An Old School Catholic Message Board

Could Mary have sinned?

scardella

Could Mary have sinned?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='09 March 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1268167662' post='2069710']
He likes to "stop storms."
[/quote]

That's kinda what I thought. I wish I could have 3+ screen names... on second thought my post count would be lower.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Damiano' date='09 March 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1268167465' post='2069708']
*["Those who do not have the ability to sin experience a greater freedom than those who can. i believe Mary had such 'greater' freedom, in that she was incapable of sinning."]

***All of your and your church's musings are mere SPECULATION with NO (i.e., zero...zilch) support in Scripture. Mary was a born sinner: "As it is written, there is NONE righteous, NO, NOT ONE: There is NONE that understandeth, there is NONE that seeketh after God" [Romans 3:10-11].

Damiano
[/quote]
Welcome to Phatmass!

I think you'll find that we have much Scripture to support our beliefs. I'm sorry that someone has misled you to think otherwise. Enjoy your stay!

*["...Mary did not sin by God's grace..."]

***This is a lie. There is NO SUPPORT for your statement in Scripture...so your statement is just SPECULATION with NO PROOF. Mary, like everyone else, was born in SIN {Romans 3:10-11;Psalm 51:5].

*["..She most certainly endured temptation but did not fail ever ONLY because of the grace of God. This had to have been her will in complete union with God's will. Thus I think it had to be will against temptation rather than just passive inability to sin. Most certainly satan tried to bring her under the power of sin as well as her son."]

***Mere SPECULATION..."This had to have been"..."Thus I think it had to be"..."Most certainly"...yada...yada. There is NO SUPPORT for speculation in Scripture.

Damiano

[quote name='Damiano' date='09 March 2010 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1268168361' post='2069719']

***Mere SPECULATION..."This had to have been"..."Thus I think it had to be"..."Most certainly"...yada...yada. There is NO SUPPORT for speculation in Scripture.

Damiano
[/quote]

So scripture forbids theological developments? Where?

*["Note that nobody (so far) has claimed that she had sinned, but that she COULD have sinned."]

***Let me be the FIRST to announce to all on this board that your "goddess" Mary...the "Queen of Heaven" was a BORN SINNER [Romans 3:10-11;Psalm 51:5] and in need of a SAVIOR. Too, she ADMITTED that she was a sinner and her spirit rejoiced in God her SAVIOUR...hear her: "And Mary said, 'My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God MY SAVIOUR'" [Luke 1:46-47]. Only SINNERS are in need of a SAVIOR [1 Timothy 1:15]...and Mary said she rejoiced in God her SAVIOR [Luke 1:46-47]...(i.e., Jesus is God her SAVIOR...that "thing" in her womb was her Creator-God...John 1:3).

BOTTOM LINE: Mary was a born sinner and admitted a need of a SAVIOR...and REJOICED when He came for her. Instead the Catholic Church makes her a "goddess" who is NOT in need of a Saviour and exalts her to DEITY as "Queen of Heaven"...with NO SUPPORT in Scripture.

Damiano

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Damiano' date='09 March 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1268172004' post='2069778']
*["Note that nobody (so far) has claimed that she had sinned, but that she COULD have sinned."]

***Let me be the FIRST to announce to all on this board that your "goddess" Mary...the "Queen of Heaven" was a BORN SINNER [Romans 3:10-11;Psalm 51:5] and in need of a SAVIOR. Too, she ADMITTED that she was a sinner and her spirit rejoiced in God her SAVIOUR...hear her: "And Mary said, 'My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God MY SAVIOUR'" [Luke 1:46-47]. Only SINNERS are in need of a SAVIOR [1 Timothy 1:15]...and Mary said she rejoiced in God her SAVIOR [Luke 1:46-47]...(i.e., Jesus is God her SAVIOR...that "thing" in her womb was her Creator-God...John 1:3).

