An Old School Catholic Message Board

GAYS TO PROTEST AT MASS

MC Just

Ash Wednesday

The majority of these activities will probably take place in very large urban churches in Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco. Basically in pockets of already rampant heterodox activity where people pat each other on the back for their "activism." They aren't really performing acts of bravery.

Will Cardinal George and McCarrick uphold their bans? Were they effective ever since last year and still stand?

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='May 12 2005, 08:27 PM'] The majority of these activities will probably take place in very large urban churches in Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco. Basically in pockets of already rampant heterodox activity where people pat each other on the back for their "activism." They aren't really performing acts of bravery.
[/quote]
Wow that sounds really familiar...

You're absolutely right. It's like all the gay rights protests on my university campus. You're on a liberal california campus: What are you protesting? What's courageous about this?

DemonSlayer

Apparently the Mass means absolutely nothing for these people, why would they even want to recieve the Eucharist if they think it's okay to disrespect the Mass, by going there for another purpose than to recieve Christ.

return2truth

Anyone who interferes with anyone else's religious service is greivously disrespectful. How can they expect to deserve respect in return?

This thread disgusts me. You act as if homosexuals aren't people, calling this a disorder. If someone had alcholism, would they be allowed to recieve Communion? Is that not also condemned in the Bible?

It's hypocritical to think you are so much better than them. You oppress them, and they just want it to end, so you send death threats? Sounds like a bully in a middle school. Look past your hatefilled arguments and try to formulate some sense into all of this. They are as different from "us" as black people are from whites.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Curt F.' date='May 12 2005, 09:11 PM'] This thread disgusts me. You act as if homosexuals aren't people, calling this a disorder. If someone had alcholism, would they be allowed to recieve Communion? Is that not also condemned in the Bible?

It's hypocritical to think you are so much better than them. You oppress them, and they just want it to end, so you send death threats? Sounds like a bully in a middle school. Look past your hatefilled arguments and try to formulate some sense into all of this. They are as different from "us" as black people are from whites. [/quote]
Actually, I've said nothing of the sort. The fact is, it is completely inappropriate to protest the policies of the Church during mass. That's all there is to it. I'm perfectly willing to have an open and honest dialogue with homosexual individuals, respecting them and trying to understand the choices they make. However, there is a forum for that dialogue and it isn't the mass.

[quote name='return2truth' date='May 12 2005, 09:03 PM'] Anyone who interferes with anyone else's religious service is greivously disrespectful. How can they expect to deserve respect in return? [/quote]
That is one of the ONLY remarks I can agree with in this post.

Proposing violence will only allow for more violence.

We need to put this into context;

1. the disrespect of our religion and the church
2. the homosexuality issue

I have been debating this issue long enough (over 15 years in a vast variety of circles) to tell you the tactic being used here by the pro-homos is simple; PROVOKE THEM WITH DISRESPECT, AND LET THEIR ACTION SPEAK AGAINST THEIR OBJECTIONS TO HOMOSEXUALITY

If you react to them in ANY way, believe me, that is what they want because that gives them amo to continue their cause.

Their aim is to confuse the issue. Using our outrage towards their disrespect to justify their views. Doesn't make sense does it? Believe me, it works. It is a popular media trick, typical propaganda.

To react to them in the church is not the way, and non-violent approaches such as theirs SHOULD NOT be met with violence. (if they where coming by with knives and guns and ready to use them, THEN you get ready to meet violence with violence). This matter should not be escaladed.

Rather I think this protest should be met at the same level. The catholic sash idea, and taken to one of THEIR groups. That takes the battle to THEIR home field, and makes them react, and thus GIVES US THE AMMO TO FIGHT.

Pick your fights, choose your moments, and inside a church is NOT the place nor the time for such things.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Didacus' date='May 12 2005, 09:20 PM'] That is one of the ONLY remarks I can agree with in this post.

Proposing violence will only allow for more violence.

We need to put this into context;

1. the disrespect of our religion and the church
2. the homosexuality issue

I have been debating this issue long enough (over 15 years in a vast variety of circles) to tell you the tactic being used here by the pro-homos is simple; PROVOKE THEM WITH DISRESPECT, AND LET THEIR ACTION SPEAK AGAINST THEIR OBJECTIONS TO HOMOSEXUALITY

If you react to them in ANY way, believe me, that is what they want because that gives them amo to continue their cause.

Their aim is to confuse the issue. Using our outrage towards their disrespect to justify their views. Doesn't make sense does it? Believe me, it works. It is a popular media trick, typical propaganda.

To react to them in the church is not the way, and non-violent approaches such as theirs SHOULD NOT be met with violence. (if they where coming by with knives and guns and ready to use them, THEN you get ready to meet violence with violence). This matter should not be escaladed.

Rather I think this protest should be met at the same level. The catholic sash idea, and taken to one of THEIR groups. That takes the battle to THEIR home field, and makes them react, and thus GIVES US THE AMMO TO FIGHT.

Pick your fights, choose your moments, and inside a church is NOT the place nor the time for such things. [/quote]
Indeed. I definitely second the violence thing. We aren't called to behave like that.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 12 2005, 09:17 PM'] Actually, I've said nothing of the sort. The fact is, it is completely inappropriate to protest the policies of the Church during mass. That's all there is to it. I'm perfectly willing to have an open and honest dialogue with homosexual individuals, respecting them and trying to understand the choices they make. However, there is a forum for that dialogue and it isn't the mass. [/quote]
Oh, trust me, I in no way agree with the policy's of these people, but they slander I am hearing against gays in this thread is disgusting.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Curt F.' date='May 12 2005, 09:24 PM'] Oh, trust me, I in no way agree with the policy's of these people, but they slander I am hearing against gays in this thread is disgusting. [/quote]
Yes. Murdering homosexuals and using violence is uncharitable. However, it seems that since the catechism says homosexuality is "objectively disordered," people take it to mean they can say whatever ill of others they want.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Curt F.' date='May 12 2005, 11:11 PM'] This thread disgusts me. You act as if homosexuals aren't people, calling this a disorder. If someone had alcholism, would they be allowed to recieve Communion? Is that not also condemned in the Bible?

