FaustinaVianney Posted November 29, 2003 Posted November 29, 2003 Schmandi~I'm assuming you are talking to me...since I am prolly the only one in the E'ville diocese that has no clue as to who you are. I'm not originally from Jasper. I'm from Paoli. Over the past year and half/two years I have hung out in Jasper. I stay with the Uebelhor's, Fritch's, and Huether's when I'm on break because I have no 'home.' These families have taken wonderful care me offering their home, monies, and time. I try to keep a low profile because I don't want to be popular. I only know a handful of people and Sista2b is the only one in the diocese that I know of that is seeking a vocation in Rel Life. I met Sr John Mary on a retreat last January. The Passionists are a lovely order and so would love to be called to a cloister, but God has other plans for me. I actually believe that I'm called to the Nashville Dominicans. I can't get enough of 'em!!! What's the age limit on a TEC??? I'm 22 (I'll be 23 by Feb), so I don't know that I could attend and how much does it cost because I do good to have enough money for food... Anything with Fr Burns and Fr Tony has got to be amesome!! I would encourage everyone to go on that TEC!!! I've never heard of CL, but it sounds interesting. I don't think there is one in the parish where I attend Mass, but I don't feel that I'm too conservative or too liberal. I try to ask Jesus what the right way is for everything, but one can always learn more about the Church!!! Veritatem dare summa caritas *HUGS-n-PEACE* :)
FaustinaVianney Posted November 29, 2003 Posted November 29, 2003 JuCa~know of my prayers for your grandfather!!! I hope you had a Blessed Thanksgiving!!! "Jesus take my heart and NEVER give it back" :)
VeraMaria Posted November 29, 2003 Posted November 29, 2003 "Jesus take my heart and NEVER give it back" i love that quote! :D :wub: :wub: :wub:
JuCa Posted November 29, 2003 Author Posted November 29, 2003 Thanks FaustinaVianney : ) Right now we are basically just waiting...and waiting...and waiting. Hardest time I've had in a while. Every call freaks me out. Soon I will go back to the hospital to sit in that dreaded waiting room. At least its with a wonderful big extended family. I too love that quote. Thanks for the reminder. There is no age limit on TEC. If you are a TECite you have to be maybe under 21?? Something like that. But if you are over whatever age that would be...you would be called an Observer- basically the adult table. Their is usually a wonderful group of Observers! The Feb TEC would be the one to make...a bunch of amesome people on there!
sista2b Posted November 29, 2003 Posted November 29, 2003 Brandy~ this is ali FaustinaVianney, yes we do now have a cl, its on Mondays, it starts at 7. If you'll still be around then i'll meet you after Mass, and take ya. Its at Fred's how, its not that hard to find, but its just as well i take ya, or you can follow me. or pm and i'll tell ya directions. JuCa~I'll deffinatly pray for your family
FaustinaVianney Posted November 29, 2003 Posted November 29, 2003 sista2b~I was talking about my parish in Cinci. I don't do too much with others in Jasper. Most people seem to be more confusing than helpful in Jasper. I don't know where I got that quote, but it was from Sister that said it would be helpful for know my vocation. It's very true! "Jesus take my heart and NEVER give it back!!!" Veritatem dare summa caritas :)
VeraMaria Posted November 29, 2003 Posted November 29, 2003 Go to this thread...really kewl avatar that saya "future nun" lol :D http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?a...st=0#entry64302 it's this one:
sista2b Posted November 29, 2003 Posted November 29, 2003 faustinavianney, ohhh that explains it sorry :ph34r: i thnk you may be right about people in jasper being more confusing then helpful, and i think our cl is a bit too...young yet, not in age so much but more in what we can handle. Ya know? We'll get there just it'll take a little while. i know what you mean about getting too known though, did you know i'm going to a fransiscan school this year?.... how'd it go w/ the family?
FaustinaVianney Posted November 30, 2003 Posted November 30, 2003 sista2b~what's this about a Franciscan school??? I'm leaving Sunday. I have to be in Cinci Mon morn for class. Thanksgiving couldn't have been any worse. I just wanted to die...My stepmother won't allow my brothers to sit by me, look at me, or talk to me and my father didn't even talk to me or even look at me!!! There was an open space to sit beside me and eat and my stepmother went into the living room and sat on the floor! I must have cooties or something! Glory Be!!! Veramaria~ groovey avatar!! I asked Fr Tony tonight if he was up for a discernment night/retreat. He said yes as long as he is available, which is basically what we knew, but now we know for sure. I'll ask Fr B after Mass tom as well. We've got to think of the orders we want to invite and where the discernment shindig will be??? then we can check the availability of everybody, how long will the retreat be (1 day or 2 or what??)...brainstorming time!!! Sisters to invite: Nashville Dom and Sisters of Mary Dom Carmelites Sisters of the Renewal?? Sisters of Life?? Sisters of St Francis of the Martyr St George??? (they are in St Louis, a decent group, but not my cup of tea) anybody have any ideas?? One mustn't put ideas into my head if one doesn't want to follow through with it. Ask my high school friends. I go after what I want I don't ride the backseat...hehe "Jesus take my heart and NEVER give it back!!!" Veritatem dare summa caritas :)
sista2b Posted November 30, 2003 Posted November 30, 2003 about the fransiscan school, one of the ladies in church meaning well, i think she was one of my religion teachers when i was little, asked me when i was leaving for school. This was a little b4 school started. I tried to explain i was still a senior. But she wasn't talking about college. She was talking about a special high school to become a fransiscan. I'm not even looking in to fransiscans, and the only ones i've met are guys!!!! I don't know where that one got started. Is there even a school like this? Sorry about your family, i'll pray for them. I thought your dad was still on your side? Well the good news is you do have the Church family and you Phamily, but i know its not the same. *hugs* I think if we have the discernment thing often it should just be one day, but if not maybe two. Sisters of Life would be amesome, i thnk theres some in Indy. Steve could probably get thier number or something from the Archbishop he knows him pretty well. Hes still trying to get him to become a preist.
