An Old School Catholic Message Board

attire for Mass

photosynthesis

[quote name='CatholicCid' date='Jul 11 2005, 05:23 PM']I like "If you think your hot at Mass, think of how the Priest must feel"  :sweat:
[right][snapback]640090[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

think about the poor Priests in Louisiana and Texas they burn up really bad. My priest has almost passed out a couple of times. We've had a few altar boys pass out from the heat.

photosynthesis

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 11 2005, 07:36 PM']think about the poor Priests in Louisiana and Texas they burn up really bad. My priest has almost passed out a couple of times. We've had a few altar boys pass out from the heat.
[right][snapback]640110[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't think I'd voluntarily put myself in a position that could endanger my health..again. The time I got heatstroke I was hiking on a mountain, supervising 20 or so girl scouts. Not fun. I've also gone for walks on hot days and awakened a few hours later. Heatstroke is pretty serious and can even cause neurological damage. Wearing all black in the summer is a major sacrifice, and I commend the priests who serve in those areas. But it's definitely not for me (especially sine i'm a woman).

photosynthesis

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 11 2005, 07:04 PM']The best I have is my wedding dress. Should I wear this every week?
I guess that would take care of the veil question...
[right][snapback]640058[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
the best I have is an evening gown I wore to my high school prom...but I think it would violate Dave's dress code, as it's sleeveless. I also have an evening gown I got on a missions trip to West Virginia at this thrift store for 5 bucks. It's a real find. Definitely not appropriate for church, though :)

[quote name='lifeteenchick527' date='Jul 11 2005, 02:28 PM']i normally wear nice jeans and a collared (i hope thats spelt rite) shirt and a mantilla to mass.. is that bad?

God Bless
LTC :hearts:
[right][snapback]639691[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
...............no, lol, its not bad chica.....i mean..you wear [i]WhaaaaT[/i]? :bugeyes: