An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ford Motor Company Supports Homosexual Movement

ironmonk

Dreamweaver

Hah, Fords smell of elderberries. No one in my family has had good luck with Fords at all. Heh, I wouldn't have bought a Ford anyways, regardless if they support the homosexual movement.

Go Toyota! :P I feel like such a troll...

Ash Wednesday

Hah! I'm with you Dreamy. Fords are sucky cars to begin with.

(wonders if this thread is going to go the way of the gay macaroni thread...)

"Shame on you people. Why are we talking about gay wheels when the rainforest is burning down as we speak?"

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='May 31 2005, 08:07 PM'] Hah! I'm with you Dreamy. Fords are sucky cars to begin with.

(wonders if this thread is going to go the way of the gay macaroni thread...)

"Shame on you people. Why are we talking about gay wheels when the rainforest is burning down as we speak?" [/quote]
I dunno, for some reason people seem to think it's crucially important whether or not gay people receive any support from anyone.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 31 2005, 05:55 PM']
Your understanding of the mission of the KKK is ignorant and naive. The KKK believes in separation of races and white supremacy. Both are illegal round these parts

[/quote]
It is not illegal to seperate. There is no forced seperation. Seperation is voluntary, and if you haven't noticed, it already happens with every race. Walk into any high school lunch room in America and you will see voluntary seperation. Walk into any prison and you'll see voluntary sepration.

[quote]

First of all its not my rationalization, its theirs.  I'm just stating why it has occurred. 

Clearly if someone does not understand the concept of free will, they need to read the scriptures a few dozen times before they try to speak intelligently. 

All will be judged. You, me , the guy who came up with Jaguar ad.  Everybody.  Not in this world but the next. 

Without God as a foundation, I am stating that companies have found this to be a strong market tactic.  You don't want to buy from them?  That is your right.  But we live in a country of religious freedom.  They have the right to market to whomever they desire whether you like it or not.
[/quote]

It is not a strong marketing tatic. Some companies believe that it is a niche, but it is not a good business idea because of the losses of sales.

People do have a right to market to whomever they want - this is common knowledge... I don't think that anyone here did not know this. Maybe you haven't realized that those of us who love Christ's way have the right to boycott. There are a lot more of us that love Christ than the niche market of the homosexual lifestyle.

You know not what you speak of.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 10:09 PM'] I dunno, for some reason people seem to think it's crucially important whether or not gay people receive any support from anyone. [/quote]
H e l l o....

You need to learn the difference between promoting the homosexual lifestyle and helping someone in need.

This has NOTHING to do with people who have same sex attraction.

We're talking about "apples" and you argue that we are wrong about "cars" - that is how much logical sense your posts are making.... are you responding here to a thread you read elsewhere? It doesn't seem like you are reading things here.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 07:22 PM'] Besides, it doesn't look like God's going to be stopping Ford anytime soon... [/quote]
LOL

You don't follow the news much do you?

Ford is in major trouble. Their cars are poor quality. They have been rated the worse a company can be rated to borrow money... which is "junk".

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

[quote]It is not illegal to seperate. There is no forced seperation. Seperation is voluntary, and if you haven't noticed, it already happens with every race. Walk into any high school lunch room in America and you will see voluntary seperation. Walk into any prison and you'll see voluntary sepration.[/quote]

Perhaps for one that proclaims to love our country, you should familiarize yourself with the 14th ammendment. Its the one that makes segregation illegal. The ultimate goal of the KKK is to repeal that. They want complete segregation of all races. You infer that they are correct.

[quote] Maybe you haven't realized that those of us who love Christ's way have the right to boycott[/quote]

I believe that I said that. Yup a quick read shows that I mentioned your right to not buy their goods.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 31 2005, 08:21 PM'] H e l l o....

You need to learn the difference between promoting the homosexual lifestyle and helping someone in need.

This has NOTHING to do with people who have same sex attraction.

We're talking about "apples" and you argue that we are wrong about "cars" - that is how much logical sense your posts are making.... are you responding here to a thread you read elsewhere? It doesn't seem like you are reading things here. [/quote]
That might be true. Except it isn't. You post this not so much because you think homosexuality is a sin, but because you hate homosexuals. Not just that, but it drives you nuts to think that anybody might be helping these people in any way. You can deny it, you can backpedal, and you can lie all you want, but you're a very hate-filled person who lacks any compassion for his fellow man. Afterall, this is the same person who brought us the lovely Kraft thread.

Edited by KizlarAgha

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 09:35 PM'] You post this not so much because you think homosexuality is a sin, but because you hate homosexuals.  Not just that, but it drives you nuts to think that anybody might be helping these people in any way. [/quote]
If homosexuality is a sin, which has always been the teaching of the Church, then giving money to organizations attempting to legalize or legitimize the "homosexual lifestyle" is not helping anyone, but instead harming them, by making it easier for them to be led into sin. The truly compassionate thing to do then, would be to gently and lovingly try to coax sinners into a life of purity, not in the name of any sociopolitical agenda, but simply out of concern for their share in eternal life. That's not hating homosexuals--that's caring for them.