BOTTOM LINE: Mary was a born sinner and admitted a need of a SAVIOR...and REJOICED when He came for her. Instead the Catholic Church makes her a "goddess" who is NOT in need of a Saviour and exalts her to DEITY as "Queen of Heaven"...with NO SUPPORT in Scripture.

Damiano
[/quote]
[img]http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/images/Strawman-motivational.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Damiano' date='09 March 2010 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1268168361' post='2069719']
*["...Mary did not sin by God's grace..."]

***This is a lie. There is NO SUPPORT for your statement in Scripture...so your statement is just SPECULATION with NO PROOF. Mary, like everyone else, was born in SIN {Romans 3:10-11;Psalm 51:5].

*["..She most certainly endured temptation but did not fail ever ONLY because of the grace of God. This had to have been her will in complete union with God's will. Thus I think it had to be will against temptation rather than just passive inability to sin. Most certainly satan tried to bring her under the power of sin as well as her son."]

Damiano
[/quote]

"καὶ εἰσελθὼν ὁ ἄγγελος πρὸς αὐτὴν εἶπε· χαῖρε, κεχαριτωμένη· ὁ Κύριος μετὰ σοῦ· εὐλογημένη σὺ ἐν γυναιξίν."

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Damiano' date='09 March 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1268172004' post='2069778']

Damiano
[/quote]

Mary, a fully human and merely human woman (not a goddess) needed a Savior. Mary was saved from sin by way of preservation.

Bam. Bottom line annihilated.

Have a nice day.

By the way, Damiano:

[img]http://celticwander.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/san-damiano-cross.jpg[/img]

The San Damiano Cross

God bless,

Micah

PS - Since you show no signs of being anything but an uncharitable troll bent on stopping your ears and arrogantly shouting your falsehood, I shall say "Ni!" to you and no more.

[quote name='Raphael' date='09 March 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1268173375' post='2069792']
Mary, a fully human and merely human woman (not a goddess) needed a Savior. Mary was saved from sin by way of preservation.

Bam. Bottom line annihilated.

Have a nice day.

By the way, Damiano:

[img]http://celticwander.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/san-damiano-cross.jpg[/img]

The San Damiano Cross

God bless,

Micah

PS - Since you show no signs of being anything but an uncharitable troll bent on stopping your ears and arrogantly shouting your falsehood, I shall say "Ni!" to you and no more.
[/quote]

***The only reason you say "Ni" is because you CANNOT say anything else! The Scriptures have SHUT YOUR MOUTH: "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not made manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do" [Hebrews 4:12-13].

Prove to me by the Scriptures that I am shouting falsehoods. Until you can do that you are spewing hatred against those who take God at His Word. The Word of God is the FINAL AUTHORITY of what is right or wrong...for He has armed the Christian with His WORD which is INSPIRED [2 Timothy 3:16]. Religious counterfeits rely on their Church pronouncements, traditions, councils, liturgies, ecclesiastical garments, etc., which can NEVER save them. Religious pomposity is an affront to God...only His Word endures.

Damiano

[quote name='Damiano' date='09 March 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1268176971' post='2069825']
Prove to me by the Scriptures that I am shouting falsehoods. Until you can do that you are spewing hatred against those who take God at His Word. The Word of God is the FINAL AUTHORITY of what is right or wrong...for He has armed the Christian with His WORD which is INSPIRED [2 Timothy 3:16]. Religious counterfeits rely on their Church pronouncements, traditions, councils, liturgies, ecclesiastical garments, etc., which can NEVER save them. Religious pomposity is an affront to God...only His Word endures.

Damiano
[/quote]

I already used Sacred Scripture to show that the holy Theotokos was sinless and immaculate.

Alas, you failed to respond to my post.

:weep:

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='09 March 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1268177161' post='2069833']
I already used Sacred Scripture to show that the holy Theotokos was sinless and immaculate.

Alas, you failed to respond to my post.

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/weep.gif[/img]
[/quote]

***I cannot read gibberish.

Damiano