An Old School Catholic Message Board

ask da nun

materdei

that makes sense. No i was being honest. I thought about that a lot. (as far as the possibility of entering a monastery) I would find it difficult to let go of, unless required to.

Thanks for answering and not taking it the wrong way.

:)

[quote name='anchoress' date='Jun 21 2005, 09:07 AM']And waiting time; is it fanciful to compare it to getting a trousseau or bottom drawer ready spiritually? and to enjoy doing so...
[right][snapback]617843[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is a very romantic thought! Yes, preparing for the Bridegroom!

For Carly and others who are waiting. Two things occur... What you are doing is a huge, huge thing.... and there will be things you will miss, and not necessarily the things you expect to miss. Try a postiive relinquishment in prayer these precious weeks.. Look at your life now; all that you enjoy, and give it to Jesus day by day. "Will you give all this up for me if I ask that of you?" Also, as Jesus on the Cross thought about Mary, giving her into the care of the disciples, give as much as you can in all ways to your family these weeks. Think about them more than about you; leave your love with them as Jesus did. The sacrifice is their's too and without the fulfilment you will have. An old Franciscan saying is, " God first, others second, self last". do all you can for them now...

jezic; bless you and thank you....
. No one finds it easy to relinquish what they love. But it is possible.. And utterly rewarding.....

blessings this day....

anchoress, a question i asked earlier, do you get excited to pray?

Cause honestly i would be. The times of quiet are so amazing and so few and far between in life today. I hope that is going to change very soon for me. I think it will. :)

like do you have times set aside for serious prayer that you just wait and long for and see as the summit of life outside the Eucharist?

Thank you for those words on waiting, anchoress, and please keep me in your prayers as I strive to follow that this summer, as Entrance is a mere two months away. God bless and Mary keep you!

Crusader03; you and all of you are in my prayers every day and many times a day.. And it is fine to PM me. Angels walk with you and watch over you all...

jezic. I understand now; thank you. No, not in the way you are meaning. It is very different for me, not being out there. I can remember way back feeling as you describe, before Evening Prayer at Church. Excited then yes. Now, Prayer runs through all I do alone here so it is different. I don't "have" to wait for a set time now to Pray.... I can stop whenever He calls me into PrayerI.And as in all MOnastic life, all becomes Prayer. Maybe Sister Materdei can answer tthat one better; if you are living physically in community, then you need set times as I think you mean. While we all base our Prayer on the Divine Office, my day is more fluid here. So Jesus sets the pace, and surprises me often. A book you might enjoy and find enlightening on all this is "Nazarena; American Anchoress" by Thomas Matus...
Blessings this summer night.....

Marieteresa

Hey I have another question

If one applied to an order which was out of the country would the Mother Superior consider having the person come visit or would the Mother Superior recommend that they found an suitable order in there own country? Lets say I live in the US and wanted to enter an order in Ireland or Italy.

In Jesus, Our Blessed Mother, and Joseph,
S. Brooks :P

[quote name='jezic' date='Jun 22 2005, 01:30 PM']alright cool :)
[right][snapback]619338[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think that the order would ask you to come visit. People enter communities in other countries all the time; it is not that unusual at all!
By the way, I think it's cool you are interested in communities outside of the country! :)

Ah, we could surely use a few young Nuns over here...
Renewal is not happening.......
How about it! The world is so small these days .....
Blessings this perfect summer morning......