An Old School Catholic Message Board

we're so PRETTY

theculturewarrior

photosynthesis

I will pray for your uncle too.

TCW, what bands did you like in your punk phase? My punk phase ran concurrently with my militant anti-Catholic feminist phase, so I listened to a lot of riotgrrl stuff

theculturewarrior

The originators. Sex Pistols. Dead Kennedys. Violent Femmes. the Descendants, etc.

Here's me in suspenders.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/cyneheard/me.jpg[/img]

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 18 2005, 01:27 PM']The originators. Sex Pistols. Dead Kennedys. Violent Femmes. the Descendants, etc.

Here's me in suspenders.
[right][snapback]762652[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I never am able to classify music genres right. I suppose I might [i]still be[/i] in a punk phase.... :unsure:

The suspenders look good on you!

photosynthesis

those are some mighty awesome suspenders! and it looks like a mighty awesome library too.

i listened to the Dead Kennedys too, they were one of my favorites.

theculturewarrior

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 18 2005, 01:54 PM'] it looks like a mighty awesome library too.

[right][snapback]762701[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You would have to have a panoramic view to see how truly impoverished it is. :P:

photosynthesis

well, if you say so... my college has a very small library so I always end up at the Johns Hopkins Library for most of my research. you should move to B'more and work at JHU. their library is truly amazing.

theculturewarrior

I'm not sure where God is taking me after I graduate, but I think He wants me here. :) I would love to work at an orthodox Catholic University though. There are a couple in Texas. The only thing is, I might not make enough to support myself, so it wouldn't be a step forward.

photosynthesis

yeah, I know how that is. I have no idea where I'll be in 2 months. who knows? I'm just hoping I won't be working some lame PR job... how I loathe PR....

I would like to move back to the NYC metro area and work there. I grew up in north jersey and could commute into the city from my mom's house, but I'm not sure if that's the most peaceful option. also most of my friends are down here and I might miss people too much :(

Edited by photosynthesis

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:44 PM']I had a punk phase!
now I dress like my mom
[right][snapback]762587[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I had a punk phase...now I don't know what I dress like...me :D:

(which still includes a little punkyness, something I'm still not mature enough to totally give up)

photosynthesis

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 18 2005, 02:27 PM']The originators. Sex Pistols. Dead Kennedys. Violent Femmes. the Descendants, etc.
[right][snapback]762652[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think you had a cooler punk phase than I did.

theculturewarrior

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 18 2005, 05:55 PM']I think you had a cooler punk phase than I did.
[right][snapback]762926[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I listened to cool music any way! But every body around me said, "one day that boy's going to be wearing suspenders. :rolleyes: "