An Old School Catholic Message Board

GAYS TO PROTEST AT MASS

MC Just

return2truth

Most homosexuals think that they were born the way that they are. Those of them who want to be Catholic cannot conceive of how the Church could possibly be so biggoted against them for something that is beyond their power to control. In their minds, they are being unjustly excluded because of who they are. In truth, they are being excluded because of what they do.

If homosexuals really wants to remain in full communion with the Catholic Church, they should honestly examine their lives and try to identify what aspects of their lives led them to be attracted to the same sex. They should try to recognize that their yearning for the same sex is not born out of a biological compulsion, but an emotional or psychological deficit that developed early in their lives. They should seek treatment to help abate this emotional disorder. They should attempt to appreciate why God has decreed it to be immoral, for in the practice of it, the full sacredness of the sacrament of Mariage can never be celebrated, only mocked.

I shall not judge homosexuals. Instead, I will pray that someday the longing they feel in their hearts will be replaced by the light of God and that they will learn how to put Him first before themselves.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='return2truth' date='May 13 2005, 11:14 AM'] Most homosexuals think that they were born the way that they are. Those of them who want to be Catholic cannot conceive of how the Church could possibly be so biggoted against them for something that is beyond their power to control. In their minds, they are being unjustly excluded because of who they are. In truth, they are being excluded because of what they do.

If homosexuals really wants to remain in full communion with the Catholic Church, they should honestly examine their lives and try to identify what aspects of their lives led them to be attracted to the same sex. They should try to recognize that their yearning for the same sex is not born out of a biological compulsion, but an emotional or psychological deficit that developed early in their lives. They should seek treatment to help abate this emotional disorder. They should attempt to appreciate why God has decreed it to be immoral, for in the practice of it, the full sacredness of the sacrament of Mariage can never be celebrated, only mocked.

I shall not judge homosexuals. Instead, I will pray that someday the longing they feel in their hearts will be replaced by the light of God and that they will learn how to put Him first before themselves. [/quote]
Most evidence these days leads scientists to believe that homosexuals are indeed born homosexuals. At the very least, many studies have shown significant biological differences between heterosexual men and homosexual men. The fact that the Church calls them to deny this aspect of themselves isn't unfair or unjust, but I think that curbing an aspect of themselves is exactly what the Church calls them to do.