FaustinaVianney Posted November 30, 2003 Posted November 30, 2003 okay about the discernment thing...I was thinking that maybe we could have like one big day/weekend for anyone that wants to know what Rel Life is about with a bunch of sisters. Ya know, there are so many people don't even think of discerning a vocation in Rel Life because we have no sisters in habit around us to foster such a vocation... but those of us that really leaning more towards the Rel Life or anyone that just wants to get together and discuss discerning we could that more often...once a month or every six weeks or so. ya know to see how things are goin, where we are in our discernment, etc and to def pray together because we need that severely and of course find a priest to bring Jesus out and ya know maybe could ask that priest questions and such. all to help us grow... but that's all just a thought... Jesus take my heart and NEVER give it back Veritatem dare summa caritas :)
FaustinaVianney Posted November 30, 2003 Posted November 30, 2003 My dad used to be somewhat on my side, but he is an incredibly weak man. He doesn't know true love and he fears of living alone, so he will do anything that my stepmother says. My stepmother wrote me a letter this past semester telling me how worthless I was and how I've made so many bad decisions, so I'm guessing that she has put fear of divorce into my father's head. My stepmother loves to control things which is part of the reason why she hates me. She has never been able to control me even when I was 7. God gives me strength to stand up for what is right even when I don't want such strength, so I've gone against a lot of things that she has said/done. It gets really hard at times, but it's part of the cross that I must bear and God doesn't ask anything of us that He and I can't do together. I have no strength left to continue fighting with her, now it's just spirtual battle. Jesus is taking over... Jesus take my heart and NEVER give it back!!! Veritatem dare summa caritas :)
JuCa Posted November 30, 2003 Author Posted November 30, 2003 "Jesus take my heart and NEVER give it back!!!" just thought...one of the Passionists told me that one gotta love em' will post more later gotta get sleep...gonna be a real tough day tomorrow with the fam....please keep the prayers up, tomorrow may be the day my gramps leaves
VeraMaria Posted November 30, 2003 Posted November 30, 2003 Go to this thread...really kewl avatar that saya "future nun" lol :D http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?a...st=0#entry64302 it's this one: :D
FaustinaVianney Posted November 30, 2003 Posted November 30, 2003 good news..Fr Burns said 'give me a date and I'll be there!' yay! I figure the first decision is where and then when, then everything else...I have a few ideas, but don't know the 'where' sista2b, JuCa any ideas on the where? JuCa~many many prayers are going out to you and your fam! Jesus take my heart and NEVER give it back!!! Veritatem dare summa caritas :)
sista2b Posted December 1, 2003 Posted December 1, 2003 well, how big is this thing going to be, how much space, will it be the whole diocese? If it is, ya know there will be certain orders, not to name names that would umm insist on coming. That is if they even heard about it. Anyways... OH i just thought of a place to have it! Can we still use the Outpost? Last i heard as long as there isn't a highway through it yet we can still use it. It'll be kinda cold in the winter but in the spring till fall i'd be amesome! I don't remember if ne of the buildings have heating or ne thing. If not there i donno. I'm sure St. Mary's wouldn't mind letting us use one of the buildings. I don't know how the other churches outside of Jasper are.
emalouhow Posted December 1, 2003 Posted December 1, 2003 This thread is totally amesome!!! I'm sorry it took me so long to really get into it. If you guys plan a trip to visit the Passionists or the Dominicans or WHOEVER, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know! :D I think the Little Sisters of the Poor have a retreat coming up in January (9-11th), but I can't go b/c I have to take a test in order to eventually get my teaching license (that's kinda important considering that it's taken me 5 yrs to get there). It's just so wonderful to be in touch w/ girls who are open to whatever God has planned for them. I mean, I would love to be married and have a family (I LOVE CHILDREN), but I also know that I want to do whatever God has planned for me because I trust Him. He hasn't led me wrong yet (even though I have some issues with His timing...but maybe that's because I'm so impatient). So I will continue to pray for you all, and that we may all continue to be open, humble, and full of trust! Mother of good counsel...Pray for us! :D
emalouhow Posted December 1, 2003 Posted December 1, 2003 Go to this thread...really kewl avatar that saya "future nun" lol :D http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?a...st=0#entry64302 it's this one: HA!! That's Audrey Hepburn on that avatar!! That just cracks me up b/c she's my favorite actress....has anyone seen her movie A Nun's Story (it's a true story about a nun who is a nurse in the African congo...unfortunately she ends up leaving the order at the end of the movie). But that avatar is too cute Vera! ;)
JuCa Posted December 1, 2003 Author Posted December 1, 2003 I think you can use Outpost. They don't have any heating or air conditioning...i think. Yes unfortunately we would have certain orders that would just barge in...but if we set up this thing...we don't have to center anything towards them or what not. I'll still be thinking of places around the Diocese...might as well make it Diocesan wide...could maybe touch more people that way- if they come. the word vocation may scare them a bit
FaustinaVianney Posted December 1, 2003 Posted December 1, 2003 I agree with Diocesan wide. We need as many people as possible to be touched by God's grace. I also believe for it to be a true discernment and to get more girls involved we should invite a few married women to chat about that vocation and how beautiful it is. About the where. Outpost could be good depending on the when and the weather. If it is an overnight thing we could always bring our sleeping bags and sleep on a gym floor, but where will we here talks and do the chatting, ya know with Jesus exposed? *HUGS-n-PEACE* :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now