Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:55 AM']Apparently so [right][snapback]722894[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You should bonk the old work out buddy over the head for not helping anymore!
Jaime Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:56 AM']You should bonk the old work out buddy over the head for not helping anymore! [right][snapback]722895[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Eh she's got things that are more important to her. I should really take more responsibility for it anyway! It was very helpful though while it lasted! She was good at keeping me focused!
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 14 2005, 12:00 PM']Eh she's got things that are more important to her. I should really take more responsibility for it anyway! It was very helpful though while it lasted! She was good at keeping me focused! [right][snapback]722902[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Sounds like it was nice while it lasted...
Theologian in Training Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:24 AM']I have amblyopia, or lazy eye. I had surgery for it when I was four, so you really can't tell that anything's wrong unless I'm really tired. What it means, though, is that my eyes don't work together as they should. I did eye exercises for years as a children, focusing at different distances, and I'm sure that's kept my eyes in better health than they otherwise would be. I still do those exercise from time to time, and my eye doctor now has the same condition (which is nice) and has been able to make some helpful recommendations. This has a huge effect on any sort of sport that involves balls flying through the air, or measuring distance visually. I'll never be a sharpshooter like my brother is. Tennis, volleyball, badminton, football, basketball, etc., are all fun to play, but I smell of elderberries at them. As I've gotten older, I've learned not to take that suckiness as hard as I used to -- instead, I focus on sports I CAN do, like cycling and swimming. [right][snapback]722869[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh, well, that makes sense then. Yet, it shows your determination and drive not to let that limit you in doing those things you can do. Ok then, I won't bother you anymore about juggling I still think I may make a juggling thread with directions and such though. God Bless
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 You know, some of you are implying that you've had work out buddies previously. While this practice is commonplace in our society, one should try to repent of previous buddies so as not to upset the current buddy by holding him or her to a standard of exercise beyond his or her means. Of course, it is truly only acceptable to have one exercise buddy, even if at different times. Otherwise, you may spread sweat really easily from one buddy to another, not to mention that it's really something meant for two people. I mean, when you're weight lifting, you only need one spotter. If you have two, you must be taking on much more than is meant for you, anyway.
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:14 AM']You know, some of you are implying that you've had work out buddies previously. While this practice is commonplace in our society, one should try to repent of previous buddies so as not to upset the current buddy by holding him or her to a standard of exercise beyond his or her means. Of course, it is truly only acceptable to have one exercise buddy, even if at different times. Otherwise, you may spread sweat really easily from one buddy to another, not to mention that it's really something meant for two people. I mean, when you're weight lifting, you only need one spotter. If you have two, you must be taking on much more than is meant for you, anyway. [right][snapback]722911[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I do try to stick with having one buddy at a time. And really, every buddy is different. I've just not had the good fortune to have a long-standing buddy like some have had. I think the longer you're buddies with someone, the better the workout can be.
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 12:24 PM'] I do try to stick with having one buddy at a time. And really, every buddy is different. I've just not had the good fortune to have a long-standing buddy like some have had. I think the longer you're buddies with someone, the better the workout can be. [right][snapback]722924[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yes, one buddy at a time is the best way to go.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:24 AM'] I do try to stick with having one buddy at a time. And really, every buddy is different. I've just not had the good fortune to have a long-standing buddy like some have had. I think the longer you're buddies with someone, the better the workout can be. [right][snapback]722924[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'm still having a problem with this. I think the workout buddy relationship is much deeper than any normal friendship. There needs to be a level of commitment from even before the first workout. I mean, maybe you can do your pre-workout stretches in the same room, but what if your spotter drops the barbell on your neck...I mean, you're trusting this guy with your life! There needs to be a commitment of a whole life involved...a lifelong exercise buddy commitment.
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:28 AM']I'm still having a problem with this. I think the workout buddy relationship is much deeper than any normal friendship. There needs to be a level of commitment from even before the first workout. I mean, maybe you can do your pre-workout stretches in the same room, but what if your spotter drops the barbell on your neck...I mean, you're trusting this guy with your life! There needs to be a commitment of a whole life involved...a lifelong exercise buddy commitment. [right][snapback]722928[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah, I just haven't found someone who can withstand the rigors of the workout I put myself through. When I say "full body workout" that's exactly what I mean. I really put a person through his paces, and most people I've tried out as buddies just can't keep up.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 Hmmm...don't know how to help you there. I think there just needs to be a clear understanding before hand what kind of exercise the buddy-buddy relationship will entail. Then there won't be any buddy swapping.
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 Not looking to swap buddies. I'm happy for anyone who has a good buddy, really. But it would be nice to find a buddy of my own.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:37 AM']Not looking to swap buddies. I'm happy for anyone who has a good buddy, really. But it would be nice to find a buddy of my own. [right][snapback]722943[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh, of course. It's nice to find a buddy. Exercise makes the body strong and well-experienced, and wisdom comes from experience, so in some sense, we gain great wisdom from having exercise buddies. It's such a wonderful thought to know that we can have that kind of communion with someone where we help one another to be better in every possible way. I mean, really, it's more than just physical exercise...it's mental and spiritual, too...it's like peer mentoring. Very important to have a buddy.
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2005 Author Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:49 AM']Oh, of course. It's nice to find a buddy. Exercise makes the body strong and well-experienced, and wisdom comes from experience, so in some sense, we gain great wisdom from having exercise buddies. It's such a wonderful thought to know that we can have that kind of communion with someone where we help one another to be better in every possible way. I mean, really, it's more than just physical exercise...it's mental and spiritual, too...it's like peer mentoring. Very important to have a buddy. [right][snapback]722961[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I was thinking exactly that, but you put it in words much better than I could have. Thanks. I can't wait until I find a good buddy of my own.
LiL Kat Said Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 soccer = exercise soccer = fun exercise = fun?!
Carrie Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='LiL Kat Said' date='Sep 14 2005, 12:52 PM']soccer = exercise soccer = fun exercise = fun?! [right][snapback]722972[/snapback][/right] [/quote] This is like logic in math class, right?
zabbazooey Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 I had a great workout buddy, she just quit working out.
Totus Tuus Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 Martial arts, baby. .... and Curves for women.
zabbazooey Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 OOOH! I do both (martial arts AND Curves) They're great for getting into shape.
Dudette Posted September 14, 2005 Posted September 14, 2005 [quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Sep 14 2005, 01:12 PM']Martial arts, baby. .... and Curves for women. [right][snapback]723012[/snapback][/right] [/quote] *sigh* *dreams of going back to martial arts*
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now