Sojourner Posted September 4, 2007 Posted September 4, 2007 I prefer wearing my jeans slightly below the waist. They really do look better and feel better, and as long as you wear other things properly (long enough shirt, proper undies) it shouldn't be an issue as far as modesty. I wear jeans on a regular rotation, but I also often wear dress pants and skirts or dresses. Today I am wearing a dress. In winter, I wear jeans more often, and almost never wear skirts. Not a big fan of cold air on legs, even if I'm wearing tights ...
XIX Posted September 4, 2007 Posted September 4, 2007 To put it bluntly, I shouldn't have to look at your undies, period. If you are wearing pants below the waist, I would kindly recommend that you wear a long enough shirt. And be careful about it scrunching up on you--the shirt has to cover the waist if your pants don't.
Lil Red Posted September 4, 2007 Posted September 4, 2007 i'm getting so sick of seeing people's underwear!! pull up your darn pants (for guys) and get pants that are more than 2 inches above your crotch (for girls)!!!!
Sojourner Posted September 4, 2007 Posted September 4, 2007 My natural waist is pretty high, so it's not hard to be modest and have things below the waist. Wearing things at my waist looks weird.
uruviel Posted September 4, 2007 Posted September 4, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1378038' date='Sep 4 2007, 05:40 PM']I prefer wearing my jeans slightly below the waist. They really do look better and feel better, and as long as you wear other things properly (long enough shirt, proper undies) it shouldn't be an issue as far as modesty.[/quote] exactly, me too. I wear my jeans just below the waist, but I try to buy long shirts. I hope pants aren't the devil, because I wear pants all the time except in mass. I will wear jeans to adoration though. I just love jeans. I hate shorts, now, the bermuda shorts are ok. I like those for summer in Texas. [quote name='Lil Red' post='1378044' date='Sep 4 2007, 05:46 PM'] i'm getting so sick of seeing people's underwear!! pull up your darn pants (for guys) and get pants that are more than 2 inches above your crotch (for girls)!!!![/quote] Tell me about it!!!
iggyjoan Posted September 4, 2007 Posted September 4, 2007 [quote name='Budge' post='1377994' date='Sep 4 2007, 04:03 PM']If youre a girl, wear a dress once in a while! Some of these women dress like construction workers.[/quote] Um, no.
iggyjoan Posted September 4, 2007 Posted September 4, 2007 [quote name='Budge' post='1377994' date='Sep 4 2007, 04:03 PM']If youre a girl, wear a dress once in a while! Some of these women dress like construction workers.[/quote] Um, no.
kateri05 Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 (edited) [quote name='hot stuff' post='1377979' date='Sep 4 2007, 02:51 PM']were they veiled jeans?[/quote] or, were they strapless jeans? Edited September 5, 2007 by kateri05
ardillacid Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 [quote name='hot stuff' post='1377663' date='Sep 4 2007, 10:24 AM']*sheepishly removes his Larry Bird shorts*[/quote] *Tips hot stuff $10*
Sojourner Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 [quote name='notardillacid' post='1378463' date='Sep 5 2007, 12:51 AM']*Tips hot stuff $10*[/quote] Is that all? I'd think you should give at least a $20 tip.
rachael Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1378484' date='Sep 5 2007, 07:50 AM']I'm wearing the devil? [/quote] you and me both.
Sojourner Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 you are both wearing the same pair of pants?
rachael Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 nope. but pants are the devil. therefore anyone who is wearing pants is wearing the devil.
homeschoolmom Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 Why are there always so many threads critical of women, what they wear and their behavior? We got "veiling" "strapless dresses" and "pants" all going right now. It gets very tiresome to constantly be debating all the time...
rachael Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 (edited) i agree. Edited September 5, 2007 by rachael
photosynthesis Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 [quote name='iggyjoan' post='1377971' date='Sep 4 2007, 05:49 PM']I wear jeans to Mass. Is that bad?[/quote] If you have something nicer, then yes.
Archaeology cat Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1378063' date='Sep 4 2007, 11:18 PM']My natural waist is pretty high, so it's not hard to be modest and have things below the waist. Wearing things at my waist looks weird.[/quote] Totally understand. I actually wear my jeans just above the hip usually, but with shirts that are long enough. I was glad of my jeans being that style when I first was pregnant, because I couldn't stand to have anything touch my waist at first. And now my jeans are just "below the bump".
knightec Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 Took the family to the mall the other day and I was amazed at the amount of flesh being shown by the teenage population. The bottom part of your behind should not be showing from underneath your shorts or your skirt. Its hard explaining to my daughters that it is not right to be showing your booty when everywhere they turned some girl was showing theirs off. I don't even want to imagine what the fashion is going to be like when my girls are teenagers.
Recommended Posts