An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ford Motor Company Supports Homosexual Movement

ironmonk

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 12:45 PM'] Look, marketing to gays is good business, as hot stuff said. Besides, you're neglecting the fact that only Democrats drive Volvos, so it isn't really a big deal anyway.

And finally - are you guys nuts? So what, gay people shouldn't be allowed to buy cars? That's insane. [/quote]
Are you a fool?

You call us nuts for following Catholic teaching?

It is foolish to think that marketing to the homosexual lifestyle is not a big deal.

Marketing to the homosexual lifestyle normalizes the evil it is and will warp children. It is not good for society.

If anyone cannot see the logic in this, please read the Scriptures and the Catechism a few dozen times before replying.

It is assinine to make the statement "So what, gay people shouldn't be allowed to buy cars?" - Please stop and think. That was not even implied. How does someone come up with things like this from what was given?! It is a totally illogical assumption.

God Bless,
ironmonk

KizlarAgha

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 31 2005, 11:33 AM'] Are you a fool?

You call us nuts for following Catholic teaching?

It is foolish to think that marketing to the homosexual lifestyle is not a big deal.

Marketing to the homosexual lifestyle normalizes the evil it is and will warp children. It is not good for society.

If anyone cannot see the logic in this, please read the Scriptures and the Catechism a few dozen times before replying.

It is assinine to make the statement "So what, gay people shouldn't be allowed to buy cars?" - Please stop and think. That was not even implied. How does someone come up with things like this from what was given?! It is a totally illogical assumption.

God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
Well...if you aren't allowed to market cars to gay people...

Besides, Ironmonk, we all know at your dealership you'd make sure every prospective buyer had made a full confession to his priest before purchasing an automobile.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 01:29 PM'] Marketing to 10% of the population that nobody markets to is brilliant. If it didn't make money they wouldn't do it. It doesn't push away families. Only a few zealots would be willing to boycott a car company based on marketing to homosexuals. [/quote]
You have a lot to learn about the Catholic faith.

Marketing to the homosexual lifestyle is going to push away more than a few zealots... try millions of families. If you think otherwise, then it is obvious that you do not see the big picture.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 01:34 PM'] Well...if you aren't allowed to market cars to gay people...

Besides, Ironmonk, we all know at your dealership you'd make sure every prospective buyer had made a full confession to his priest before purchasing an automobile. [/quote]
Maybe you overlooked this....

[quote]Please stop and think[/quote]

KizlarAgha

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 31 2005, 11:35 AM'] You have a lot to learn about the Catholic faith.

Marketing to the homosexual lifestyle is going to push away more than a few zealots... try millions of families. If you think otherwise, then it is obvious that you do not see the big picture. [/quote]
I do see the big picture. The big picture is that most people want to be left alone and leave others alone. The big picture is that Catholics are a minority and that gay and lesbian ministers are being appointed in protestant churches. The big picture is that most states have clauses protecting homosexuality as a way of life. That's the big picture.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 31 2005, 11:36 AM'] Maybe you overlooked this....

[/quote]
I did stop and think. See, knee-jerk reactions are your department.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 01:37 PM'] I do see the big picture. The big picture is that most people want to be left alone and leave others alone. The big picture is that Catholics are a minority and that gay and lesbian ministers are being appointed in protestant churches. The big picture is that most states have clauses protecting homosexuality as a way of life. That's the big picture. [/quote]
No it's not.

The big picture is that there are millions of families that are part of a group that will boycott ford over this and send millions of emails, calls, etc... to ford. The big picture is many people on this planet still stand up for what is right instead of sitting idle by. The big picture is if more people lived their faith in the past and stood up for what is right then we would not be in the mess we are in. Maybe you want to accept the evil of this planet, which is understandable, it's the easy way. I for one am not. I will fight for truth even unto my death... Sirach 4:28.

[url="http://www.afa.net/"]http://www.afa.net/[/url]
[url="http://www.onemilliondads.com"]http://www.onemilliondads.com[/url]
[url="http://www.onemillionmoms.com"]http://www.onemillionmoms.com[/url]

I don't know what you consider the word "most" to mean but if it is as in the "majority" then you are wrong.

Most states [b]do not[/b] have clauses protecting the homosexual lifestyle. Only a few do.

God Bless,
ironmonk

KizlarAgha

1 Corin. 9:19
Although I am free in regard to all, I have made myself a slave to all so as to win over as many as possible.
20 To the Jews I became like a Jew to win over Jews; to those under the law I became like one under the law--though I myself am not under the law--to win over those under the law.
21 To those outside the law I became like one outside the law--though I am not outside God's law but within the law of Christ--to win over those outside the law.
22 To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some.
23 All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 02:00 PM'] 1 Corin. 9:19
Although I am free in regard to all, I have made myself a slave to all so as to win over as many as possible.
20 To the Jews I became like a Jew to win over Jews; to those under the law I became like one under the law--though I myself am not under the law--to win over those under the law.
21 To those outside the law I became like one outside the law--though I am not outside God's law but within the law of Christ--to win over those outside the law.
22 To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some.
23 All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it. [/quote]
This has nothing to do with marketing to the homosexual lifestyle. Context. Context. Context.

