Carrie Posted July 25, 2005 Posted July 25, 2005 Oh wow...I just finished book 6! *sob* I don't think Dumbledore is coming back from the dead. (i'm devastated he's gone by the way!). I agree that Snape and Dumbledore staged it for Harry's sake. Maybe it will be the push he needs to face V and defeat him, although I have a bad feeling Harry might not make it either. Kind of a have to sacrifice himself in order to save everyone from V situation. Neville has to come into the picture more in Book 7. I think he has a big part to play, I'm just not sure what that may be yet. I don't think Harry is a Horcrux. Like marielapin said, he has too much ability to love for any part of V to live inside him. Wow, I'm still in shock over Dumbledore.
toledo_jesus Posted July 25, 2005 Posted July 25, 2005 Snape was a weak coward who killed dumbledore to save his own skin. Unbreakable Vow would have killed him since Draco wasn't gonna carry out his mission. Dumbledore said something about his mistakes being proportionately as big as his amazing intellect...and Snape was perhaps trusted too much. I believe Snape may, in a moment of self-preservation, do damage to the Death Eaters but ultimately be dispatched by someone who will tell him how pathetic he is and pity him. either that or go to azkaban. maybe he has designs on the dark lord himself. R.A.B. could well be Sirius' brother. Though from what we've been told he didn't live long after he defected. so we'll see. Harry's gonna devote himself to training for combat as he is dropping out of school. Ron and Hermione will be along for the ride. I think a Weasley will die, but I don't know which one. there are a lot of them and any would be a blow to Harry. Though, my bet would be Ginny, leaving Harry a shell of a man with nothing to fill him but vengeance. Ron would be ticked as well. I think Ron is gonna pull of some feat of wizardry and save the day at least once.
marielapin Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 Jared gave me this idea: Harry will kill Voldemort using Godric's sword. Therefore he will not have to use an unforgivable curse.
MissScripture Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 [quote name='argent_paladin' date='Jul 25 2005, 12:28 PM']Oh, and Ron will go by the name "Won Won Solo". The Dursleys will change their name to Hutt and move to Tatooine. It is interesting the many similarities. There are the three heroes: one the chosen one, with powerful magic (because of his parents, who did not raise him), a smart, feisty girl, and a roguish, immature boy. And a menacing evil whom everyone fears. And the need to train to harness the power of magic/the Force in order to defeat the enemy, who is very, very powerful in the Force/magic. As Darth Vader almost died and is kept alive only by machines, so to Voldemort died and was kept alive by dark and strong magic. Luke and Vader could sense one another's presence as Voldemort and Harry can. Dumbledore taught Voldemort as Kenobi taught Vader. Both now are wise mentors for the heroes and both died in front of the heroes, without putting up much of a fight and the heroes were powerless to stop it. Both bodies also disappeared. As Ron and Hermione fall in love, so did Han and Leia. Expect Hermione to wear a metal bikini in book 7. As Snape was a traitor, so was Lando, selling Han to Hutt. There are very few stories, with many variations, told over and over again. [right][snapback]658293[/snapback][/right] [/quote] But Lando didn't really want to sell Han out...and he came and helped...so does that mean that Snape will help Harry in the end? And Dumbledore will come back more powerfull than Voldemort could imagine?
cmotherofpirl Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 Remember in Dumbledors picture he is sleeping. I don't think we have heard the last from him.
DancesforLove Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 OMG! I so think that Dumbledores death was faked!!!! Ok lets review..... He stunned Harry....he begged him to get snape...not mcgonagal or anyone else...just snape....he wasn't all THAT weak since he got up a flight of stairs but he was disarmed by a student....the only person who ever touched/carried his body was Hagrid....Snape didn't put a single spell on harry and he didn't take harry at all while leaving the castle or stop to kill hagrid.....dumbledore SWORE he trusted him....at the funeral the whole white flames thing.....I can not possibly see how they would kill him off lol! I think his death was faked!!
kateri05 Posted July 26, 2005 Author Posted July 26, 2005 i think Godric's sword is a good theory... they've talked about it way too much for it not to show up again!
toledo_jesus Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 obviously people are stuck in the denial stage here. Dumbledore is dead. He is gone...mortality brought alarmingly to our attention by the death of a beloved character. It would cheapen the end if Dumbledore were to be simply faking. It would also cheapen Dumbledore's character. He made a sacrifice for harry. Big D made a mistake trusting Snape so much, a huge mistake proportional to his amazing intellect. I do believe that harry will wind up talking to Dumbledore's portrait and reminding himself of something important. But Harry is going to become a man in his own right for the next book. His protectors are gone. He's got to stand for himself now. Let's move on to the acceptance stage of grief here.
kateri05 Posted July 27, 2005 Author Posted July 27, 2005 lol yea. we like to live in the fantasy world of good people not dying because then the book becomes too much like real life : except all the magic stuff obviously!
