An Old School Catholic Message Board

What kind of a person do you think YOU'LL marry?

Josh Kroeger

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 21 2005, 11:13 AM'](don't you know that quoting things doesn't make them die any faster)

My girl will most definately have a love affair with the Eucharist as well.
Plus, she'd enjoy the privelege of being the only person in the world that can tell me, in whatever mood she is in, to shut up, and I'd more than likely obey.
[right][snapback]595923[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That would be what I would do! :lol:

Ora et Labora

[quote name='sarcasmguy126' date='Aug 10 2005, 02:34 PM']did I mention she would have to be a virgin?
[right][snapback]680611[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That would be good! lol

sarcasmguy126

[quote name='Christie_M' date='Aug 12 2005, 11:20 PM']what's s/n?
[right][snapback]683753[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

the "sarcasm" part, i meant

inthelight009

My dream guys is:
Practicing Catholic,Charismatic, Honest, Intelligent, Non-smoker, Wants children, Respects all life, good at Discernment, Really mushy, Conservative, More optimistic then pessimistic, Someone who can challenge me to be the person I want to be, Can skate, Believes chivalry is not dead, Good sense of humor, Very generous… gives what he can, Humble, Confident, Reads Scripture regularly, Is chaste not wants to be chaste, Not materialistic, Likes to sing even if he isn’t that good, Strong faith

Wat i want in a guy: devout Catholic, chaste, respects life, won't use birth control if we were married, honest, intelligient, sweet, funny, gentleman (opens doors for me, pays for me, gives me his coat if im cold), gentle, strong, calm, doesnt' anger easily but forgives easily, secure in his masculinity w/out being macho, respects us ladies and our dignity, isn't afraid to cry, would want his friends to meet me, wouldn't be afraid to introduce me to his parents or to meet mine, holds me when i'm sad, loves kids and wants alot, not just of our own but to adopt, loves giving to charities, is selfless, and that's my perfect guy.

And if he also happened to like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Yankees, the Cowboys, U2, Braveheart, the Passion of the Christ, Johnny Depp's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and music in general, and if he's cute, that would be OK, lol, but that's not a prerequisite, :D: :lol_roll:

Edited by avemaria40

God-willing, I will marry a guy who is...a strong, practicing Catholic, loving, caring, sensitive (to an extent), [u]honest[/u], respectful, romantic,
considerate, appreciates my sense of humor, has a sense of humor, will make me smile and laugh, shares my interests, and if not, genuinely respects them, follows ALL the Church's teachings, admits he's wrong when he's wrong, isn't overpowered by his beaver dam male ego :wacko: , doesn't drink (drink, as in get trashed constantly), smoke, do drugs, or any of that garbage. He will inspire me and make me want to be a better person. Being with him, I will grow closer to Christ, not away from Him. I will be able to laugh with him, cry with him, joke with him, be serious with him, for richer or poorer, better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part, AMEN!

Yeah...goodluck, right? :lol: ;)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='annabelle87' date='Aug 21 2005, 07:44 PM']God-willing, I will marry a guy who is...a strong, practicing Catholic, loving, caring, sensitive (to an extent), [u]honest[/u], respectful, romantic,
considerate, appreciates my sense of humor, has a sense of humor, will make me smile and laugh, shares my interests, and if not, genuinely respects them, follows ALL the Church's teachings, admits he's wrong when he's wrong, isn't overpowered by his beaver dam male ego :wacko: , doesn't drink (drink, as in get trashed constantly), smoke, do drugs, or any of that garbage. He will inspire me and make me want to be a better person. Being with him, I will grow closer to Christ, not away from Him. I will be able to laugh with him, cry with him, joke with him, be serious with him, for richer or poorer, better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part, AMEN!
Yeah...goodluck, right?  :lol:  ;)
[right][snapback]693492[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sounds reasonable to me. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who have all of the more important qualities you listed. You might have to compromise on the little things, like you may not find a guy who shares "all" of your interests. But it can be good to have some different interests. It can be mutually enriching.

God bless.