An Old School Catholic Message Board

NEW Reference Section Discussion...

dUSt

phatcatholic

dUSt is just a figure-head, i'm the one w/ authority over this project ;)

you're hired :thumb:

phatcatholic

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jun 20 2005, 02:56 PM']i admit it - im an idiot. i put the wrong section in one of the categories so i need either phat or dust to go back and delete all of those links i just put in. they are under... [right][snapback]617082[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
dUSt, i'm gonna fix it

phatcatholic

fixed it

also, hughey, i added the categories to the audio section. notice that i combined two subsections of audio into one.

now, go play [b][i]carefully[/i][/b] little girl ;)

phatcatholic

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jun 20 2005, 04:15 PM']:sadder: again? this is what twice in three days? i should just give up....
[right][snapback]617144[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
if it makes you feel any better, dUSt has errors in the articles he submitted :D

franciscanheart

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Jun 20 2005, 07:12 PM']fixed it

also, hughey, i added the categories to the audio section. notice that i combined two subsections of audio into one.

now, go play [b][i]carefully[/i][/b] little girl ;)
[right][snapback]617319[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
heh :unsure: okay ^_^

phatcatholic

here's another helpful tip:

if an audio file from catholic answers is not submitting, then use the address for the results page. here is what you do:

--go to the [url="http://catholic.com/search.asp"]search page[/url] at catholic.com
--in the "search for" drop-down menu, choose "radio shows"
--in the "about" box, type in the exact title for the audio file. for example, w/ the file [b]Catholic Answers Live on [i]Our Jewish Heritage[/i][/b], you would type in "Our Jewish Heritage".
--click search
--use the address for the results page that comes up, instead of the links for "listen" or "download."

make sense? if not, let me know

pax christi,
phatcatholic

phatcatholic

status check

how much does everyone have left to finish?

here's what i have left to do:
--prayer, devotion, spirituality (3)
--other religions, opposing views (5)

let me know,
phatcatholic

franciscanheart

same. spent the night out unexpectedly. eating then shopping then working some more. i am giving my best effort to have one full section at least done in the morning.

franciscanheart

too many. ummm... i dont know specifically without looking them up. i have about two and a half entries to finish. im headed to get food for the pets and eat dinner and then ill start again. i should only have one entry left to finish tomorrow afternoon. if you need me to pick up the pace just say the word.

franciscanheart

[b]I QUIT!![/b]

actually no i dont i choose to work still please dont hate me....

Cure of Ars

I feel like I used to when I was unprepared for school and the teacher called on me to answer a question. Thanks Phatcatholic for bringing up my issues. :sadder: I have put some time in but I have had family down with Fathers day and all.

I am still on the sacramentsl. I have all of Anointing of the sick, Holy Orders and the Priesthood, and Confirmation left to do and a little bit on the Eucharist. I also have not done any of the audio sections of any of my sections.

I have not touched --defending the faith online --theology of the body --tools for apologetics

Sorry that I don’t have more done. I have been trying.

franciscanheart

Cure when I get caught up with what I said I would do I will help ya out if you want. Like I said before, just let me know which ones you want me to do and I'm on it.

phatcatholic

don't worry everyone, this is a tough task, and it has been difficult for me to complete as well. i just wanted to see how close we were to being finished. everyone just try their best. try not to go on binges or you'll get anxious and start making errors. do a few sections, take a break, and then do a few more. other websites that have libraries this large have teams of people who do this, and they get paid. we're just four volunteers trying to do something worthwhile w/ what little spare time we have. so, try not to stress out. like i said, just do ur best.

also, it doesn't look negatively upon you if you need someone else to take on one of your entries. dUSt, can you do another one? maybe you and laura can help out Cure and i. dUSt, if you could take Prayer, Devotion, and Spirituality for me, that would be HUGE. i have five entries under Opposing Views that could easily stand alone, so that's gonna take a while. laura, you take one or two for Cure (you two can work that out). if we work as a team, we'll knock this out and put Phatmass on the map.

may the merits of our work be applied to likos, for his speedy recovery

pax christi,
phatcatholic

phatcatholic

here are the original assignments again, for the sake of reference:

[b]dUSt:[/b]
--Mary

[b]phatcatholic:[/b]
--the bible
--church authority, the apostles
--history of the church
--prayer, devotion, spirituality (3)