An Old School Catholic Message Board

GAYS TO PROTEST AT MASS

MC Just

Fides_et_Ratio

I echo the question earlier... is there a way to discover if they'll be disrupting Mass at our parish?

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='May 12 2005, 06:44 PM'] I echo the question earlier... is there a way to discover if they'll be disrupting Mass at our parish? [/quote]
If anyone dared even show up at our parish in a rainbow sash - he'd be dead! (I kid you not! - and I mean this in a good way about my parish!)

"...obscene and disgusting acts... terrible disorder... Satan and the demons..."

Well I'd say something, but it would look too much like angry ranting in a empty room.

[quote name='Socrates' date='May 12 2005, 06:58 PM'] If anyone dared even show up at our parish in a rainbow sash - he'd be dead! (I kid you not! - and I mean this in a good way about my parish!) [/quote]
Are you one of those crazy Texans too? :P :)

I think they're most organized around major cathedrals. the only people that might show up at regular joe parishes would probably be independent sympathzers with the cause

hmm... Jesus had a whip... I have an alluminum baseball bat that would probably be just as effective....

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='Socrates' date='May 12 2005, 06:58 PM'] If anyone dared even show up at our parish in a rainbow sash - he'd be dead! (I kid you not! - and I mean this in a good way about my parish!) [/quote]
Well, normally I'd think my parish safe-- but we've had some incidences in my diocese and the overwhelming number of "John Kerry" buttons at my parish was sickening. And as well, my parish has been hosting a West Vicariate (open to the whole diocese) Eucharistic talk every Wednesday and the Church has been more than half empty!

I think my pastor could handle it (and our hospitality team is top notch)... but, Father DEFINITELY doesn't need anymore stress.

I read on their official site that they sent a letter (of "warning" , perhaps?) to all bishops in the States.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Well i don't know how it would be taken at my church. I mean its a Jesuit church. Silly Jesuits. They seem to be more loyal to their own society then to the Church.

[quote name='philothea' date='May 12 2005, 07:10 PM'] Are you one of those crazy Texans too? :P :) [/quote]
No, I'm a crazy Virginian!

Eeep! Virginians! :hide:

:)

Sorry, I suppose I should be more serious...

Anyway, I hope for their sakes that no one shows up in a rainbow sash!

KizlarAgha

How can you possibly mean for murder in a good way?

[quote name='MC Just' date='May 12 2005, 07:06 PM'] May 12, 2005

GAYS TO PROTEST AT MASS

On May 15, Pentecost Sunday, a group of radical gay activists plan to enter various Catholic churches across the nation during Mass to stage a protest. The group, Rainbow Sash, has done this in the past and is planning to do so again this Sunday.

They have instructed their members to put the rainbow sash over their left shoulder and pin it to their right hip while the priest is processing to the altar. They are then told to go to Holy Communion and, if refused, to return to their seats in the pew and stand while everyone else is kneeling. The sash, they readily admit, is worn as a symbol of protest against the teachings of the Catholic Church on sexuality.

Catholic League president William Donohue commented as follows:

“Last year, Cardinal McCarrick of Washington, D.C. and Cardinal George of Chicago banned Rainbow Sash members from receiving the Eucharist. Cardinal Mahony of Los Angeles, Archbishop Flynn of St. Paul and Minneapolis and Bishop Clark of Rochester, New York did not ban them. This year Archbishop Flynn has told Rainbow Sash that they will be banned. He explicitly said that ‘the Vatican has communicated to me that it does indeed consider the wearing of the Rainbow Sash during reception of Communion to be unacceptable, a directive I believe all Bishops will adhere to.’

“This year, Rainbow Sash has upped the ante. In its May 2 press release, it said that the purpose of their presence is to ‘counter the lies that Pope Benedict XVI is promoting about our community’; it also said that to many gays and lesbians the new pope is an ‘aggressive homophobe.’

“By calling the pope a liar and a homophobe, Rainbow Sash has finally taken off its mask. We look for them to get what they want—to be denied Communion. We also hope the cops are standing by. To exploit the Mass for political purposes is obscene, but it is what we have come to expect from the likes of Rainbow Sash.” [/quote]
Blasphemers! :angry: :mad: :angered: :punch:

I pray that I do not see this. It will be hard to show charity and not resort to force.

This is the type of thing that is totally unacceptable.

Haven't they figured it out yet, according to their terminology, God is a "homophobe" and they need to take the issue up with Him directly.

This kind of utter irreverence for the Lord would get them the death sentence in another time. For their contempt and misleading of the weak minded - this group should be eliminated. The needs of the many, the children that they will corrupt, outweigh their selfish want for an abomination. Those who go against the Lord will parish, either sooner or later. We can see how great God's mercy is because he lets these demented low lifes live.

I will say something... I will say it with charity, and I pray it stops there. Something along the lines of "Please show reverence for the Lord and I will be happy to talk with you about your concerns after Mass, outside." - and whatever else comes to mind... scripture... Catechism... etc...

God Bless,
ironmonk

he said nothing about murder

besides, he was using hyperbole, not literally talking about killing

but again; there is a difference between "murder" and "killing" and the post said nothing of murder

EDIT: Ironmonk, sometimes there is no contradiction between charity and force; but I'm sure you know that. the most charitable thing for Jesus to do was fashion a whip and drive the moneychangers out of the temple by force.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Aloysius' date='May 12 2005, 08:18 PM'] he said nothing about murder

besides, he was using hyperbole, not literally talking about killing

but again; there is a difference between "murder" and "killing" and the post said nothing of murder [/quote]
Killing someone wearing a rainbow sash strikes me as murder. But that's just me and I'm crazy sometimes.

he was using hyperbole clearly... like when I say right now I'm sooo dead because I didn't do my hw for tomarrow! yeah, if the teacher killed me it would be murder.

and yeah purposeful killing of a rainbow sasher would be murder... but threatening them with an alluminum baseball bat to drive them out of the Church might just be Christ-like IMHO

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Aloysius' date='May 12 2005, 08:22 PM'] he was using hyperbole clearly... like when I say right now I'm sooo dead because I didn't do my hw for tomarrow! yeah, if the teacher killed me it would be murder.

and yeah purposeful killing of a rainbow sasher would be murder... but threatening them with an alluminum baseball bat to drive them out of the Church might just be Christ-like IMHO [/quote]
Well I thought "I kid you not" meant that he wasn't kidding.

Anyway, yeah, I think you're right. Christ was pretty wrathful at times and there's certainly something wrong with holding protests during mass - that's just obscene. There's already enough disrespect for Christ in my diocese (yay for Mahoney :angry: ) without dealing with this too.