Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay, can I get in on the vocations retreat even though I am almost never thinking about being involved in a religious order and always thinking about being married and having a family! I, too, am struggling here on the liberal campus of University of Southern Indiana with JuCa and others.

I think the reason I've never really thought of being involved in a religious order is because my exposure has been limited. I don't want to feel forced to become a nun, however, if I go on one of these retreats that the orders offer, you know?

JuCa and I have discussed the silent retreats at the Passionist. I need to just haul it over there one weekend and get away from the craziness of life!

And Fr. Burns, although we don't hang out that much anymore cuz the man is so wicked busy, has been such a blessing and inspiration in my life...like you had said Faustina Vianney. I just can't get enough of Fr. Dusty! Right JuCa...no matter how many times he sells out or how "bling blingin" he'll become! ;)

Posted

FaustinaVianney- Steve is a great guy! I should see Fr. Tony this Friday at a TEC Thanksgiving thing. I'll have to ask him about you. For adoration those two priest popped to my mind first! Are you coming home for Christmas break?

Gunz- what can I say? "Sell out......boooooooooooooooooo" haha I love joking with him!

You know you are always welcome to go on any of my crazy travels with me :) And if you ever want a retreat...just let me know..and i can get you the hook up! It would definitely just give you the time to be by yourself and Jesus Christ.

Posted

i'm totally up for the vocation night! and yes deffinatly Fr. Tony and Fr. Burns, why not try for both, though we all know thier both entirely too busy we're lucky to get one. I got to see Fr. Tony fri. night at Daylight. It was so good to see him! I havent' seen him since me and Missy drove down that one time.

Missy thanks for answering for me i've got to study algebra, and need to keep it short, but yet here I still am..

immaculata

if you didn't feel this way i'd tell you why the heck are you looking into religious life. its not for the people who hate men, or can't stand children. Its not the same kind of motherhood, but it deffinately is. Remember the little flower, she converted a guy on death row, and she at her young age, i forget how old she was, considered him the first of her children.

FaustinaVianney
Posted

gunz25~Girl, you are so totally welcome to anything we have. I believe that you are right in saying that Rel Life is something that you have never thought of because you haven't been around them, which is part of the reason why I think we should have a discernment night with a few different sisters, so that we can learn of this very special vocation. Not that marriage isn't a special vocation, but ya know what I'm saying. We are all called to do different things and if we don't know one of our options how can we make a well informed decision??? I feel for ya with the Fr Burns thing. He is always cancelling and rebooking our spir dir times. He's great he just wants to do too much! Gotta give him snaps for trying though!!

sista2b~I know what you mean about our fave priests being too busy, but the thing is that they both have discernment and youth close to the top of their priortiy lists, so it's possible to get both but one would be sufficient. We will just have to ask 'em if they will bring Jesus out so we can play. :) God will make sure that!! hehe Good luck with the Algebra! I got an A+ in that class. I loved it and I'm NOT one to love math!!!

I'm so hyped up because I just got back from a video lecture on Theology of the Body!!! Christopher West is so amesome!!!

JuCa~Yeppers, I'll be 'home' for Christmas. I don't really have 'a home' but I do hang out in Jasper mainly at St Joseph's. hehe If one can't find me they go to Church and there I am. If you ask Fr Tony about ya have to tell me what he says. The man is too funny! Ask him if I email him. hehehe I'm hoping to leave Cinci at 4AM to make it to Jasper and surprise the pontifex with skyline chili. I hope this is in God's plans as well! hehe

Veritatem dare summa caritas

Laudare, Benedicere, Praedicare (To Praise Him, To Bless Him, To Preach Him)

*HUGS-n-PEACE*

Mis :):) :)

Posted

i don't know if faustinavianny has access now that shes back in Jasper, i'm not sure where she's stayin, but she did make it to Jasper i saw her this morning b4 school, and yes she was in our home, st. joe.

Posted

Sista2b...it was so wierd! When I got home I went to my desk where my mom puts all my mail and right there on top was something from the Sisters of Mary! I still need to read it, I think it's thier newsletter or something like that. Just thought I'd share that with ya!

I'm already excited about a vocations night. It'll be great.

Well i think i am being calle to hang out with my friend now. She and my sister are in the other room and I don't see either of them much these days. Gotta pull myself away from PM.

Posted

i know what you mean....i'll get off tonight...eventually...

FaustinaVianney
Posted

sista2b~I'm at the Fritch's...You've gotta come visit me in cinci. Br Patrick wants me to pray Liturgy of the Hours with them. His fave is night prayer, but they only do the Salve on Saturday nights. Have you gotten the Advent book yet?? It starts Sat evening???

I got to chat with my good ole spir dir, Fr Burns, today!!! What can I say he loves me...I bring him skyline chili. hehe He's so groovey!! It was a great lil chat!!! I might get to see Fr Tony Sat or Sun I have to return I book I borrowed...

Pray for me. I'm going to visit people that hate me tomorrow...my family.

