An Old School Catholic Message Board

What kind of a person do you think YOU'LL marry?

Josh Kroeger

should i be called to the vocation of marriage,

i hope to marry a girl that is strong in what she believes to be true in faith. i hope that we have many interests in common--music, sports, etc... so that there's not a huge difference of opinion on how to spend our time together. i would pray that she's confident in herself, that she aspires to reach the goals she sets down the path of spending the rest of our lives together.

i could pray for forever that she's the most breathtaking person on earth... but the last couple of years have shown me that i know now how to see a person on the inside--and just how beautiful their soul can be, rather than their body.

that's only the beginning... it's not worth it to go into ticky-tacky details like "doesn't smoke or drink, wants this # of children, loves horror movies", because in the end, love overcomes any obstacles in those areas. if God wants it to happen--you better believe it will happen His way, and not yours.

Proud2BCatholic139

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Aug 23 2005, 09:59 PM']Well she'd be perfect since i am :cool:
haha she would have to be insane like me :shock:
[right][snapback]696614[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Squirrel warrior, I don't know about you.

I'm pretty sure I am the saint in training :saint:

YAY!!!

Proud2BCatholic139

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' date='Aug 3 2005, 07:27 AM']Right now within my life, I am feeling torn on what God's vocation is for me. Mostly, I feel the call to the Sacrament of Marriage. That, the fact being, I love kids, and to answer your question, I would like a nice, strong, Catholic male who puts God, our Heavenly Father, first. Pefect example- St. Joseph and Jesus Christ. One who will also love kids, will be there for me for better and for worse. So, Religion is my number one priority. Second, is personality. I have an unique personality...I'm not going to lie. My future spouse has to have a sense of humor, otherwise, (well, yeah, it would be just bad.) One who likes to joke, and etc. I look to see how he treats his mom and the people around him. Man, this is kind of long. Yeah, then physical attractiveness...I don't really look for that, but there, to some degree, has to be some physical attraction there. Um...I don't make physical attraction number one priority. So, here is my post...yay!

:D:
[right][snapback]669656[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I forgot to mention, I would like to marry a virgin!! :saint: :blush: :)

goldenchild17

A Catholic girl comparable in the particulars of Catholicism(ie. Latin Mass conservative but not ultra-conservative). Willing to homeschool the children(all 20 of em :D, well maybe not quite that many...) There's lots of other things, but these are really the two deciding factors for me.

the kind of guy that I think I'll marry... it's pretty simple

no matter what his beliefs (I REALLY hope that he's die-hard Roman Catholic, but if I love someone who's not RC, I can't deny my heart that), he'll respect mine and won't push me to do anything that goes against them (abortion, sex B4 marriage, want me to go somewhere on sunday morning that makes me miss Mass...) just stuff like that

qualities that wouldn't hurt... willing to play games/sports (I love being physically active), likes the show ALIAS, and wants to have like 10 cats when they get their own place.... lol ;)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='got2luvjc' date='Aug 27 2005, 09:59 PM']wants to have like 10 cats when they get their own place.... lolĀ  ;)
[right][snapback]702114[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:hehehe:

that's cool.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Aug 28 2005, 12:01 AM']:hehehe:

that's cool.
[right][snapback]702115[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i sensed some sarcasm in that reply... :shock: :unsure:

Good Catholic.
Passionate
Emotionally stable
Understanding
Likes LOTR
Will tell me when he thinks Im wrong and when Im right
Will love me for my goodness
Chaste, prudent, uses temperance in all things
Patient
Kind
Sacrificial
A gentleman
Will get to know my family well.

I cant think of anything else off the top of me head...Ah well. :-)