An Old School Catholic Message Board

NFP for Newlyweds

argent_paladin

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 8 2005, 06:00 PM']Silly you! That's why you take pictures beforehand.
[right][snapback]716075[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

But you aren't suppose to see the bride before the wedding... :detective:

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 8 2005, 05:02 PM']I think anyone who thinks they need to " wait " to have kids should be forced to chase a 2 year old around for a few days and then be asked to really think about if they want to do that when they are 40--- I am looking forard to having a 10 year old to go chase down his siblings when I'm 40.
[right][snapback]716076[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is a very, very good point. If I had any say in the matter, I'd start having children in the next couple of years just so I won't be 40 and chasing a toddler.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 8 2005, 05:03 PM']But you aren't suppose to see the bride before the wedding...  :detective:
[right][snapback]716080[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Superstition, that's all that is. She'll look no less beautiful coming down the aisle, I'm sure.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 8 2005, 05:03 PM']I'm afraid to look at the pictures. :blush:
[right][snapback]716082[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling:

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 8 2005, 06:07 PM']Superstition, that's all that is. She'll look no less beautiful coming down the aisle, I'm sure.
[right][snapback]716086[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol: ah well. The wedding is two years gone. If only I had been Catholic then i would have known better. :idontknow:

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 8 2005, 05:07 PM']Superstition, that's all that is. She'll look no less beautiful coming down the aisle, I'm sure.
[right][snapback]716086[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

see yet another reason to shed superstition.

Actually I think it was always an attempt to minimize cold feet, and/ or cohersion that became a superstition. but regardless it is a very inconvient one, if you have prereception plans :saint:

Now I best stop because well my wife moderates these boards, and she is well a ninja.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 8 2005, 05:11 PM']see yet another reason to shed superstition.
Actually I think it was always an attempt to minimize cold feet, and/ or cohersion that became a superstition. but regardless it is a very inconvient one, if you have prereception plans :saint:
Now I best stop because well my wife moderates these boards, and she is well a ninja.
[right][snapback]716092[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
DJ: A man who knows on which side his bread is buttered.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 8 2005, 05:12 PM']DJ: A man who knows on which side his bread is buttered.
[right][snapback]716095[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
my bread! Ha I know she hits hard! really really hard!

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 8 2005, 06:15 PM']my bread! Ha I know she hits hard! really really hard!
[right][snapback]716098[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well I'll be. We have something in common. I guess we will have to cancel judicial combat. So the saying goes the wife once looked at me and told me to get out from under the bed and fight like a man.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 8 2005, 05:18 PM']Well I'll be. We have something in common. I guess we will have to cancel judicial combat. So the saying goes the wife once looked at me and told me to get out from under the bed and fight like a man.
[right][snapback]716109[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'll make you a deal, you don't accuse me of being a schismatic, and we can call off the judical combat. ( plus I'll refrain from comments questioning your reading ability)

Thy Geekdom Come

I was once misinformed about this particular subject and would have disagreed with you all.

However, that was last December.

I can only hope that God is good enough to provide for our family when we have it.

Of course...He's God...He's always good. :D:

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 8 2005, 06:27 PM']I'll make you a deal, you don't accuse me of being a schismatic, and we can call off the judical combat.  ( plus I'll refrain from comments questioning your reading ability)
[right][snapback]716122[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

deal. Certianly I apologize for that.