Norseman82 Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:14 AM']I mean, when you're weight lifting, you only need one spotter. If you have two, you must be taking on much more than is meant for you, anyway. [right][snapback]722911[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Not necessarily. Some people can lift greater amounts. Example: maybe Joey Bagadonuts can bench 450. I cannot. I would probably not be able to spot him on my own.
Theoketos Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:30 AM']Yeah, I just haven't found someone who can withstand the rigors of the workout I put myself through. When I say "full body workout" that's exactly what I mean. I really put a person through his paces, and most people I've tried out as buddies just can't keep up. [right][snapback]722932[/snapback][/right] [/quote] If we only lived near each other, because I have the same problem...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:01 PM']*giggle* [right][snapback]723136[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Ditto...this thread has had an entirely unintended effect.
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 14 2005, 01:13 PM']Ditto...this thread has had an entirely unintended effect. [right][snapback]723149[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah, you can say that again.
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Sep 14 2005, 03:57 PM'] [right][snapback]723223[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I knew you'd get it!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:57 PM'] [right][snapback]723223[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Sep 14 2005, 03:09 PM']I like exercise. [right][snapback]723235[/snapback][/right] [/quote] ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, exercise sounds nice. I weigh a lot...I'll have to do it sooner or later, but I'm too busy right now. I think I'll wait a few years. Until then, my exercise buddy and I can work on the spiritual and mental sides of the buddy-buddy system. *snickers*
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Sep 14 2005, 01:57 PM'] [right][snapback]723223[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 Oh, I have tears streaming down the side of my face!!
Old_Joe Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 I'm still trying to figure out what's so funny. This is what happens when you don't have the game Clue.
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:14 PM']Oh, I have tears streaming down the side of my face!! [right][snapback]723242[/snapback][/right] [/quote] My co-workers are wondering what's wrong with me.
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 04:15 PM']My co-workers are wondering what's wrong with me. [right][snapback]723246[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Same here!! And I'm new! They're going to think I'm as nutty as my patients!!
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:16 PM']Same here!! And I'm new! They're going to think I'm as nutty as my patients!! [right][snapback]723248[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I should clarify: My co-workers already know there are major things wrong with me. This just confirms the earlier diagnoses.
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 04:17 PM']I should clarify: My co-workers already know there are major things wrong with me. This just confirms the earlier diagnoses. [right][snapback]723249[/snapback][/right] [/quote] It's always good to reassure them they were right!
Jaime Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 You know back in the 80s we would have total random workout buddies. Oh we'd just go to the gym and we'd know we'd have someone that we could work out with. Sometimes there'd be a whole group working out and you'd find yourself spotting people who didn't even know your name and five minutes later they were curling with someone else!! Hours of random anonymous lifting with people you'd probably never see again. You didn't know how many people they'd spotted before! It could be dozens for all you knew! But then the next day you'd wake up with pulled muscles, torn cartilage and even tendinitis But that was the 80s. How were we to know that irresponsible working out could cause injuries?!?! No one told us! We were young! Society told us to work out! We were the work out generation!! Its now 2005 and I realize that if someone wants to be my work out buddy, we have to get to know each other first. Its a long process and it involves a certain amount of vulnerability and (sniff) trust!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 14 2005, 03:36 PM']You know back in the 80s we would have total random workout buddies. Oh we'd just go to the gym and we'd know we'd have someone that we could work out with. Sometimes there'd be a whole group working out and you'd find yourself spotting people who didn't even know your name and five minutes later they were curling with someone else!! Hours of random anonymous lifting with people you'd probably never see again. You didn't know how many people they'd spotted before! It could be dozens for all you knew! But then the next day you'd wake up with pulled muscles, torn cartilage and even tendinitis But that was the 80s. How were we to know that irresponsible working out could cause injuries?!?! No one told us! We were young! Society told us to work out! We were the work out generation!! Its now 2005 and I realize that if someone wants to be my work out buddy, we have to get to know each other first. Its a long process and it involves a certain amount of vulnerability and (sniff) trust! [right][snapback]723286[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Not only did you make fun of Carrie's title (and imply a certain number of things) but I think you took a jab at my DT thread...nice job...twenty points for you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now