[b]Romans 1:24 [/b]
Therefore, God handed them over to impurity through the lusts of their hearts for the mutual degradation of their bodies.
[b]26 [/b]Therefore, God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanged natural relations for unnatural,
[b]27 [/b]and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity.
[b]28 [/b]And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God handed them over to their undiscerning mind to do what is improper.
[b]32 [/b]Although they know the just decree of God that all who practice such things deserve death, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

It is wrong, and bad business to market to the homosexual lifestyle.

The verses you quote are in regards to things that are not an abomination to God. Approval can never be given to any sin.

God Bless,
ironmonk

KizlarAgha

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 31 2005, 12:06 PM'] This has nothing to do with marketing to the homosexual lifestyle. Context. Context. Context.

[b]Romans 1:24 [/b]
Therefore, God handed them over to impurity through the lusts of their hearts for the mutual degradation of their bodies.
[b]26 [/b]Therefore, God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanged natural relations for unnatural,
[b]27 [/b]and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity.
[b]28 [/b]And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God handed them over to their undiscerning mind to do what is improper.
[b]32 [/b]Although they know the just decree of God that all who practice such things deserve death, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

It is wrong, and bad business to market to the homosexual lifestyle.

The verses you quote are in regards to things that are not an abomination to God. Approval can never be given to any sin.

God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
What I was quoting was referring to a difference in strategy. My goal is to convert homosexuals. Your goal seems to be only to bully them.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 02:10 PM'] What I was quoting was referring to a difference in strategy. My goal is to convert homosexuals. Your goal seems to be only to bully them. [/quote]
I'm sorry that you have misunderstood the topic....

This has nothing to do with people who are homosexual.

This has to do with making the homosexual lifestyle normal and acceptable. This has to do with promoting the homosexual lifestyle.

We do not win people who are homosexual by giving our money to companies that promote the homosexual lifestyle. When companies promote/market to the homosexual lifestyle, it will normalize the sin and make it more acceptable among society... look at what happened with the sin of fornication. Market to sex and you get people who are extremely sexually active... market to the homosexual lifestyle and more people will be attracted and engulfed with that sin.

Winning homosexuals has nothing to do with the way Ford markets/promotes the homosexual lifestyle.

God Bless,
ironmonk

KizlarAgha

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 31 2005, 12:18 PM'] I'm sorry that you have misunderstood the topic....

This has nothing to do with people who are homosexual.

This has to do with making the homosexual lifestyle normal and acceptable. This has to do with promoting the homosexual lifestyle.

We do not win people who are homosexual by giving our money to companies that promote the homosexual lifestyle. When companies promote/market to the homosexual lifestyle, it will normalize the sin and make it more acceptable among society... look at what happened with the sin of fornication. Market to sex and you get people who are extremely sexually active... market to the homosexual lifestyle and more people will be attracted and engulfed with that sin.

Winning homosexuals has nothing to do with the way Ford markets/promotes the homosexual lifestyle.

God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
Marketing to gays will not turn people gay.

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 31 2005, 12:06 PM']This has nothing to do with marketing to the homosexual lifestyle. Context. Context. Context.
[snip]
The verses you quote are in regards to things that are not an abomination to God. [b]Approval can never be given to any sin[/b].

God Bless,
ironmonk[/quote]
HAIL IRONMONK!!!

Boycott FORD, DAM RIGTH! Sign me up, sign up my wife and three kids too!

Oh, and what was that other thing too? Oh ya, it went something like this:

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 31 2005, 12:06 PM']
[snip]
I will fight for truth even unto my death... Sirach 4:28
[snip]
[/quote]

We shall die on the same field my friend, some bright sunny day.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 02:21 PM'] Marketing to gays will not turn people gay. [/quote]
I'm sorry that you have misunderstood the big picture.
I'm sorry that you do not know what marketing to the lifestyle means.

I'm sorry that my patience may be thin with my replies to you.

Marketing to the homosexual lifestyle will not directly turn people homosexual, but it shows it as an acceptable lifestyle. The increase in the homosexual lifestyle over the last 25 years has been a direct result from the acceptance of it in the media and Hollywood. The major factor in the increase of cohabitation, pre-marital sex, etc... has been the media. The media has the power to program people. Attraction is developed. If you haven't noticed... the media has been driving what is attractive for quite sometime now. There is a time in many pre-teens and teens lives that people question their sexuality, if something appears to be "OK" then they might try it. If something is considered taboo and has been reinforced how wrong it is, then there is less of a chance of experimentation.

You can either fight the programming of the media or be it's pawn. I choose to fight it. Doing nothing is not an option because it slowly programs us and we often fail to realize it.

This thread is not for you give approval to the marketing to a lifestyle that will lead people to hell...

or for me to attempt to instruct you on the facts of life.

This is for those who love God and want to save the correct concept of marriage and family in our world.

Why not market to Swingers, Fornicators R Us, NAMBLA or the KKK? (those on the board who have same sex attraction, please do not think that I am saying that NAMBLA is equal to same sex attraction... I'm just trying to stress a point that marketing to a wrong type of lifestyle is wrong and bad business)

God Bless,
ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk