Jaime Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:39 PM']Not only did you make fun of Carrie's title (and imply a certain number of things) but I think you took a jab at my DT thread...nice job...twenty points for you. [right][snapback]723295[/snapback][/right] [/quote] What's the DT thread?
Totus Tuus Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Dudette' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:43 AM']*sigh* *dreams of going back to martial arts* [right][snapback]723054[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Me too. But doing it on my own ain't so bad, sometimes. Right now I'm making sure to do my stretches every day, at least. And I have one of those non-machine stair climbers, and five pound weights in my room, so that helps at least...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 14 2005, 03:41 PM']What's the DT thread? [right][snapback]723297[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=39672&view=findpost&p=723231"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...ndpost&p=723231[/url]
Totus Tuus Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 (edited) [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:36 PM']You know back in the 80s we would have total random workout buddies. Oh we'd just go to the gym and we'd know we'd have someone that we could work out with. Sometimes there'd be a whole group working out and you'd find yourself spotting people who didn't even know your name and five minutes later they were curling with someone else!! Hours of random anonymous lifting with people you'd probably never see again. You didn't know how many people they'd spotted before! It could be dozens for all you knew! But then the next day you'd wake up with pulled muscles, torn cartilage and even tendinitis But that was the 80s. How were we to know that irresponsible working out could cause injuries?!?! No one told us! We were young! Society told us to work out! We were the work out generation!! Its now 2005 and I realize that if someone wants to be my work out buddy, we have to get to know each other first. Its a long process and it involves a certain amount of vulnerability and (sniff) trust! [right][snapback]723286[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Man you must be old. Edited September 14, 2005 by Totus Tuus
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 14 2005, 04:36 PM']You know back in the 80s we would have total random workout buddies. Oh we'd just go to the gym and we'd know we'd have someone that we could work out with. Sometimes there'd be a whole group working out and you'd find yourself spotting people who didn't even know your name and five minutes later they were curling with someone else!! Hours of random anonymous lifting with people you'd probably never see again. You didn't know how many people they'd spotted before! It could be dozens for all you knew! But then the next day you'd wake up with pulled muscles, torn cartilage and even tendinitis But that was the 80s. How were we to know that irresponsible working out could cause injuries?!?! No one told us! We were young! Society told us to work out! We were the work out generation!! Its now 2005 and I realize that if someone wants to be my work out buddy, we have to get to know each other first. Its a long process and it involves a certain amount of vulnerability and (sniff) trust! [right][snapback]723286[/snapback][/right] [/quote] My beloved 80s... [quote]Not only did you make fun of Carrie's title (and imply a certain number of things) but I think you took a jab at my DT thread...nice job...twenty points for you.[/quote] He did very well, didn't he?
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:36 PM']You know back in the 80s we would have total random workout buddies. Oh we'd just go to the gym and we'd know we'd have someone that we could work out with. Sometimes there'd be a whole group working out and you'd find yourself spotting people who didn't even know your name and five minutes later they were curling with someone else!! Hours of random anonymous lifting with people you'd probably never see again. You didn't know how many people they'd spotted before! It could be dozens for all you knew! But then the next day you'd wake up with pulled muscles, torn cartilage and even tendinitis But that was the 80s. How were we to know that irresponsible working out could cause injuries?!?! No one told us! We were young! Society told us to work out! We were the work out generation!! Its now 2005 and I realize that if someone wants to be my work out buddy, we have to get to know each other first. Its a long process and it involves a certain amount of vulnerability and (sniff) trust! [right][snapback]723286[/snapback][/right] [/quote] hot stuff, you are brilliant. Truly brilliant. I'm so glad to know you.
homeschoolmom Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 I never worked out in high school...
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 14 2005, 04:28 PM']I never worked out in high school... [right][snapback]723466[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Me neither. In fact, I've never had much of an exercise regime. I've considered putting together programs with a couple of people, but it's just never quite worked out.
littleflower+JMJ Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 im so stinkin' sore from one day of TKD but it was very fun!
Thumper Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 OK, I haven't shared this with many people, but I've really grown to trust you all over the past few weeks. The thing is . . . I've got a bad case of athlete's foot. I know, I know I really should have been more careful in the showers, but they were just so tempting. Please don't judge me.
homeschoolmom Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Thumper' date='Sep 14 2005, 05:18 PM']OK, I haven't shared this with many people, but I've really grown to trust you all over the past few weeks. The thing is . . . I've got a bad case of athlete's foot. I know, I know I really should have been more careful in the showers, but they were just so tempting. Please don't judge me. [right][snapback]723553[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'm sorry to hear that. Don't you know that you should wear shower shoes??
Thumper Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 My conscious is unformed as to a moral stance on shower shoes. Are there any Church documents?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Thumper' date='Sep 14 2005, 06:43 PM']My conscious is unformed as to a moral stance on shower shoes. Are there any Church documents? [right][snapback]723594[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Thumper' date='Sep 14 2005, 05:43 PM']My conscious is unformed as to a moral stance on shower shoes. Are there any Church documents? [right][snapback]723594[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I believe the concensus is that any form of contrainfection is a sin, so you were right not to wear shower shoes. However, maybe you should re-think getting into the shower in the first place. That would be your first mistake.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 06:46 PM']I believe the concensus is that any form of contrainfection is a sin, so you were right not to wear shower shoes. However, maybe you should re-think getting into the shower in the first place. That would be your first mistake. [right][snapback]723596[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
littleflower+JMJ Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 wow thumper...after sharing that i feel like i've known you my whole life its okay that you have athletes foot we still love you
littleflower+JMJ Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 05:46 PM']I believe the concensus is that any form of contrainfection is a sin, so you were right not to wear shower shoes. However, maybe you should re-think getting into the shower in the first place. That would be your first mistake. [right][snapback]723596[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i guess we'll just have to wait till cam comes back to let us know i have a feeling he might know something about this
Dudette Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 I went for an hour long bike ride tonight... ahhh, I love biking.
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Dudette' date='Sep 14 2005, 05:55 PM']I went for an hour long bike ride tonight... ahhh, I love biking. [right][snapback]723616[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Me too! I'm gearing up for a 120-mile ride sometime in October. I found a friend who will bike with me to my parents' house and back, so it will be a good long ride. The longest I've done so far is 27 miles, so this will be an adventure.
Dudette Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 07:57 PM']Me too! I'm gearing up for a 120-mile ride sometime in October. I found a friend who will bike with me to my parents' house and back, so it will be a good long ride. The longest I've done so far is 27 miles, so this will be an adventure. [right][snapback]723618[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I dunno how long I've biked. I usually go for enjoyment, but now I'm starting to do it for exercise because I can't work out and I can't run, plus walking is boring. lol.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now