Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='shelly_freak' date='Oct 18 2005, 02:23 PM']I had a punk phase...now I don't know what I dress like...me : (which still includes a little punkyness, something I'm still not mature enough to totally give up) [right][snapback]762832[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I had a slight goth phase, but I still never really dressed like it. I dress kind of like a my age/version of my mom and wish I had more music like soft goth metal which would truly be pretty.
theculturewarrior Posted October 23, 2005 Author Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='phatcatholic' date='Oct 23 2005, 03:14 AM']what did you mean by "pretty vacant" ?? [right][snapback]767978[/snapback][/right] [/quote] It's a song by the Sex Pistols. You should see footage of them singing it! That's punk rock!
theculturewarrior Posted October 23, 2005 Author Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='Dudette' date='Oct 22 2005, 03:20 PM']niiiiiice TCW. Hey in the other pic you had your hands in your pockets too. You like your pockets eh? : [right][snapback]767367[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah. They're nice and warm. (After all, it was down to like the mid-eighties yesterday. : )
phatcatholic Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 23 2005, 05:14 AM']It's a song by the Sex Pistols. You should see footage of them singing it! That's punk rock! [right][snapback]768006[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i want a net shirt, like that one guy
theculturewarrior Posted October 23, 2005 Author Posted October 23, 2005 They were captains of the "teenage angst" industry. It's become cliche at this point, but they pioneered the rebel-against-everything youth culture that's still around today. They are NOT a good influence (with a name like the Sex Pistols, who knew?) but there would be no Christian punk rock if they had never been. I think if musicians were as angry about what's wrong with the world as the Sex Pistols were with the establishment, authority, etc., the next generation would be entirely Catholic. I'm not talking wimpy-right-from-wrong anger. I mean, Old Testament wrath of God anger. There is so much to work with! When an unscrupulous man breaks a woman's heart after an illicit sexual affair, and a Christian man is watching the whole time, that situation could make a punk rock song that could compete in the mainstream. Persecution is another situation. The Church is persecuted, even here! That's where the Psalms came from, for the most part. It is meat for a punk rock song. There are a lot of things that a Christian musician could hate and be angry about, and write songs based on that hate. It would be compelling to angst driven teens. As a Christian, though, I have a hard time hating anymore.
Dudette Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 23 2005, 07:15 AM']Yeah. They're nice and warm. (After all, it was down to like the mid-eighties yesterday. : ) [right][snapback]768007[/snapback][/right] [/quote] THAT'S NOT EVEN COLD!!!! ahahahahaha.
theculturewarrior Posted October 23, 2005 Author Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='Dudette' date='Oct 23 2005, 10:23 AM'] THAT'S NOT EVEN COLD!!!! ahahahahaha. [right][snapback]768090[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah, but when they put the AC on in the Library...brrrrrrr
photosynthesis Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Oct 23 2005, 04:50 AM']I had a slight goth phase, but I still never really dressed like it. I dress kind of like a my age/version of my mom and wish I had more music like soft goth metal which would truly be pretty. [right][snapback]767999[/snapback][/right] [/quote] There was a period of time where all I listened to was Morrissey, The Smiths, and Dead Can Dance...
Dudette Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 23 2005, 12:35 PM']Yeah, but when they put the AC on in the Library...brrrrrrr [right][snapback]768096[/snapback][/right] [/quote] ah, this is true.
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 23 2005, 10:07 AM']There was a period of time where all I listened to was Morrissey, The Smiths, and Dead Can Dance... [right][snapback]768115[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I never heard of the first two. I've only heard one song by the last, but I can't understand the words. It's called [i]Arabian Gothic[/i] or something like that. I got it back when I had limewire about three years ago. I could never be a true goth though. I did get a Necromance CD last spring.
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='phatcatholic' date='Oct 23 2005, 07:26 AM']i want a net shirt, like that one guy [right][snapback]768033[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Freak. I mean that in the most loving way possible. [img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/KsSmilies/hugs/hug2.gif[/img] Normals can get scary. With love (and something that had to be said about the idea of a guy in a net shirt) Your hopefully slightly quirky sis in Christ
photosynthesis Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Oct 23 2005, 01:45 PM']I never heard of the first two. I've only heard one song by the last, but I can't understand the words. It's called [i]Arabian Gothic[/i] or something like that. I got it back when I had limewire about three years ago. I could never be a true goth though. I did get a Necromance CD last spring. [right][snapback]768167[/snapback][/right] [/quote] The Smiths are a band from the late 80's. They have very depressing lyrics, like "and if a double decker bus / crashes into us / to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die." I never wore enough eyeliner to be considered goth, though. One of my younger cousins is getting into the whole goth thing, and she's been shopping at Hot Topic. I keep asking her if she's a visigoth or a demigoth.
theculturewarrior Posted October 23, 2005 Author Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 23 2005, 11:07 AM']There was a period of time where all I listened to was Morrissey, The Smiths, and Dead Can Dance... [right][snapback]768115[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I used to sing like Morrisey. I'm not ashamed to say I'm incapable of that any more! :
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Oct 23 2005, 02:16 AM']Did anyone else see the title of this thread and start thinking of the song in Anger Management that was in West Side Story? [i]I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and bright! And I pity Any girl who isn't me tonight.[/i] [right][snapback]767979[/snapback][/right] [/quote] So I really am the only one?
theculturewarrior Posted October 23, 2005 Author Posted October 23, 2005 I'm familiar with West Side Story, but I tend to think of the Sex Pistols. Funny correlation though! :
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 I'm not sure I've ever heard the Sex Pistols. Are you really bipolar? Were you really schizophrenic?
theculturewarrior Posted October 23, 2005 Author Posted October 23, 2005 I'm really bipolar. I wasn't really schizophrenic. Changing disorders is mental hospital humor. (You just have to go nuts to understand. : )
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2005 Posted October 23, 2005 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 23 2005, 03:30 PM']I'm really bipolar. I wasn't really schizophrenic. Changing disorders is mental hospital humor. (You just have to go nuts to understand. : ) [right][snapback]768326[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I think I would rather preserve what sanity I have.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now