An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hockey is back!

Tony

Proud2BCatholic139

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Oct 6 2005, 11:55 PM']THE WILD WON YESSSSSSSS
[right][snapback]749204[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I love HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is one of my favorite sports to watch!!!

That's why I have my AIM screen name,

Wild (MN WILD)
Jen (My name)
77 (Sekeras, back in 7th grade, but I just love 7)

The Wings and les Canadiens are currentluy each at the hed of their conference. Have a good look, 'cause I think Detroit might not stay there very long!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! (evil laugh, but in a good way.)

detroit will stay there longer then canada, hun! :saint: i'm positive we'll go farther.

(cynical grin and chuckles to self while muttering 'yes we will...yes we will.') but doing all of this in a good way.

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 7 2005, 09:06 AM']detroit will stay there longer then canada, hun!  :saint: i'm positive we'll go farther.
(cynical grin and chuckles to self while muttering 'yes we will...yes we will.') but doing all of this in a good way.
[right][snapback]749399[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Montreal has more Stanley Cups under their belts than Detroit has fans!
9and I mean that in the best way possible)

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 10:12 AM']Montreal has more Stanley Cups under their belts than Detroit has fans!
9and I mean that in the best way possible)
[right][snapback]749402[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

0o0o0 you didn't just say that?!?!?!?!?and most of the stanley cups came from back when there wasn't even 20 teams compared to the 30 now....i hardly call that winning! as i recall in one of the major hockey magazines, did an article on subjects such as 'the best fans,' 'most obnoxious fans', ect... the red wings WON, i repeat, WON in the 'best fans'....and i quote 'red wings fans are intimidating without being rude and crude'. NOW, did montreal win that category?

you amuse me didacus
:lol_grin:

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 7 2005, 09:20 AM']0o0o0 you didn't just say that?!?!?!?!?and most of the stanley cups came from back when there wasn't even 20 teams compared to the 30 now....i hardly call that winning!
[/quote]

Detroit, along with Montreal, are part of the legacy of the 'original six'. Based on that fact, Detroit should have as many Stanley Cups as Montreal... As many as Toronto... But they don't even measure up to the knees of those two teams.

Keep trying... keep trying...

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 7 2005, 09:20 AM']as i recall in one of the major hockey magazines, did an article on subjects such as 'the best fans,' 'most obnoxious fans', ect... the red wings WON, i repeat, WON in the 'best fans'....and i quote 'red wings fans are intimidating without being rude and crude'. NOW, did montreal win that category?
[/quote]

I am not interested in Detroit propaganda and the magazines they issue in vain attempts to disillusion themselves into false pretext of worthiness. You just go with that... and good luck.

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 7 2005, 09:20 AM']you amuse me didacus
:lol_grin:
[right][snapback]749404[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

As do you onathing1, as do you.

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 10:34 AM']Detroit, along with Montreal, are part of the legacy of the 'original six'.  Based on that fact, Detroit should have as many Stanley Cups as Montreal...  As many as Toronto...  But they don't even measure up to the knees of those two teams
[right][snapback]749409[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i know Detroit is one of the original six, but what i was saying is that montreal won most of their stanely cups when there were less then 20 teams, while Detroit won more then there was 20 minimum. Now, being able to win against MORE teams, i think qualifies you as, possibly, a better team then one that wins more stanley cups when there was less then 20.

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 10:34 AM']I am not interested in Detroit propaganda and the magazines they issue in vain attempts to disillusion themselves into false pretext of worthiness.  You just go with that... and good luck.
[right][snapback]749409[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

false pretext of worthiness? now, i think you're just jealous because detroit has better and more loyal fans then montreal. (and i say that with utmost respect)

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Oct 6 2005, 04:52 PM']hockey's back?

woopty-freakin-doo.....
[right][snapback]748675[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You took the words right out of my mouth. :yawn:

Hockey, football, baseball and death. The weather channel is better.

[quote name='Apathy' date='Oct 7 2005, 10:54 AM']Hockey, football, baseball and death.  The weather channel is better.
[right][snapback]749433[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:blink: :huh:

Catholictothecore

Hockey......

Not all it's cracked up to be. Same for dancing, I guess (one of my interests). Just don't care for it.

[quote name='Christie_M' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:09 AM']do you ever sleep onathing1?
[right][snapback]749453[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

only when its daytime. i'm a nite owl.

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:09 AM']Hockey......
Not all it's cracked up to be. Same for dancing, I guess (one of my interests). Just don't care for it.
[right][snapback]749456[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

wow...i agree with the dancing, but the hockey comment?!?!?

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 7 2005, 09:47 AM']i know Detroit is one of the original six, but what i was saying is that montreal won most of their stanely cups when there were less then 20 teams, while Detroit won more then there was 20 minimum. Now, being able to win against MORE teams, i think qualifies you as, possibly, a better team then one that wins more stanley cups when there was less then 20.
[/quote]

You are sadly mistaken. It is much easier to win in a watered down league than it is in one where the talents are concentrated adn competition fierce. The Olympics are proof of that. (And if you must know, yes, I was rooting for Canada at the last Olympics. Nice that the US got a couple of silvers... congrats for that! *smirk*)

Overall, in their respective and comparable history, Montreal has won more games, broken more opponent's bones and done better than Detroit!

Oh, and Montreal does ahve a little something called a [b]DYNASTY[/b] while the league had over 20 teams... if you recall! (Or maybe your its hard to recall with your selective memory and all)

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 7 2005, 09:47 AM']false pretext of worthiness? now, i think you're just jealous because detroit has better and more loyal fans then montreal. (and i say that with utmost respect)
[right][snapback]749427[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Jealous! better fans in Detroit! You mean when :pigfly: !

*smirk*

PS: I don't think Montreal plays Detroit at all this year! I couldn't find a game either!

We'll have to come up with something else! Suggestions?

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='Oct 7 2005, 10:09 AM']Hockey......
[right][snapback]749456[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hockey IS dancing. Dancing on a silver plane of ice, mixing grace with grit and speed with determination. A perfect combination of superfast camaderie and adversaries wrapped in skill, strenght and agility!

How can you possibly ask for better!

There is no sport outside of hockey.