excuse Nihil. He sometimes does state hindering things. What he meant was...

[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][img]http://www.lolcats.com/images/u/07/38/lolcatsdotcomqmb89lbyjmqmkwoe.jpg[/img][/spoiler][spoiler][img]http://www.funnyjunksite.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/funny_cat_pictures_089.jpg[/img][/spoiler][spoiler][img]http://apleasingfiveness.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/no_u.jpg[/img] [/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Edited by Veridicus

HisChildForever

[quote name='Damiano' date='02 February 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1265151635' post='2049993']
*["You can't convert to what you already are."]

***Your assumption that because I was raised as a Catholic means that I was a Christian is in error. I was raised as a Catholic by my well meaning parents and I had no choice in the matter. When I got older and had time to search the Scriptures for myself I discovered that the doctrines and pronouncements of the RC church did NOT agree with the dictates of Scripture---and, in fact, were CONTRARY to the dictates of Scripture. The SACRIFICE of Christ according to Roman Catholicism is a CONTINUING one (not completed) and the Catholic has NO ASSURANCE of eternal life. In CONTRAST the SACRIFICE of the Christ of Sola Scriptura (which Biblical Christianity trusts in) is a FINISHED one [John 19:30]---and the person who trusts in HIM has the ASSURANCE that he HAS eternal life for Jesus said: "Verily, verily I say unto you, He that HEARETH my word, and BELIEVETH him that sent me, hath eternal life, and cometh not into judgment, but hath passed out of death into life [John 5:24]. Here our Lord clearly teaches that, (1) The believer NOW has eternal life, (2) He does NOT come into judgment, (3) He has PASSED from DEATH into LIFE. All three of these blessings are given SOLELY on the basis that one has HEARD and BELIEVED the promise of Christ. As a Catholic growing up in the Church I had never heard that the Lord Jesus Christ died once for all at the end of the world and that He doesn't have to die again on any man-made altar---or that I know that I have passed from DEATH unto LIFE ETERNAL by TRUST in HIM ALONE...But glory to God Almighty I know it NOW!!! My prayer for you is that someday you will know of a peace that surpasses all understanding and will have the ASSURANCE that by simple faith in Him ALONE you may have LIFE ETERNAL.

*["Im gonna say this one more time. Start a new topic this thread is unrelated to your issues."]

***Agreed.

Damiano
[/quote]

I like the use of caps, man, HOLLA.