Discernment night here we come!!! hehe

Alrighty, I'm gonna try to sleep...if it is possible..

"Jesus take my heart and NEVER give it back."

Veritatem dare summa caritas

:):) :)

Posted

Fr. Tony's saying Mass in Haubstaut...Sts. Peter and Paul at 5:00 (E-ville time, I think) for the TEC community. But all are welcome!!!!

FaustinaVianney
Posted

Fr Tony Mass...what day???

sista2b~you up for going to St Meinrad sometime this weekend??? Maybe we can do homework with Jesus on holy ground. :D

Veritatem dare summa caritas

*HUGS-n-PEACE*

:):) :)

FaustinaVianney
Posted

I've never been on a TEC, but I have been on a Cursillo...

:):) :)

Posted

FaustinaVianny, St. Minerad sounds great, i went the other day just to get the advent bood, but they're all out. They're supposed to call me when they get it in. The only hw i have is this sociology report. I have to get 3 interviews on 'experts'. my hypothisis is students who are more informed about abortion are more likely to be pro-life. So, I'm going to talk to Steve Uebehlor, and thats all i got. its alittle late but i'll pray for you, tell me how it went w/ the fam.

I was planning on going to tec, but i haven't been able to yet. I wanna go in Feb., i know fr. burns and fr. tony, are both doin that one. But, i've got a lot of stuff in Feb. so i don't know if my mom will let me. we'll seee

FaustinaVianney
Posted

can't make it to the TEC Mass on Fri...have plans.

Youth 2000 is in Feb and isn't your retreat for the Mich Sisters in Feb as well? Something with Fr Burns and Fr Tony would be amesome though!!!

Gotta go read some Vianney...

Veritatem dare summa caritas

:):) :)

Posted

I am doubting I'll be at TEC T-day also... my grandpa is in the ICU and he had another attack last night. My brother said he may go today : ( Please pray for him and my family. Esp my Grandma...I am scared about the outcome...She is already spazzing

Posted

:blink: OK, you've totally peaked my interest! Who are you? I'm Brandi. and if you don't know, i'm originally from Jasper. I too - am discerning, and if somebody had to make me choose today where to go....it would be the passionist. Sr. John Mary - I was there at her final vows too, but i don't remember running into anybody from Jasper. It is so great to hear you guys so open to the call of religious life....amesome.

You're right, typically the evansville diocese is seen as very liberal, so i encorage you look into other orders outside of the diocese. If you guys are looking to make a trip to an order and need an adult chaperone, I would love to clear my schedule for you. Just keep me informed. I've been to the Dominicans in Nashville, although not called there, i would love to go back. The are a beautiful and graced order.

I'm curious to hear how you came to know Sr. John Mary. She and I have been freinds for 11 years - she was one of my best friends in high school and it's crazy how much she is still a part of my life although she is cloistered.

I have 2 proposals for you folks in the evansville diocese---- if you're looking for a fullfillment of the Catholic Church and don't know not to go toooo far to the left or tooooo far to the right, check out CL (communion and liberation) it teaches how to follow Christ - and not ppls expectations on how the Church "should" be.

I sound like a adveritsment - :P - ok, i will stop now.

a quick word about TEC - go. but remember, the name stands for Teens Encounter Christ, and you guys have obviuosly already encountered him and recgonize his presence often. So, don't go expecting to have and incredible experience "a high", but it is a great place for prayer, spiritual growth, access the sacraments, and great friends!!!! It really is amesome. Plus - If you can get signed up for the Feb. TEC - the spiritual directors are Fr. Dusty and Fr. Tony....TOGETHER! This TEC is gonna rock! I hope you really considerate going.

OK, gtg, i'll check in later tomorrow.

adios amigas,

pax,

brandi

Posted

Vocation Prayer

O loving Jesus, you promised that once you were lifeted up, you would draw all things to yourself.  Through the mighty power of the Holy Spirit, draw to yourself the hearts of all whom you are calling to be a brother, sister or priest.  If you are giving me this gift help me to respond generously. 

O loving Jesus, I long to gaze upon you.  Reveal to me the beauty of your love in your sacred Passion.  Enlighten my mind to see the passing nature of all earthly things.  Make me thirst after you, who alone can satisfy the deepest longings of my heart. 

O loving Jesus, Spouse of Souls, let me hear your voice calling my name.  Give me realization of the urgent and grave needs of our times, so that I may generously leave all things in order to follow you. 

O loving Jesus, I ask all this for the glory of your holy Name and to obtain an abundance of your mercy for souls.  I commit myself entirely to your holy will.

Amen! :)

Posted

thanks BLAZEr

post as many as you wish : )

ditto. those are all so amesome!!! B) B) B)

Posted

Remember the little flower, she converted a guy on death row, and she at her young age, i forget how old she was, considered him the first of her children.

she was only 15....my age!!!!

St. Therese ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Posted

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

sorry, i just had an urge to say that.... :rolleyes: :D :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...