BeenaBobba Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='zwergel88' date='Aug 1 2005, 12:14 PM']I think that there is not way that Snape went bad. Either he had to kill Dumbledore because Dumbledore himself ordered it. (remember Snape telling Dumbledore he didn't want to do it anymore when Hagrid overhead them), or Dumbledore is not really dead. Either way, in the end of the book it is going to be clear that Snape was good all along, and I think Malfoy will come over to the good side as well. Check out www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com [right][snapback]667102[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'd really, really like to believe that Snape's not bad. I've heard theories, and I think they're plausible. Remember how Snape screamed to Harry at the end? How he said, "I AM NOT A COWARD!"? Plus, he could have killed or seriously injured Harry, but he didn't. He merely blocked Harry's hexes. The only thing I don't get, though, is why Dumbledore didn't tell anyone else in the Order about Snape's Vow.
zwergel88 Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 probably cause they would have tryed to prevent it, no one would have wanted Dumbledore to be killed, they probably would have thought he was nuts if he told them that he had arranged for Snape to kill him, therefore he only trusted Snape to kill him for some reason that we have yet to find out.
BeenaBobba Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='zwergel88' date='Aug 1 2005, 12:20 PM']probably cause they would have tryed to prevent it, no one would have wanted Dumbledore to be killed, they probably would have thought he was nuts if he told them that he had arranged for Snape to kill him, therefore he only trusted Snape to kill him for some reason that we have yet to find out. [right][snapback]667114[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Very true.
BeenaBobba Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 21 2005, 12:33 PM']I think RAB is Sirius Blacks' brother, Regulus Black, and that the necklace is in Sirius' (now Harry's) house.[/quote] I agree. [quote]It is impossible that Harry is a Horcrux. For one, we see that the diary Horcrux was basically possessed, and had the ability to possess. Harry is not possessed by Voldemort. Two, Dumbledore said that Voldemort could not possess Harry (remember in book five) because of his ability to love - he could not stand being inside of his body, that Harry's loving nature mortally wounded Voldemort. Three, Voldemort is trying to kill Harry - he was furious when he found out the diary was destroyed, so why would he be trying to get rid of another one? Dumbledore said that Voldemort transferred some of his POWERS over to Harry, that he would CHOOSE him and MARK him and give him powers that he knows not. Dumbledore would have known if Harry was a Horcrux. Harry and Voldemort are linked, but Harry is not a carrier of Voldemort's soul. And fourthly, you make a Horcrux when you kill someone. We know that Voldemort meant to kill Harry, so when killing his parents, he could not have made Harry one then. The only other time Harry was near Voldemort when he killed was when Cedric was murdered. Cedric's murder was not planned and I do not think he made Harry a Horcrux then either. [right][snapback]652498[/snapback][/right] [/quote] If Voldemort placed part of his soul in Harry, I don't know if it would have been done intentionally. It's possible that it could have been done intentionally, especially if Voldemort assumed that everyone shares his fear of death (and especially if Harry is descended from Gryffindor). Perhaps he doubted that Harry would put his own life at risk in the future. Why else would Harry have such a strong connection to Voldemort? After all, Harry could feel his feelings at one point. Ginny cooperated with the diary willingly. Lily Potter's sacrificial love for Harry could be what's protecting him from becoming actually possessed by Voldemort.
zwergel88 Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 I don't think that Harry was a horcrux, but maybe Dumbledore somehow became one and that was why Snape had to kill him.
Carrie Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 I don't think Harry is a Horcrux either. As was stated before, I think he has too much love in him to be able to house any part of Voldemort's soul, intentional or not. The Dumbledore/Horcrux theory is an interesting one. I need to think about that one a bit.
Guest T-Bone Posted August 3, 2005 Posted August 3, 2005 Harry will realize that Henry Potter, the banker in "It's a Wonderful Life", was his great-grandfather. He will join Voldemort and move to Bedford Falls, then take over the world.
HomeTeamFamily Posted August 3, 2005 Posted August 3, 2005 i predict there will be 3 threads about whether or not harry potter is good to read/in line with church teaching
Kaeldra Posted August 3, 2005 Posted August 3, 2005 ohhh man this is the most amusing thread ever. I'm going to keep all my suspicions to myself...because I've thought of a lot of different ways things COULD happen. I hope harry doesnt die though
zwergel88 Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 JK Rowling has said that Harry will make it the whole way threw, but I wouldn't be so sure about any of the others
benedictaj Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [quote name='Kaeldra' date='Aug 4 2005, 09:03 AM']ohhh man this is the most amusing thread ever. I'm going to keep all my suspicions to myself...because I've thought of a lot of different ways things COULD happen. I hope harry doesnt die though [right][snapback]670370[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Lol!!! I think he should die! He annoys me (not so much in the 6th book, but I found the 5th book unbearable with him and his attitude!) Hmmmmm, I still think Snape is a good guy....none of my friends agree with me...oh well. Dumbledore told Snape to go as far as it takes (to stay on Voldemorts side) didn't he? Hmmm, well, I read it about three weeks ago so I've forgotten most of my theories etc...