It's hypocritical to think you are so much better than them. You oppress them, and they just want it to end, so you send death threats? Sounds like a bully in a middle school. Look past your hatefilled arguments and try to formulate some sense into all of this. They are as different from "us" as black people are from whites. [/quote]
It IS a dis-order, because their affections are against the natural order of things laid down by God.

If a person came up to communion bearing a sign saying" I am murderer who has not repented" do you think they would get Communion? Or an adulturer, or a thief?

You wear a sign proudly proclaiming your sin you have NO right to be in line for Holy Communion.

THis has nothing to do with oppression and everything to do with public sin of scandal.

infinitelord1

[quote name='SarahB' date='May 12 2005, 05:27 PM'] Well....we know that the Church has been infiltrated by Satan and the demons....and that they influence those at the highest level. It really isn't such a surprise....just a disappointment. [/quote]
when did this happen?

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 12 2005, 10:20 PM'] Killing someone wearing a rainbow sash strikes me as murder.  But that's just me and I'm crazy sometimes. [/quote]
Good way of taking things out of context.

If you knew Christ, you would understand how serious this crime would be.

If you had an open mind to truth, then maybe you would ask yourself "why is this so serious?" and actually study to find an answer instead of assuming you know things you obviously do not comprehend.

Get educated:
[url="http://www.catholic-pages.com/dir/sacrifice.asp"]http://www.catholic-pages.com/dir/sacrifice.asp[/url]

[url="http://www.catholic-pages.com/dir/reverence.asp"]http://www.catholic-pages.com/dir/reverence.asp[/url]

[url="http://www.catholic-pages.com/dir/eucharist.asp"]http://www.catholic-pages.com/dir/eucharist.asp[/url]

The rod is for the backs of geniuses, and it is the most foolish thing to not drop to our knees before our Creator!

Proverbs 26:3
The whip for the horse, the bridle for the ass, and the rod for the back of geniuses.

Your opinions are worth nothing. My opinions are worth nothing.

The only thing that matters is the Truth of God. The truth of God and the facts we know about God come from the Church. You should study the Catechism in depth along with Scripture and the Early Church Fathers to help you develop a sense of reverence for our God. Especially since you wish to be called Catholic.

These people are doing a direct attack on God - if people had the faith they should, they would not be allowed into the Church at all.

Are you the type that thinks if Christ was present that you would 'have a beer' and be buddying up to Him? If so... no you wouldn't... He IS God. He IS our King... you would be on your knees. For these people to come into God's House and tell God that He is wrong?!

WHO IS THE MAKER OF RIGHT AND WRONG?! God.

How DARE any man come into God's house to tell God that He is wrong. Woe to that fool, and woe to the geniuses that defend foolish.

[b]Romans 1:28 [/b]
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God handed them over to their undiscerning mind to do what is improper.
[b]29 [/b]They are filled with every form of wickedness, evil, greed, and malice; full of envy, murder, rivalry, treachery, and spite. They are gossips
[b]30 [/b]and scandalmongers and they hate God. They are insolent, haughty, boastful, ingenious in their wickedness, and rebellious toward their parents.
[b]31 [/b]They are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
[b]32 [/b][b]Although they know the just decree of God that all who practice such things deserve death, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them. [/b]

[b]1 Corin. 11:27 [/b]
Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will [u]have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord[/u].
[b]28 [/b]A person should examine himself, and so eat the bread and drink the cup.
[b]29 [/b]For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, [u]eats and drinks judgment on himself[/u].

It is better that someone die than commit a mortal sin.

It is better that someone die than answering for the body and blood of the Lord.

Woe to the one who does not have the reverence when approaching God.

Some people here seem not to realize the seriousness of profaning Christ in the Eucharist. :sadder:

God have mercy.

Edited by ironmonk

I am "homosexual" by society's definition, so don't give me that carp.

anyway, these people are openly declaring war on the Church by publically attempting sacriledge and promoting heresy. following the example of Christ, there is an extent of just anger that all Christians should feel. Christ's just anger was expressed when he actually made his own whip, and used it against the moneychangers in the temple because of their desecration of it. you better believe that whip actually hit some of those people and hurt, that's why they all ran out.

I would not want to hurt them, I would want to stand up yielding some sort of object that could cause them bodily harm and tell them "Out of concern for your souls and for the defence of the Most Holy Eucharist, I cannot allow you to commit this sacrilidge. You stand here at a crossroads, a decision to be made. If you continue to wear this rainbow sash, you are choosing not to be Catholic. Remove the sash out of respect and obedience to the representatives of Christ on earth, and come join us at our Eucharistic Table where you can ask Him for all clarification on those things which you have trouble understanding or believing. But know this, if you refuse to remove this sash, I cannot in good conscience allow you to pass and right now ask you to leave this sacred place."

I have a sword.. but it's more of a show sword... it could still hurt as any metal object would hurt, oh how I wish I had the courage to bring it and stand up to give them that speach..

Mess with me and I'll get over it, mess with the Eucharist and I draw my sword.