Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 21 2005, 11:40 AM']I also think Dumbledore's murder was staged, and that Malfoy may turn good in the end.
[right][snapback]652518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He can't come back from the dead...how would that work?

Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 21 2005, 09:41 AM']He can't come back from the dead...how would that work?
[right][snapback]652521[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I don't think Dumbledore is coming back from the dead. I think he really died and that he and Snape staged the murder in front of Harry.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 21 2005, 11:43 AM']I don't think Dumbledore is coming back from the dead.  I think he really died and that he and Snape staged the murder in front of Harry.
[right][snapback]652525[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Why would they stage the murder? That's just messed up...I can't see it.

Posted

Well, first of all, there at the end, Dumbledore pleaded. Dumbledore is not the kind of person to plead for his own life. He said himself that he is not afraid of death. I think he was pleading for Snape to carry out his plan because Snape did not want to. Also, Dumbledore froze Harry, when there was no need to. Before they even left he made Harry promise basically that no matter what he would do as Dumbledore said, even if that meant saving himself. I mean right there clues you in that he is going to die. I think Dumbeldore knew of Snape's unbreakable vow. Snape had to kill Dumbledore or die himself, and D wanted to keep Snape close to Voldemort. I think that there is a good reason that D trusted Snape, more than the fact that Snape was sorry he told V about the prophecy (that is a lame reason to trust someone). I think that D thought that his death would bring V out in the open, and let his guard down since V probably doesn't think that Harry has the smarts or the guts to take V on all on his own.

Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 21 2005, 09:45 AM']Why would they stage the murder?  That's just messed up...I can't see it.
[right][snapback]652529[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:P I don't think its any more messed up than saying Harry has to kill himself in order to kill Voldemort.

Posted

I think Pope Benedict XVI will be the new headmaster of the school, and magic will be expressly forbidden at hogwarts. what's the badguy's name? oh yeah, Voldemort... Voldemort will come and try to take over hogwarts and Benedict will us superpope anime powers to destroy him. Harry will enter the seminary after confessing joining the occult.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 21 2005, 11:52 AM']:P  I don't think its any more messed up than saying Harry has to kill himself in order to kill Voldemort.
[right][snapback]652546[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I never said that. ;)

I still have the theory that Nevile will kill Voldemort, which allows Voldemort to kill Harry (or someone else to) first.

Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 21 2005, 09:54 AM']I never said that. ;)

I still have the theory that Nevile will kill Voldemort, which allows Voldemort to kill Harry (or someone else to) first.
[right][snapback]652551[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


Well D said that Harry has to be the one to kill V. That V chose Harry over Neville. I do think Neville has a big part to play but the prophecy is specific. Harry was chosen and marked, therefore he is the one who has the power to vanquish him.

If Harry is a Horcrux both he and V must die in the end. Harry must kill V and then someone must kill Harry or Harry must kill himself. Anyway I think it impossible that Harry himself is a Horcrux, as I said before.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 21 2005, 11:57 AM']If Harry is a Horcrux both he and V must die in the end.  Harry must kill V and then someone must kill Harry or Harry must kill himself.  Anyway I think it impossible that Harry himself is a Horcrux, as I said before.
[right][snapback]652560[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Dumbledore could have been wrong about the prophecy thing. Neville is still the other kid.

If Rowling said she doesn't like happy endings, it wouldn't be much surprise if they both die, would it?

Posted

maybe harry's been lied to?

Posted

[quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 21 2005, 09:50 AM']Well, first of all, there at the end, Dumbledore pleaded.  Dumbledore is not the kind of person to plead for his own life. He said himself that he is not afraid of death.  I think he was pleading for Snape to carry out his plan because Snape did not want to.  Also, Dumbledore froze Harry, when there was no need to.  Before they even left he made Harry promise basically that no matter what he would do as Dumbledore said, even if that meant saving himself.  I mean right there clues you in that he is going to die.  I think Dumbeldore knew of Snape's unbreakable vow.  Snape had to kill Dumbledore or die himself, and D wanted to keep Snape close to Voldemort.  I think that there is a good reason that D trusted Snape, more than the fact that Snape was sorry he told V about the prophecy (that is a lame reason to trust someone).  I think that D thought that his death would bring V out in the open, and let his guard down since V probably doesn't think that Harry has the smarts or the guts to take V on all on his own.
[right][snapback]652544[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you're a genius! :disguise: i thought the pleading was atypical to Dumbledore's personality and as much as i hate snape, i really find it hard to believe that D's trust was misplaced (the man knew everything :P)

also, i don't think harry is going to die, although someone big will. and definitely neville will have a large part, he really came through in book 5 so, i think as long as he believes in himself (with harry's encouragement), he'll stand tall. i mean lord v brutually tortured his parents, he has a lot to stand up for!

Posted

I'm rooting for Neville to take out Bellatrix. She really irks me.

