homeschoolmom Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:05 AM']It does a body good. [right][snapback]722835[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I thought it was milk that does a body good.
Luthien Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 Speaking of which, I should go running today...
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:07 AM']I thought it was milk that does a body good. [right][snapback]722840[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That too, but this thread is about exercise, which also does a body good.
homeschoolmom Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 I bought tennis equipment for the HSfam. I have to do my own phy ed. this year....
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:09 AM']I bought tennis equipment for the HSfam. I have to do my own phy ed. this year.... [right][snapback]722845[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I wish I could play tennis. The hand-eye coordination escapes me, though.
Theologian in Training Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 Sojourner, You keep saying how bad your hand-eye coordination is, but I bet if you start juggling that will improve Maybe I should start a juggling thread where I teach the basics and the benefits of juggling. hmmmm
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:13 AM']Sojourner, You keep saying how bad your hand-eye coordination is, but I bet if you start juggling that will improve Maybe I should start a juggling thread where I teach the basics and the benefits of juggling. hmmmm [right][snapback]722850[/snapback][/right] [/quote] It's quite possible that it would. The main problem for me is depth perception, which I really don't have because of my eyes.
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 *snicker* Exercise certainly does a body or errr bodies..good
Theologian in Training Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:16 AM']It's quite possible that it would. The main problem for me is depth perception, which I really don't have because of my eyes. [right][snapback]722857[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh ok, well see you never told me about your eyes. I did not know about that. What is wrong, if you don't mind my asking?
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:17 AM']Oh ok, well see you never told me about your eyes. I did not know about that. What is wrong, if you don't mind my asking? [right][snapback]722859[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I have amblyopia, or lazy eye. I had surgery for it when I was four, so you really can't tell that anything's wrong unless I'm really tired. What it means, though, is that my eyes don't work together as they should. I did eye exercises for years as a children, focusing at different distances, and I'm sure that's kept my eyes in better health than they otherwise would be. I still do those exercise from time to time, and my eye doctor now has the same condition (which is nice) and has been able to make some helpful recommendations. This has a huge effect on any sort of sport that involves balls flying through the air, or measuring distance visually. I'll never be a sharpshooter like my brother is. Tennis, volleyball, badminton, football, basketball, etc., are all fun to play, but I smell of elderberries at them. As I've gotten older, I've learned not to take that suckiness as hard as I used to -- instead, I focus on sports I CAN do, like cycling and swimming.
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:18 AM']I love exercise. [right][snapback]722862[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Me too! I should exercise more.
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:39 AM']Me too! I should exercise more. [right][snapback]722881[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'd love to find a good workout buddy. Exercise just isn't the same without a good buddy.
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:44 AM']I'd love to find a good workout buddy. Exercise just isn't the same without a good buddy. [right][snapback]722884[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I agree! Working out with a buddy is so much more fun and keeps you motivated!
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:45 AM']I agree! Working out with a buddy is so much more fun and keeps you motivated! [right][snapback]722887[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Totally. The motivational factor is huge. A little encouragement from a buddy goes a long ways.
Jaime Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 I had a friend helping me with my work out regime for a while. That was nice!! I want to make a tshirt that says hot stuff's First Law of Physics A body in motion tends to stays in motion [i] A body at rest gets no dates![/i]
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:50 AM']I had a friend helping me with my work out regime for a while. That was nice!! I want to make a tshirt that says hot stuff's First Law of Physics A body in motion tends to stays in motion [i] A body at rest gets no dates![/i] [right][snapback]722890[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I want you to print one of those up for me! Time to find a new work out buddy?
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:46 AM']Totally. The motivational factor is huge. A little encouragement from a buddy goes a long ways. [right][snapback]722888[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Or a long time...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now