Snowcatpa Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 (edited) [color=purple][quote name='kateri05' date='Jul 24 2005, 11:42 PM']they'll love them to death? : [right][snapback]657694[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yay!!! I agree Maybe….. they’ll like, take Harry to a Red Cross Station and get him to donate a couple of pints of blood. And then they can just *flick* the blood at the Death Eaters (who hate love!) and that’ll kill them! Ok… that was pretty gross…. But you never know! There’s been a lack of blood in the books thus far really (not that that’s a bad thing). *edit* what am I talking about - people are crazy hurt all the time!![/color] Edited August 4, 2005 by Snowcatpa
Snowcatpa Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [color=blue][quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Jul 25 2005, 08:15 PM']I think Ron is gonna pull of some feat of wizardry and save the day at least once. [right][snapback]658764[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I think Ron will save the day the way he’s saved the day before. Like… it’ll be up to Harry but he’ll play a big part. Remember in the first movie, when he’s playing chess and they’re talking about who is going on to face Voldemort because Ron sacrifices himself? Ron says, “It was always you, Harry. Not me… Not Hermione… YOU”. I think that means that Ron and Hermione will still help Harry save the day, possibly by sacrificing themselves to do it. But Harry’s meant to save it all in the end. [/color]
Snowcatpa Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [color=red][quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 25 2005, 10:02 PM']Jared gave me this idea: Harry will kill Voldemort using Godric's sword. Therefore he will not have to use an unforgivable curse. [right][snapback]658908[/snapback][/right] [/quote] YEAH! And it’s totally old-school too… rock on.[/color]
Snowcatpa Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [color=green][quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 25 2005, 11:07 PM']Remember in Dumbledors picture he is sleeping. I don't think we have heard the last from him. [right][snapback]659003[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Dumblodore HAS to come back in some form so that we can hear that awesome story about how he destroyed the ring We’ll hear all about his terrifying journey with his best friend Sam, to Mordor… where… almost tempted by the ring’s dark side itself, he eventually destroys the ring in a firey volcano and lives on the Shire for the rest of his days…. : Seriously though… that portrait of his is definitely gonna be doing some talkin.[/color]
Snowcatpa Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 21 2005, 05:16 PM']I'm rooting for Neville to take out Bellatrix. She really irks me. [right][snapback]652975[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I’m totally for Neville playing a bigger part, and taking out his parents’ killer would be PERFECT. Although… I don’t know about y’all… but I’m STILL wondering what’s going on with Neville’s toad. Nothing happens without a reason in JK’s books, and that toad is always running away from him. Is it bewitched? (I don’t think it’s an animagus) Can it sense odd things that could be helpful in the final chapter? And what about Neville’s memory? Has his brain been modified so many times because he knows certain things about the Dark Lord that he shouldn’t. This could totally be helpful. I think Percy’s going to come around… or die. No joke. At the hand’s of Voldemort’s cronies of course. Or he’ll sacrifice himself to save the day at the end! Since he’s been such a git for the whole series. I wonder if Voldemort’s going to be smart enough to try to use Harry’s gift of love against him… knowing that he’s harder to kill not only because he’s marked as Voldemort’s equal, but because he CAN love. Will Voldemort threaten Ginny’s life? Ron’s? Hermiones? The Weasley family’s? Draco’s coming to the light… you can see it… that’ll make me happy We’ll finally see Ron and Hermione get together…and like, ACTUALLY kiss. How many of us have been waiting for that? I hope they’ll leave the plane of denial and have some happy times together Voldemort will die… the question is… how? Godric’s sword as previously mentioned could be key. Also, as well, what Lily Potter was working on in the Department of Mysteries. It’s been subtly inferred that she worked on Love, and old, ancient magic. Maybe Harry will use that ancient magic to defeat him. And speaking of the Department of Mysteries, what’s up with that veiled thing? Any thoughts as to how that one plays into the story?
Guest T-Bone Posted August 6, 2005 Posted August 6, 2005 No idea about the veiled thing...but Lily definatly has something to do with it.
Cow of Shame Posted December 3, 2005 Posted December 3, 2005 I haven't seen the latest movie yet....did they do it justice? Do you think they'll be able to finish the series w/ the current batch of kids? I don't think it would be right to try to switch the cast on us, even if they do start looking a bit too old for the ages they're supposed to be playing.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now