One thought I have been having is this: how are the young ones going to "kill" these people? I think the unforgivable curses should not be used. I remember Mad-Eye (really Barty Crouch Jr) saying that most students are not powerful enough to use the Killing Curse. Bellatrix also told Harry that curses like Cruciatus have to come from a deep seeded hatred (and evil, I think) that Harry or the others (being very pure of heart) won't use - even though Harry did use the Cruciatus curse in righteous anger that once. So any ideas as to how they are going to get rid of the bad guys?

Posted (edited)

Harry Potter will finally claim his destiny and be revealed as the Antichrist, and all the witches and other evil-doers will bow down before him.

Subliminal messages hidden backwards in the text of the book will cause billions of young readers to sell their souls to Satan and suffer in toolsheds. They will all become possessed and march on the Vatican to overthrow their arch-nemesis, Benedict XVI.

Many religious and parental groups will find this disturbing.

Edited by Socrates
Dreamweaver
Posted

Ah, at the end of book 7, Harry Potter wakes up and discovers that all his wizarding adventures and friends were just part of a dream. He's just a normal muggle like you and I, but gifted with the "magical" ability of imagination and creativity.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 21 2005, 02:16 PM']I'm rooting for Neville to take out Bellatrix.  She really irks me.

One thought I have been having is this:  how are the young ones going to "kill" these people?  I think the unforgivable curses should not be used.  I remember Mad-Eye (really Barty Crouch Jr) saying that most students are not powerful enough to use the Killing Curse.  Bellatrix also told Harry that curses like Cruciatus have to come from a deep seeded hatred (and evil, I think) that Harry or the others (being very pure of heart) won't use - even though Harry did use the Cruciatus curse in righteous anger that once.  So any ideas as to how they are going to get rid of the bad guys?
[right][snapback]652975[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


they'll love them to death? :idontknow: :love:


:P:

Edited by kateri05
Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

I don't think Dumbledore's really dead....

Posted

I think Dumbledore is really dead...It was a necessary plot device to have the hero (Harry) stand against the evil rather than hide behind the mentor. Dumbledore was ObiWan to Harry's Luke Skywalker; he had to die. :(

The jury is still out as to whether Snape is evil or not...I would hate to see Dumbledore's trust be misplaced, but everyone makes mistakes... :idontknow:

I think it will come down to Harry and Voldemort...Like Dumbledore said, the prophecy has become self-fulfilling. Harry is going after Voldemort because Voldemort killed his parents and is rather intent on killing him and everyone he loves. Voldemort is going after Harry because he perceives him as his greatest threat. Had Snape never heard the prophecy, Voldemort wouldn't really care about Harry and Harry would have no special reason to go after Voldemort. The prophecy only has power if you believe in it. If both chose to walk away, they could. Harry will face Voldemort because he chooses to, not because Trelawney's prophecy compells him. The book strongly makes the point that our fates are not determined by abilities or prophecies but by our choices.

argent_paladin
Posted

Harry will find out that Voldemort IS his father.
"Noooooooo!"
"Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

And then they will rule the galaxy as father and son.
And Harry will find out that Hermione is his twin sister.
And Ron will be frozen in carbonite for most of the book.
And when Hermione tells him that she loves him, Ron will respond, "I know."
And at the end, all the Ewoks and house elves will dance and sing.
And Dumbledore, Obi Wan Kenobi, Sirius and Yoda will be outlined in blue at the end and smile.

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='argent_paladin' date='Jul 25 2005, 11:58 AM']Harry will find out that Voldemort IS his father.
"Noooooooo!"
"Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

And then they will rule the galaxy as father and son.
And Harry will find out that Hermione is his twin sister.
And Ron will be frozen in carbonite for most of the book.
And when Hermione tells him that she loves him, Ron will respond, "I know."
And at the end, all the Ewoks and house elves will dance and sing.
And Dumbledore, Obi Wan Kenobi, Sirius and Yoda will be outlined in blue at the end and smile.
[right][snapback]658259[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol_roll: I like that prediction...but somehow...it seems it has been done before...hmm... :lol_roll:

argent_paladin
Posted

Oh, and Ron will go by the name "Won Won Solo". The Dursleys will change their name to Hutt and move to Tatooine.

It is interesting the many similarities. There are the three heroes: one the chosen one, with powerful magic (because of his parents, who did not raise him), a smart, feisty girl, and a roguish, immature boy. And a menacing evil whom everyone fears. And the need to train to harness the power of magic/the Force in order to defeat the enemy, who is very, very powerful in the Force/magic. As Darth Vader almost died and is kept alive only by machines, so to Voldemort died and was kept alive by dark and strong magic. Luke and Vader could sense one another's presence as Voldemort and Harry can. Dumbledore taught Voldemort as Kenobi taught Vader. Both now are wise mentors for the heroes and both died in front of the heroes, without putting up much of a fight and the heroes were powerless to stop it. Both bodies also disappeared.
As Ron and Hermione fall in love, so did Han and Leia. Expect Hermione to wear a metal bikini in book 7. As Snape was a traitor, so was Lando, selling Han to Hutt.
There are very few stories, with many variations, told over and over again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...