Edited by Qoheleth

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Qoheleth' date='May 31 2005, 08:43 PM'] If homosexuality is a sin, which has always been the teaching of the Church, then giving money to organizations attempting to legalize or legitimize the "homosexual lifestyle" is not helping anyone, but instead harming them, by making it easier for them to be led into sin. The truly compassionate thing to do then, would be to gently and lovingly try to coax sinners into a life of purity, not in the name of any sociopolitical agenda, but simply out of concern for their share in eternal life. That's not hating homosexuals--that's caring for them. [/quote]

My problem with Ironmonk is not what he says most of the time, I find myself agreeing with him quite often. My problem is the venom with which he goes about it and the way he specifically targets certain groups of people over and over again. The truth is, if you could only donate money to groups that DONT sin then you wouldn't be allowed to donate any money to anything - including the Catholic Church.

In addition, GLAAD isn't just about gay marriage. It also provides important services to people - like counseling and psychiatric treatment. More importantly, it is involved in legislation preventing Gay and Lesbian people from being kicked out of their jobs and homes for being practicing homosexuals.

Why is this a good thing? Well it's kind of hard to convert people and treat them with charity after you've fired them, kicked them out of their homes, and murdered them. The rates of murder and crimes against homosexuals are astonishing. I can't help someone after he's been lynched, dragged behind a pickup truck, or beaten to death.

Somebody has to stand up and meet these people half way and help them where they are now so that we can bring them to an understanding of Christ and the gospel. To do that, they need to have stable lives. Who is going to give it to them? It sure as hell isn't going to be the people boycotting Ford.

Edited by KizlarAgha

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 08:09 PM'] I dunno, for some reason people seem to think it's crucially important whether or not gay people receive any support from anyone. [/quote]
You've really got some bees in your bonnet, don't you, Kizlar?

You know beaver dam well what the issue is - it's not about "supporting gay people," it's supporting a sinful and perverted lifestyle.

If a person I knew to be homosexual was in the desert, dying of hunger and thirst, would I give him food, water and shelter? Absolutely!

If he wanted me to lend money, etc. to help him out with a big "gay" party he was throwing, would I give him support in this? Absolutely not!

Organizations like GLAAD promote homosexuality.

Homosexuals don't need special laws giving them special protection! Nobody has a right to sodomy!

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Socrates' date='May 31 2005, 09:51 PM'] You've really got some bees in your bonnet, don't you, Kizlar?

You know beaver dam well what the issue is - it's not about "supporting gay people," it's supporting a sinful and perverted lifestyle.

If a person I knew to be homosexual was in the desert, dying of hunger and thirst, would I give him food, water and shelter?  Absolutely!

If he wanted me to lend money, etc. to help him out with a big "gay" party he was throwing, would I give him support in this?  Absolutely not!

Organizations like GLAAD promote homosexuality.

Homosexuals don't need special laws giving them special protection!  Nobody has a right to sodomy! [/quote]
Then nobody has the right to be a protestant either! That's a heresy and it's evil! So we should boycott anything protestant. Religious freedom? Gone. Let's trash it all. We do live in a theocracy these days, don't we?

Edited by KizlarAgha

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 09:54 PM'] Then nobody has the right to be a protestant either! That's a heresy and it's evil! So we should boycott anything protestant. Religious freedom? Gone. Let's trash it all. We do live in a theocracy these days, don't we?

PS: I think you'd leave the homosexual in the desert to die. [/quote]
Protestantism is a heresy. Its a fact. But we dont call them heretics any more because its not a very charitable thing to do. But protestantism itself is a heresy.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 08:50 PM']

My problem with Ironmonk is not what he says most of the time, I find myself agreeing with him quite often.  My problem is the venom with which he goes about it and the way he specifically targets certain groups of people over and over again.  The truth is, if you could only donate money to groups that DONT sin then you wouldn't be allowed to donate any money to anything - including the Catholic Church.

In addition, GLAAD isn't just about gay marriage.  It also provides important services to people - like counseling and psychiatric treatment.  More importantly, it is involved in legislation preventing Gay and Lesbian people from being kicked out of their jobs and homes for being practicing homosexuals.

Why is this a good thing?  Well it's kind of hard to convert people and treat them with charity after you've fired them, kicked them out of their homes, and murdered them.  The rates of murder and crimes against homosexuals are astonishing.  I can't help someone after he's been lynched, dragged behind a pickup truck, or beaten to death. 

Somebody has to stand up and meet these people half way and help them where they are now so that we can bring them to an understanding of Christ and the gospel.  To do that, they need to have stable lives.  Who is going to give it to them?  It sure as hell isn't going to be the people boycotting Ford. [/quote]
GLAAD does not lead "gay" people to lives of holiness and chastity - it promotes and supports their perversion and immorality. It is not an "organization that contains sinners," but an organization that exists to promote a sinful lifestyle! Comparing such groups to the Catholic Church is an obscene blasphemy!

Is the "psychiatric treatment" and counseling geared towards helping them live chaste lives or end their perversion, or does it encourage and affirm their sinful practices?

We empahtically do NOT need government granting special "rights" to homosexuals. Homosexuality should NOT be something protected by law. No one has a right to sodomy! Such legislation is nothing other than left-wing fascism in which the federal government forces private individuals and busninesses to accept what they regard as immoral. Political correctness is the erosion of freedom and the path to an evil totalitarianism. If those promoting such laws get their way, such laws would eventually be applied to churches. (This is already the case in some European countries).

Murdering or committing crimes against ANYBODY is already against the law. Let's enforce the laws, rather than giving homosexuals special protection under the law. "Hate laws" are totalitarian thought-control, not justice.

Edited by Socrates