An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ford Motor Company Supports Homosexual Movement

ironmonk

Lest we forget

Saturn markets to the gay demographic more aggressively than any other car maker.

Putting aside the moral implications of the gay lifestyle for a second, (and I'm probably going to be shot for this one), the marketing strategy makes a lot of fiscal sense for several reasons.

1. Market studies show that homosexuals have more disposable income.
2. Because they have more disposable income, they have a tendency to be less of a credit risk
3. Companies have avoided marketing to them, so they are an untapped demographic. Because of this, you can invest less to market to them than other demographics.

Nicole8223

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 31 2005, 09:54 AM'] 1. Market studies show that homosexuals have more disposable income.
2. Because they have more disposable income, they have a tendency to be less of a credit risk
3. Companies have avoided marketing to them, so they are an untapped demographic. Because of this, you can invest less to market to them than other demographics. [/quote]
I had a class this semester and my teacher was gay, and this is all he talked about. hot stuff, did you take his class before??? LOL. You hit the nail on the head. In terms of "business," this segment is the perfect one to go after. In terms of morality, IT'S NOT!

It's frustrating. I love marketing, but I don't want to work for companies who care more about money than morality. I need a job when I graduate in December, and I don't want to settle for another company like Subaru....pray for me.

(Sorry for the temporary hijack. You may now return to your regularly scheduled program.)

thessalonian

[quote]. Market studies show that homosexuals have more disposable income. [/quote]

They had to do a study to find out that people who can't possibly have children have more disposable income. :rolleyes:

Edited by thessalonian

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 31 2005, 09:54 AM'] Saturn markets to the gay demographic more aggressively than any other car maker. [/quote]
I don't know. VW seems to be really after the gay market. If I recall correctly, close to half of the top ten gay cars were made by VW.

KizlarAgha

Look, marketing to gays is good business, as hot stuff said. Besides, you're neglecting the fact that only Democrats drive Volvos, so it isn't really a big deal anyway.

And finally - are you guys nuts? So what, gay people shouldn't be allowed to buy cars? That's insane.

Nicole8223

Of course they should be allowed to buy cars. But I know working for Subaru, that they give money to support gay causes, and promote the gay lifestyle. THAT is the problem.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Nicole8223' date='May 31 2005, 10:51 AM'] Of course they should be allowed to buy cars. But I know working for Subaru, that they give money to support gay causes, and promote the gay lifestyle. THAT is the problem. [/quote]
That's so sneaky and insidious. It's almost like there's some kind of GAY AGENDA!

[quote name='thessalonian' date='May 31 2005, 10:00 AM']

They had to do a study to find out that people who can't possibly have children have more disposable income.  :rolleyes:[/quote]
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Common sense is sometimes an ellusive thing! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Oh and Nicole, I'm afraid is you are looking for a company that cares more for morals than money you're in for a long search. You have a better chance at finding a perfectly honest man! To make money is a companies reason of existing (generally speaking).

Nicole8223

I know it. I feel worried. But I also know God called me to study marketing, and I know he wouldn't ask me to compromise my values, so I trust He's got it all figured out. I just gotta wait for Him to let me know!

lil bull 04

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't believe this! No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOO! Not Ford! :angry: :angry: :sadder: :sadder:

KizlarAgha

[quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 31 2005, 11:17 AM'] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't believe this! No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOO! Not Ford! :angry: :angry: :sadder: :sadder: [/quote]
Don't worry. You can still buy a Ford car. So what if GLAAD gets a little money?

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 31 2005, 11:54 AM'] Lest we forget

Saturn markets to the gay demographic more aggressively than any other car maker.

Putting aside the moral implications of the gay lifestyle for a second, (and I'm probably going to be shot for this one), the marketing strategy makes a lot of fiscal sense for several reasons.

1. Market studies show that homosexuals have more disposable income.
3. Companies have avoided marketing to them, so they are an untapped demographic. Because of this, you can invest less to market to them than other demographics. [/quote]
It does not make any fiscal sense when one actually thinks about the outcome of marketing to them... because it pushes away families. Families make up the majority of America and reproduce... homosexuals cannot reproduce naturally, it is harder for them to reproduce than it is a normal family.

Using the same logic you stated, then people should market to the KKK or to any other niche group. The reason why it is stupid to market to them is because it offends the majority.

God Bless,
ironmonk

KizlarAgha

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 31 2005, 11:25 AM'] It does not make any fiscal sense when one actually thinks about the outcome of marketing to them... because it pushes away families. Families make up the majority of America and reproduce... homosexuals cannot reproduce naturally, it is harder for them to reproduce than it is a normal family.

Using the same logic you stated, then people should market to the KKK or to any other niche group. The reason why it is stupid to market to them is because it offends the majority.

God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
Marketing to 10% of the population that nobody markets to is brilliant. If it didn't make money they wouldn't do it. It doesn't push away families. Only a few zealots would be willing to boycott a car company based on marketing to homosexuals.