Guest T-Bone Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Jul 25 2005, 05:15 PM']Snape was a weak coward who killed dumbledore to save his own skin. Unbreakable Vow would have killed him since Draco wasn't gonna carry out his mission. Dumbledore said something about his mistakes being proportionately as big as his amazing intellect...and Snape was perhaps trusted too much. [/quote] Dumbledore was pleading with Snape, for Snape's good, not his own. My killing Dumbledore, Snape went back to the Dark Arts, and lost his soul. [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Jul 25 2005, 05:15 PM'] I think a Weasley will die, but I don't know which one. there are a lot of them and any would be a blow to Harry. Though, my bet would be Ginny, leaving Harry a shell of a man with nothing to fill him but vengeance. Ron would be ticked as well. I think Ron is gonna pull of some feat of wizardry and save the day at least once. [right][snapback]658764[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Well, not Percy--he's a git!
Guest T-Bone Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 (edited) Harry will hunt down Snape, and Voldemort will be delighted, since Voldemort beleives that Harry will murder Snape in cold blood and make Voldemort stronger with his hate. Harry will at the last moment, not curse Snape, but turn him over to the Aurors. Ron will be killed in the confrontation with Snape. --------- Draco will join Harry in the final battle against Voldemort. Good will reign again... or Harry will reach the Dark Tower, use the Guns of Eld as keys, storm it, reach the top, and the books will start over. (oops, wrong story) Edited August 1, 2005 by T-Bone
Carrie Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='T-Bone' date='Aug 1 2005, 04:55 AM']Harry will reach the Dark Tower, use the Guns of Eld as keys, storm it, reach the top, and the books will start over. (oops, wrong story) [right][snapback]666966[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That's hysterical!!! (btw, LOVE the series but the ending made me mad!)
BeenaBobba Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 I think Harry's a Horcrux. I also think he's related to Gryffindor, possibly.
BeenaBobba Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 21 2005, 02:16 AM']Well, the sword of Godric Gryffindor can't very well be a horcrux. I want to know who R.A.B. is. [right][snapback]652119[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I agree about the sword. I seriously think that R.A.B. is Sirius' brother, Regulus Black. I think the locket was/is at Grimmauld Place, actually. Remeber the locket they couldn't remove in book five?
BeenaBobba Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='T-Bone' date='Aug 1 2005, 04:55 AM']Draco will join Harry in the final battle against Voldemort. Good will reign again... [right][snapback]666966[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh, man. I really, really hope Draco becomes a "good guy." I kinda felt bad for him in this book.
BeenaBobba Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 21 2005, 12:59 PM']If Rowling said she doesn't like happy endings, it wouldn't be much surprise if they both die, would it? [right][snapback]652567[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Well, I've read that Rowling doesn't like to talk about her faith in interviews because she thinks that people will figure out how the series ends. I think that's telling, especially in light of the fact that Rowling's a Christian. I think Harry's going to die. But I don't think readers will leave the book in despair.
BeenaBobba Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 25 2005, 11:07 PM']Remember in Dumbledors picture he is sleeping. I don't think we have heard the last from him. [right][snapback]659003[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Well, that's the thing. I think Harry will still be able to communicate with Dumbledore. Remember how Dumbledore used to communicate with the past headmasters and headmistresses of Hogwarts via their portraits?
zwergel88 Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 I think that there is not way that Snape went bad. Either he had to kill Dumbledore because Dumbledore himself ordered it. (remember Snape telling Dumbledore he didn't want to do it anymore when Hagrid overhead them), or Dumbledore is not really dead. Either way, in the end of the book it is going to be clear that Snape was good all along, and I think Malfoy will come over to the good side as well. Check out www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com
BeenaBobba Posted August 1, 2005 Posted August 1, 2005 [quote name='marielapin' date='Jul 25 2005, 10:02 PM']Jared gave me this idea: Harry will kill Voldemort using Godric's sword. Therefore he will not have to use an unforgivable curse. [right][snapback]658908[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oooh, that's very possible!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now